A diary of a slimming world consultant

Great time for you to relaunch too then Hun!!
Do the same goals apply for a brand new group compared to a relaunch of an existing group (eg 25 new members etc?) x

Yes, all the stages are the same but to fast track with a relaunch group you can also count the previous two weeks new members also count. So the relaunch night which is your first night and the two weeks previous, as although these will be with the outgoing consultant, they most likely come in as a result of your 15 day promotion.

For or a new group it's 25 new on night one to fast track.

Welcome to all the newbies!! Just a little word of advice......the training and support from head office is second to none BUT being a consultant is very hard work. Please go into this with your eyes wide open, it isn't a walk in the park! If you don't fast track (and a lot of consultants don't) be prepared to have to go out and deliver 3000 leaflets again and you will only be on 25% earnings until you have 25 or more members consistently for 6 weeks. I've been a consultant for almost 2 months now and I didn't fast track and I hit stage 1 on my 2nd week. I still have yet to get to stage 2 and I don't think that is going to happen thin side of Christmas. I've got 3000 leaflets to do plus another 3000 to do after Christmas. It is a hard slog at times and I do constantly think "why am I doing this?" BUT I love running my group. My members are lovely and I get a real buzz when I get thanked personally by them when they have lost weight. I work part time and I have two kids and I sometimes struggle to get it all done so please think long and hard as to whether you have got the time to devote to your business before making the commitment. If you think you have, that's brilliant and I wish you every success!! Xx

Thanks for your insight sarahc2003
It sounds like your very busy, but glad your enjoying your group!
Hopefully your'll fast track soon & all your effort will start to show financial reward as well as making you feel good!
I hope you don't mind me asking, Would you of done anything differently during your launch if you could do it again? Thanks again for the advice (I work part time (4 days) and have 1 year old daughter so interested in work/life/money balance) xx

Thanks for your insight sarahc2003
It sounds like your very busy, but glad your enjoying your group!
Hopefully your'll fast track soon & all your effort will start to show financial reward as well as making you feel good!
I hope you don't mind me asking, Would you of done anything differently during your launch if you could do it again? Thanks again for the advice (I work part time (4 days) and have 1 year old daughter so interested in work/life/money balance) xx

No I don't think I would do anything differently. I did all the prongs that you are told to do but a few things happened that were out of my control. My editorial didn't go into the paper until after my group had opened and I had my a frame stolen the first time I used it. It's frustrating not hitting the magic 25 on my first night but not much I can do about it now except enjoy the lovely group I have and realise that they are at group because of the effort I have put in. I love being a consultant though :))) xx

Hi.. Found this thread when looking into the idea of becoming a consultant & have been following.. Just found out I got through so will be joining you Kimbers on the 13th & 14th.. Exciting times ahead...

Hi.. Found this thread when looking into the idea of becoming a consultant & have been following.. Just found out I got through so will be joining you Kimbers on the 13th & 14th.. Exciting times ahead...

Oh very exciting, I was starting to think I was going to be on my own, lol.

I have my hotel booked, venue sorted and head to pretraining on Saturday to sign the dotted line. It's moving quickly but I want it to go faster. Remind me I said that when I'm whimpering in a corner in 2.5 weeks time :)

Kimbers I will be with you in that corner I think.. I'm excited big time but am under no illusions it's gonna be easy going!
Where are you staying? Was gonna book the Derbyshire..
I too am off for pre training on sat.. Meeting my TD to sort a venue today..
Exciting times ahead.. See you there x

You probably know this already but at your pre-training meeting you chose if you want Sw to book your accommodation for you. I met a new friend at this meeting and we arranged to share a twin room and Sw booked us into the Derbyshire - was really good. There is a pool and gym and breakfast was scrummy!! Plus we shared the cost of the room Xx

Kimbers I will be with you in that corner I think.. I'm excited big time but am under no illusions it's gonna be easy going!
Where are you staying? Was gonna book the Derbyshire..
I too am off for pre training on sat.. Meeting my TD to sort a venue today..
Exciting times ahead.. See you there x

Hi

Just jumped in on this thread which I have been following now for a while. I decided to become a consultant and went for interview recently....found out I have been accepted. I too am off for pre training on Saturday, opening group in January. Where are you doing your pre training? Would be nice to meet up with fellow newbies.

image.jpgAs Sarah said very honestly not everyone fast tracks in fact at my days 3 & 4 nearly 60% hadn't after 6 to 8 weeks, but after the first week fast tracking is not even in your thoughts, Image Therapy and helping your members are your two main concerns, I now run 2 groups and have a full time job (I know I must be mental) but I really want this to work for me I look at this opportunity as a possible pension for my wife and I, I was told by my TD that the oldest C in Slimming World is 83 so there's hope for me yet :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Love the pics caretaker it was an awesome evening wasn't it :)
I didn't actually stay for the ball just got lots of great pics next year I'm staying though :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 162
Kimbers I will be with you in that corner I think.. I'm excited big time but am under no illusions it's gonna be easy going! Where are you staying? Was gonna book the Derbyshire.. I too am off for pre training on sat.. Meeting my TD to sort a venue today.. Exciting times ahead.. See you there x
:) I'm staying at a place a little further afield. I got a 3 night stay in a single en suite room for £59. It's about 20-25 mins drive but looks lovely. It's called Willersley Castle. They had that price on late rooms and booking . Com. It's £159 through their own site. I just want a comfy bed that saves me a bit of money. I think I will end up eating with people at the Devonshire or the hotel across from it (premier inn?) and drive back to my hotel later. If not then I can grab something quickly and go back and fall into bed. I'll bring my knitting and I'll be happy :) . Hope pre training goes well for you. I think once that's done I will tell more people, I've been scared to jinx it. X

Hi Just jumped in on this thread which I have been following now for a while. I decided to become a consultant and went for interview recently....found out I have been accepted. I too am off for pre training on Saturday, opening group in January. Where are you doing your pre training? Would be nice to meet up with fellow newbies.
Hi Jaxdon, glad to hear we have another recruit with us. I am doing pre training in Renfrew, Scotland. Does anyone know how long pre training lasts? I don't know if it's worth my hubby and wee boy coming up with me, if it's hours they'll be bored, if it's half an hour it's just a boring car journey. If it's in between they can maybe hit a toy shop to plan for Santa :)

Hi Jaxdon, glad to hear we have another recruit with us. I am doing pre training in Renfrew, Scotland. Does anyone know how long pre training lasts? I don't know if it's worth my hubby and wee boy coming up with me, if it's hours they'll be bored, if it's half an hour it's just a boring car journey. If it's in between they can maybe hit a toy shop to plan for Santa :)
Hi Kimbers, pre training is actually not training you will be given your contracts to sign, there and then you will need to take your cheque book and hand over your chosen fee £600 £1000 and you will be given a square white box with you're Secrets of Success (our bible) it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours mate it's usually a chance to meet others that will be going on days 1 & 2 with you as well.
have fun

I agree - pre- training is about signing contract and going through the prongs again in detail. Ours was a couple of hours. Nice to meet other newbies too and that's where I met a new friend & we decided to take a twin room for our training in the Derbyshire which of course cut the cost down a bit! Xx

I am doing my pre training near Gatwick this Saturday. Think it takes a couple of hours...then possibly off to Derbyshire on 13th and 14th...all moving pretty quickly now..yikes!

I am doing my pre training near Gatwick this Saturday. Think it takes a couple of hours...then possibly off to Derbyshire on 13th and 14th...all moving pretty quickly now..yikes!

Jaxton, me too.. Copthorne? Where are you opening? Kimbers.. Hotel sounds perfect, I reckon we'll all be knackered & want to just sleep lol..see you there ladies x

Back