A diary of a slimming world consultant

Thanks Alice
Have you decided which package option to go for?
when does your training start? Are you excited yet or still unsure?
do you know much about your group?

Lesley x

Ok so I did 3k leaflets 50 posters , social network sites , 15 days of serious community activities and pretty much went all out and I still only got 16 new members and 6 transfers , I'm ok with it as I don't work so we don't miss me having any earnings , but what I will say is please take not fast tracking into consideration if you are financially going to be dependant on it as my colleague who trained with me got 15 and is only paying her rent ( and that's £16 !!! ) and isn't making any as yet .........
I love SW and hubby runs my shop and I don't give a flyers that I have another 5 weeks on 25 % because I do truly love it BUT ladies and gents the pressure is on to get it and your TD and Area Managers aren't to chuffed when you don't !!!!

Hi all. Well i have been in group 9 weeks now and its all go. All new consultsnts massive congrats to you xxx it was hard work at girst with all the promo and it still is. I work part time also. I relaunched my group. which previously had 12 members. My opening night i did manage 25 so fast tracked. Week 2 i fast tracked stage 2&3 and also schieved ruby in my first month. I achieved bronze this last month. Im currently running between 43 & 55. Im a happy consultant but a tired one and is certainly more work than what they tell you at op event.

Hi all. Well i have been in group 9 weeks now and its all go. All new consultsnts massive congrats to you xxx it was hard work at girst with all the promo and it still is. I work part time also. I relaunched my group. which previously had 12 members. My opening night i did manage 25 so fast tracked. Week 2 i fast tracked stage 2&3 and also schieved ruby in my first month. I achieved bronze this last month. Im currently running between 43 & 55. Im a happy consultant but a tired one and is certainly more work than what they tell you at op event.

Thank you for the info about your numbers shanning
well done on your hard work!
any top tips for promo would be cool

xxx

Welcome back Roanne.
Hope you're getting lots of support. Build on the numbers you have, and you should get 25 by week 6.
If you've got any leaflets leftover, get them out. You can order 2000, if you want to keep dropping over the next few weeks, to keep them coming in.
Something I do, is ask my members to bring their friends or family along. And I put a back copy of a magazine in a bag, with yes you can and the SW difference leaflets in, as an invitation to come and join.
How are your managers and TD putting on the pressure?:(

Welcome back Roanne.
Hope you're getting lots of support. Build on the numbers you have, and you should get 25 by week 6.
If you've got any leaflets leftover, get them out. You can order 2000, if you want to keep dropping over the next few weeks, to keep them coming in.
Something I do, is ask my members to bring their friends or family along. And I put a back copy of a magazine in a bag, with yes you can and the SW difference leaflets in, as an invitation to come and join.
How are your managers and TD putting on the pressure?:(

That's a great idea littlemissslim thanks x

Well that night I had a call from TD saying that she expected so much more ( I was the only one to get an editorial out as I badgered the paper lol ) plus I took pics everyday of my comm activities to show what I was doing , even collared the Major one day !! , just felt that they were disappointed when I was on such a high as as long as I cover the venue £22 I really don't mind being on less or no money for a few weeks tbh .... Cos I thoroughly loved it !!!
Have already got quite a few enquires and people saying there coming next week so for me I want to grow n nurture .... Seriously I have found my calling in life xx

Well that night I had a call from TD saying that she expected so much more ( I was the only one to get an editorial out as I badgered the paper lol ) plus I took pics everyday of my comm activities to show what I was doing , even collared the Major one day !! , just felt that they were disappointed when I was on such a high as as long as I cover the venue £22 I really don't mind being on less or no money for a few weeks tbh .... Cos I thoroughly loved it !!!
Have already got quite a few enquires and people saying there coming next week so for me I want to grow n nurture .... Seriously I have found my calling in life xx
Can totally identify with you Roanne.

I didn't fast track either despite all the promo and my TD and DM were very disappointed and the pressure was on!
Thing is I wanted my group to grown slowly and it has.
And I feel like I've got to know my members better, meaning I've built up a trust with them and as a result most of my new members come from recommendations :)

I started last week of April and I am now on stage 2, 40%, got 45 members and slowly working towards stage 3 and 45%- the good thing is I'm making about £60 a week after rent as my members like their books and HiFi bars and countdowns!

I want to get Ruby this month (40 new in a month) and Bronze next month and ideally I'd like a double session by Xmas or New Year.

Try not to let the pressure from your TD get to you and just enjoy it!

My TD and DM have left me alone now as I enjoy it and my members love me (I've actually had several tell me that :))

Welcome back Roanne!! That's such a shame u missed out getting your 25 new members. This is one if the things that worries me....doing all your prongs and getting less than sw expect u to get. I work part time so I am not reliant on the money just yet as I know I will need to be up and running for a few months before I give up work.

I start leafleting next Sunday so I'm hoping the weather is kind!!

Waiting for my mammoth delivery to arrive on Monday!! Eek!! Sorting my conservatory out later today in preparation for when it arrives.

Well done Shanning!!! U must be thrilled!! :)

It's great reading such positive things. Well done ladies! I'm under no illusion It's blummin hard work, in fact I've helped my consultant set up and pack away a few times and was astounded at how much kit she had and how much she had to lift on her own (and she's not a youngster!).

I'm really fortunate that my venue has storage so all I take home Is the a frame and scales and laptop ..... Don't worry about the massive amount of boxes as it looks a lot more than it really is and 6 of the boxes are new members packs and hopefully they will be gone ASAP xxxx

I'm also lucky that hubby is a member and co runs the shop , he said on night one " I never knew you had it in you , your passion was amazing and your gonna be great " we'll he doesn't compliment a lot so that was a good en lol xx

I'm so used to reading this thread in one or two hour chunks (trying to catch up from December to present day) that it's strange just reading one or two posts at a time! I feel like I've learnt so much even before attending an opportunity event!

Back