A diary of a slimming world consultant

Omg I had the best night ever! Really fab group! I had 10 new members so in total I had 38 through the door. I revamped my new members talk and did it to everyone like it was their first night. Old and new members said what a great night they had. I was still buzzing when I got home that I couldn't sleep and didn't go to bed till 1.30am!! Feeling the tiredness now as I'm up with the kids ready for the school run lol but it was worth it :)))))

First group is done, hurrah. 46 new and one existing popped in. I was blown away. Can't wait to see their losses this week. Just a quick catch up before the school madness begins, hope you've all had a great week. X

Kimbers.. Yayyyyy that's fantastic news.. 46 is amazing.. I totalled 35 over 2 nights... How were the nerves? Look forward to seeing you again in couple was if days 3&4 same as us.. Take care xx

Hi sorry to jump in on this post but it looks really informative.

I reached my target with Slimming World in November last year. I went to an opportunity night in September and I am so passionate about SW that I thought I'd be good at it and love it. But at the time, too much money.

But I think it does maybe look like it might take over too much time? I have a part time job, 21 hours over 3 days and I have a husband and 2 kids 5 and 4. Anybody else in similar circumstances and it has worked/not worked?

Looking for some feedback to help me on deciding if I should fill out the application. Thanks all.

Sharon x

Hi sorry to jump in on this post but it looks really informative. I reached my target with Slimming World in November last year. I went to an opportunity night in September and I am so passionate about SW that I thought I'd be good at it and love it. But at the time, too much money. But I think it does maybe look like it might take over too much time? I have a part time job, 21 hours over 3 days and I have a husband and 2 kids 5 and 4. Anybody else in similar circumstances and it has worked/not worked? Looking for some feedback to help me on deciding if I should fill out the application. Thanks all. Sharon x

Sharon.. Although I'm new to this still.. ( only just done 2nd wk) it is a great job.. Love it already .. I don't have another job but have 3 kids 4, 10 & 14 & hubby & I found the run up to getting started was really hard work.. You have to promote hard for 15 days & it wasn't easy fitting it around the kids.. But it can be done if your really committed & really want it.. It's still taking up a fair bit of my wk as you have lots to do to get your group 'right' ie visuals, interest table.. Support mid week..& I spent a day having feedback from TD & DM.. Then you have to have a wkly call with TD... It all depends what you feel you can cope with.. It's not just a case of turning up on the night & that's it til following wk.. Having said all that.. I love love love it, for me it wasn't about the money, I just wanted to help others like I had the help... Good luck if you decide to go for it x

I look forward to seeing you there Purplemoon :). I'm staying in the Premier Inn. I was going with another consultant but she has decided that being a consultant isn't what she thought it was going to be and has resigned.

Sharon - I work three days a week and it is hard work trying to fit everything in. Slimming World WILL take over your life. You have group once a week, raffle prizes to buy, members to contact, stock to order, uploading accounts to Head Office, banking, continuous promoting, weekly calls to TD, monthly team meetings, quarterly meetings.......the list is never ending! Then on top of that I still have two kids to take to school and run about, a house to clean, shopping to do etc......BUT I love being a consultant! I didn't fast track which didn't bother me as I am glad my group has started small and grown with quality members that I class as my friends. I wouldn't change things at all. Good luck with your decision xx

Sharon.. That's a shame.. But I can see how people get into this & think OMG because like you said to start you do eat, breath, sleep SW lol but I am loving it.. I'm staying in premier inn up road now as kids n hubby joining me so they can do Alton towers water park! & I'm sad I missed them too much.. Especially as on the sun after have a district meeting which will take the day up! Where r you coming from Sharon & did you do 1&2 on 13/14th? X

Sharon.. That's a shame.. But I can see how people get into this & think OMG because like you said to start you do eat, breath, sleep SW lol but I am loving it.. I'm staying in premier inn up road now as kids n hubby joining me so they can do Alton towers water park! & I'm sad I missed them too much.. Especially as on the sun after have a district meeting which will take the day up! Where r you coming from Sharon & did you do 1&2 on 13/14th? X

***sarah not Sharon lol ***

Lol!! I did my days 1&2 back in September and I couldn't afford to do days 3&4 until now. I've got my quarterly meeting too on the Sunday after so that's my weekend wiped out with Slimming World lol. I'm travelling up from Kent so I will probably drive up after I've picked my kids up from school and just chill out once I've arrived. It's
a shame my friend has resigned but we are all different and it's not for everyone but she gave it a try xx

Lol!! I did my days 1&2 back in September and I couldn't afford to do days 3&4 until now. I've got my quarterly meeting too on the Sunday after so that's my weekend wiped out with Slimming World lol. I'm travelling up from Kent so I will probably drive up after I've picked my kids up from school and just chill out once I've arrived. It's a shame my friend has resigned but we are all different and it's not for everyone but she gave it a try xx

Not a million miles from me.. I'm in West Sussex but near kent boarder:) good idea just to chill once there, it is a fair old drive! I will look out for you there.. I'm Amy:) xx

We're not too far from each other then :). Yes it is a fair old drive. Look forward to meeting u Amy xx

Hi all, have been reading all the posts on this fantastic forum.... so glad its here! Wanted to ask: l am going to my first event this weekend as am thinking of becoming a consultant. I love the honesty on this site and thank you for all the comments that have made me think about this....... l understand the training is in Derby, would it matter if l went up by national express as its only £13 return from London - how far from the centre of Derby is it..... l am 52 years old and have a part time job, all my family are grown up so don't have to worry about that... but all l keep reading is the hard work and how it takes up all of your time!!! l am currently a member with sw and have lost 5 stone, just 2 more to go and love sw. What happens when you are a member yourself! do you then have to weigh yourself.... lol what happens. Thank you again. :)

Hi Cazzle and welcome to the group. I'm not sure how far the training is from the centre of Derby I'm afraid but I would say that you would need to drive as you will be given a lot of stuff to bring home at the end of training. You will be given your laptop and scales to taken plus you will have to take your secret of success manuals with you and they alone r quite heavy.

Hi Cazzle and welcome to the group. I'm not sure how far the training is from the centre of Derby I'm afraid but I would say that you would need to drive as you will be given a lot of stuff to bring home at the end of training. You will be given your laptop and scales to taken plus you will have to take your secret of success manuals with you and they alone r quite heavy.

thanks for replying, the problem is it takes around 4 hours to drive and l hate motorways! So national express is my only option! Will take an extra case to put everything in, do u think this will be a problem?

thanks for replying, the problem is it takes around 4 hours to drive and l hate motorways! So national express is my only option! Will take an extra case to put everything in, do u think this will be a problem?

I agree with Sarah.. Car really is best.. You might meet someone at pre-training that you could get a lift with.. The equipment is fairly heavy & it would have been a struggle on coach but it is doable if only option! With regards to the job.. It does take up a lot of time in the beginning.. I have 3 kids & luckily don't already work.. There's lots to make & organize but it is all achievable.. As long as your prepared for everything to be about SW for a while.. Good luck if you decide to go for it x

I think that would be ok but u will need quite a large case for it all. Perhaps there may be another consultant that you could get a lift with?

I think that would be ok but u will need quite a large case for it all. Perhaps there may be another consultant that you could get a lift with?

Lol x posted!! With regards to weighing yourself.. You do get a free consultant weigh but for me I still attend my group as I haven't reached target yet.. & they do say new consultants put on weight! X

Back