A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi guys, had my interview today & got a call an hour after saying I'd been successful ? feeling excited & nervous at the same time! Will go into group in jan so it's guna b a busy Xmas! X
Caretaker that's fab well done! X
Congrats NiceQ, complete your prongs and watch them come through the door, but your numbers won't define you, your support your retention and your attitude will, and you sound like your going to be very happy. ;)
TC

Thanks purple moon, my derby dates are 10th & 11th of jan, feeling excited & a bit nervous! Xxx

That's nice of you to say rosiebear, thanks :)

Thanks caretaker! Looking forward to completing my prongs, haven't received any further info yet but sure il b inundated soon! Any tips you found worked particularly well? How r ur groups going? I've requested to drop from 4 days to 3 days at work so I can do a job share instead of doing a full time job in 4 days, so more time for SW promotion but most importantly more time with my lil'girl yay :))) x

Well after much soul searching I have decided against going any further down the SW journey I thought long & hard about it & it's not going to be a reliable income which could end up taking more of my time than my current role does already, I still believe in SW 100% it's just not right for me at this time, was horrible having to let my TD know but better now than later, good luck to every1 else xxx

Well after much soul searching I have decided against going any further down the SW journey I thought long & hard about it & it's not going to be a reliable income which could end up taking more of my time than my current role does already, I still believe in SW 100% it's just not right for me at this time, was horrible having to let my TD know but better now than later, good luck to every1 else xxx
Well your not on your own there mate I too didn't feel it was right the first time round I had to make the choice when it was right for me :) and so will you and you will be the better Consultant for mate ;) good luck and no matter what you can always be here with us ;)

:) I'm staying at a place a little further afield. I got a 3 night stay in a single en suite room for £59. It's about 20-25 mins drive but looks lovely. It's called Willersley Castle. They had that price on late rooms and booking . Com. It's £159 through their own site. I just want a comfy bed that saves me a bit of money. I think I will end up eating with people at the Devonshire or the hotel across from it (premier inn?) and drive back to my hotel later. If not then I can grab something quickly and go back and fall into bed. I'll bring my knitting and I'll be happy :) . Hope pre training goes well for you. I think once that's done I will tell more people, I've been scared to jinx it. X

Hiya Kimbers

Hope you got back safe and sound. It's all systems go now. Spent my day doing labels for the back of my leaflets and magazines after spending a fortune in the stationery shop on all sorts.... Finishing off my editorial tonight.....and meeting with TD tomorrow to start practising my members talk and finalise my prongs....
Hope you are also getting sorted. Keep in touch. Jaxdon.

Hi ladies, going to an opportunities event in January! Very keen to be a sw consultant. Anyone any tips/advice?

Hi ladies, going to an opportunities event in January! Very keen to be a sw consultant. Anyone any tips/advice?

Keep a open mind & if you do decide to go for it be prepared for hardwork to get it all going:) x

If you decide to give it a go think really hard about when you are going to do things, you will be told exactly what SW expect if you and it will sound achievable but consider how to fit it into your life, for example:

1) You've just spent the last 3 weekends doing a promotional campaign which you planned for, you're looking forward to a weekend off but your TD expects you to do some extra promoting the following weekend as your group numbers aren't as high as they'd like.

2) It's group night, you've been at work all day, rush home to pick the kids up from an after school club, one of your children is really upset and needs to talk but you can't give them time as you have to load up the car straight away and get out for your group and members.

3) It's support call day, you've put time aside to make those all important support calls, half of the people you ring aren't in, some want you to ring back another time. So your support rolls into extra days when you had other things planned.

4) It's your day off, no SW work for you today but then your zoom arrives and you get a stock delivery, there's a new campaign you need to promote a new product, initiative, competition etc suddenly you're making display boards as you have to get them done in time for group next week.

They say its 10-12 hours a week but if you genuinely support all your members in the way expected, new member calls, support calls to those struggling, calls to those who ask you to ring, admin in the laptop to record all if your support and notes, upload to HO etc it can be a lot more.

Those are just some things to get you thinking. It didn't work out for me but I'm glad I gave it a go. It was just too hard for me to fit it in with family life and another part time job.

Lots of people have a rewarding and successful career as a consultant so good luck but it's not for everyone.

Hi folks, did you all have a good Christmas.

Jackie & Amy, It's all go now eh? I've got 1200 leaflets done so far and plan to get as many out as possible between the 2nd and 5th. First class is on the 6th. Very excited and nervous all at the same time.

Was so lovely to meet you both, looking forward to days 3&4 x

Hi folks, did you all have a good Christmas.

Jackie & Amy, It's all go now eh? I've got 1200 leaflets done so far and plan to get as many out as possible between the 2nd and 5th. First class is on the 6th. Very excited and nervous all at the same time.

Was so lovely to meet you both, looking forward to days 3&4 x

Hiya Kimberly...had my class tonight....it was manic setting set up and before I knew it I was doing my new members talk..only 3 newbies but expecting a lot more next week....not a great night to open....think everyone wants to get the New Year out of the way first....Image therapy was a bit up and down but my TD said I did great. Home now with my 9syn glass of wine..lol....

Will be out doing leaflets again this week, just like yourself...good luck with your class.....and see you soon. xxx.

Well done Jaxdon, the first night is always the worst, and as you say deliver the leaflets and try to ignore the neysayers it is hard, and for a while it might not pay but if you are willing to put the work in you will get the rewards, after nearly 3 months of hard membership building i will reach my stage 2 this weekend or maybe the next but i have to say the smiles you get back from your members when they are losing well, and you realise that you have encouraged prodded and helped them to do it is fantastic, so well done keep going and keep posting ;)

Well I relaunched my Sw group on Thursday night and it was amazing! I've been a part of this thread for a while, waiting to have my 1st night and it's now been and gone!! I had 22 new members, 7 existing and 5 target - just 3 more next week to fast track as I get 2 weeks to do that since I relaunched a group!! Already know of 4 more that are starting new next week so hooray - think I'm there but not going to be complacent! I use FB and twitter in a daily basis to advertise Sw and my wonderful group! Lovely people In Group all really supportive and happy!! Did my support calls and the enthusiasm is fantastic!!! Love it!! Xxx

Last edited:
Thanks. Was back out this morning leafleting.....now going to do some printing to take for group tomorrow. Hope I get a good turnout.I have been Facebook. And Twitter mad this week.......need to get a social team in place tomorrow too....only got a shop lady....fingers and toes all crossed..x

I went to an opps event yesterday! Really want to go for it - but I want to get some more weight off before I do - and so I have asked for a call back in May.....!

*excited*

First group is done, hurrah. 46 new and one existing popped in. I was blown away. Can't wait to see their losses this week.

Just a quick catch up before the school madness begins, hope you've all had a great week.

X

Feeling really nervous about tonight. I have been running my group for 3 months now and my numbers have been averaging around 20-30 apart from December when it dropped to 15-20. All the well established consultants have been saying that numbers will boom in January as we have all been promoting throughout the Christmas holidays. Leafleting in the high winds and rain was an absolute nightmare and not fun at all. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I get some new members!!

Good luck to those starting out! I love being a consultant but it's really hard work

Feeling really nervous about tonight. I have been running my group for 3 months now and my numbers have been averaging around 20-30 apart from December when it dropped to 15-20. All the well established consultants have been saying that numbers will boom in January as we have all been promoting throughout the Christmas holidays. Leafleting in the high winds and rain was an absolute nightmare and not fun at all. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I get some new members!! Good luck to those starting out! I love being a consultant but it's really hard work

How did you get on???

Back