A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi folks, sorry for not relying sooner but as you'll all know life is busy at the moment.

Jackie & Amy, looking forward to seeing you next weekend, I can't believe how fast it's gone since we were last there. I had another 15 on Monday, it was great. Hoping to get things more organised this week though as I've been running to finish setting up at the last minute the last two weeks. People come in so early, 45 minutes my first week and almost 40 this week. So I plan to be ready for them this time, so I can welcome people better.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Image a therapy too, and of course hitting the canteen again :).

See you next week x

I have days 5 & 6 on th 15th & 16th of Feb anyone else going up then? I have had really good weeks 47 at my newly acquired group and 42 at my original group. I have reached stage 2 and I'm making money :) it would be great to meet someone from on here up at Derby :)

I have days 5 & 6 on th 15th & 16th of Feb anyone else going up then? I have had really good weeks 47 at my newly acquired group and 42 at my original group. I have reached stage 2 and I'm making money :) it would be great to meet someone from on here up at Derby :)

It makes so much more difference once you hit stage 2. Well done Caretaker :). I'm not doing graduate training until the end of April.

Hi folks, sorry for not relying sooner but as you'll all know life is busy at the moment.

Jackie & Amy, looking forward to seeing you next weekend, I can't believe how fast it's gone since we were last there. I had another 15 on Monday, it was great. Hoping to get things more organised this week though as I've been running to finish setting up at the last minute the last two weeks. People come in so early, 45 minutes my first week and almost 40 this week. So I plan to be ready for them this time, so I can welcome people better.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Image a therapy too, and of course hitting the canteen again :).

See you next week x

Can I offer some advice, don't get there earlier to make sure you are set up just because people arrive early. The earlier you get there, the earlier they will come. They will know you are ready early so will come, want a chat, and then they don't stay as they've been out so long, and they don't need to stay because they've had your time.
Tell them you are still setting up, and to make themselves a drink, and take a seat. Offer magazines or a recipe book to flick through. You are there for them from opening time, not before.
Take it from one who has learned the hard way!!

Kimberley, they tried to do the same to me last Monday. my social team were getting weighed in at 7.....I spotted them queuing to get weighed whilst chatting to new members...excused myself and went over..told them class started at 7.15 so please take a seat and we would be ready for them shortly...it worked! They all ended up chatting to each other which is what we want....they then stayed and had a really buzzy group....lots to chat about this week! xx

Hi All, brand new to this forum so apologies if I don't quite know the rules yet :). I attended a consultant open day on Saturday and feel this is where I want to go with my life. I asked my consultant this morning for a little more info but having read through a far bit of this forum I know she's super busy bees. Kinda hoped you lovely people can advise on my questions.
I have a call back on Tuesday from my district lead, is this just a basic info call?
Is the 1st interview in your home region?

All info is greatly Appreciated!

thanks

Vicki

Hi All, brand new to this forum so apologies if I don't quite know the rules yet :). I attended a consultant open day on Saturday and feel this is where I want to go with my life. I asked my consultant this morning for a little more info but having read through a far bit of this forum I know she's super busy bees. Kinda hoped you lovely people can advise on my questions.
I have a call back on Tuesday from my district lead, is this just a basic info call?
Is the 1st interview in your home region?

All info is greatly Appreciated!

thanks

Vicki

Sorry Vicki I've only just seen your post. How did you get on with the call yesterday? I'm guessing it was a call to see how you got on at the ops event and to see if you wanted to go forward for an interview

Hope all went well
Sarah x

disappointed

Sorry Vicki I've only just seen your post. How did you get on with the call yesterday? I'm guessing it was a call to see how you got on at the ops event and to see if you wanted to go forward for an interview

Hope all went well
Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

It didnt go well, after receiving what I thought was a personal invite in the post turns out theres no rrom for me in my area.
I did wonder if it was my age im only just 25 mayb they thought I wouldnt put the time and effort in. Saddest thing was id already started roping people into my dream :( .
They said theyd keep me on file if they needed someone but I have a slightly bitter taste now since I thought I was being invited for a reason.

Thanks
Vicki

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

It didnt go well, after receiving what I thought was a personal invite in the post turns out theres no rrom for me in my area.
I did wonder if it was my age im only just 25 mayb they thought I wouldnt put the time and effort in. Saddest thing was id already started roping people into my dream :( .
They said theyd keep me on file if they needed someone but I have a slightly bitter taste now since I thought I was being invited for a reason.

Thanks
Vicki

Ah mate thats such a shame i'm sure they will be in touch in the future.

A lot to lose yet but would love to be a consultant one day, loving reading this :)

Well with a dream like that you have all the time in the world to get there i was in the same position a year ago 20st and thinking i wonder if i'll ever be thin again, one year on and i have lost 7st 9lbs and run 2 groups :) it's acheivable for anyone who wants it :)

Ah mate thats such a shame i'm sure they will be in touch in the future.
I really hope so caretaker I really do. its something ive wanted for quite a while now I just wasnt sure I was the right person for the job until I got the invite in the post.
I just cant get my head round the no room when my town has 1 group and is 5x bigger than the little village next door and it has 2 groups, I just dont get it :(

I really hope so caretaker I really do. its something ive wanted for quite a while now I just wasnt sure I was the right person for the job until I got the invite in the post.
I just cant get my head round the no room when my town has 1 group and is 5x bigger than the little village next door and it has 2 groups, I just dont get it :(

It does seem very strange. Fingers crossed someone changes their mind

I had another great group last night. I've now got up to 46 members so I'm really pleased :))). Looking forward to days 3&4 training this weekend. Travelling up later this afternoon so I can put my feet up an chill out this evening

Best of luck Sarahc2003, im sure youll be over 50 members by next week. Good luck with 3&4 :D. It does confuse me but ill need to speak to my consultant since she sent me the invite. I was just soo excited for the opportunity.

They tend to have 1 group per 4000 people so ask them to have another look, good luck

Thanks CareTaker. I have written an email to my consultant just explaining my views of the whole process. I just struggle to get my head round the whole thing. Why invite people personally if you don't have space for them. Then why say not enough space when the population is 5x bigger and only has 1 group.

Thanks CareTaker. I have written an email to my consultant just explaining my views of the whole process. I just struggle to get my head round the whole thing. Why invite people personally if you don't have space for them. Then why say not enough space when the population is 5x bigger and only has 1 group.

I decided against sending my email just now, didn't want to cause an issue that meant I might never get a chance of a group. I did send my consultant a Facebook message that said I was very disappointed that there wasn't space for me and I had asked that I be kept on file. Within 20 minutes of sending this on Thursday she had read it but as of yet no reply at all not even a maybe soon / next time response.
ill give her till the end of group on Tuesday to say something because she knew how much I wanted it but after that I'm not sure what to do.

thanks all for your advice and support. I just soo sad just now my dream balloon has been popped.

thanks Vicki

Hello everyone
So in december i went to a op meeting and now i have interview in feb the group i would be starting is just the one at the moment
I really want to do it my problem atm is my car was write off the road cant afforf the francise and car but i do want to become a consultant and the regional thinks i would be great
Any pros and cons
I only work part ime at weekends
And childcare isnt a issue

I think having transport is important - is there anyone who could come to help you until you get your car back on the road?

I am putting my consultant dream on hold until I have lost more weight and saved the cash for the franchise. x

Back