A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi Sarah,

It didnt go well, after receiving what I thought was a personal invite in the post turns out theres no rrom for me in my area.
I did wonder if it was my age im only just 25 mayb they thought I wouldnt put the time and effort in. Saddest thing was id already started roping people into my dream :( .
They said theyd keep me on file if they needed someone but I have a slightly bitter taste now since I thought I was being invited for a reason.

Thanks
Vicki

Hi Vicki

Did you not ask them for more feedback, as I thought if you were willing to run a group they would find an area for you? My understanding from the ops event was that if there is a group in your area, you may get given a different area.

I would ask for more info from the people who said 'no' - as I guess your consultant sent you along with best intentions.

Hope you get to the bottom of it hun - and don't give up totally xx

Hi Vicki

Did you not ask them for more feedback, as I thought if you were willing to run a group they would find an area for you? My understanding from the ops event was that if there is a group in your area, you may get given a different area.

I would ask for more info from the people who said 'no' - as I guess your consultant sent you along with best intentions.

Hope you get to the bottom of it hun - and don't give up totally xx

They don't allow you to take groups outwith your area as they feel they dont work aswell. This was explained at my ops event so I did check before applying and they said theyd need to look but then drifted off to all about where I might open.
In say that the lady thats taken over in a village next door doesn't come from thst village not even as close to it as me.

It still upset me a little but we'll see how it plays out in coming weeks.

Hello everyone
So in december i went to a op meeting and now i have interview in feb the group i would be starting is just the one at the moment
I really want to do it my problem atm is my car was write off the road cant afforf the francise and car but i do want to become a consultant and the regional thinks i would be great
Any pros and cons
I only work part ime at weekends
And childcare isnt a issue
A vehicle is essential, and as for your franchise you will also need a little bit on top! Rent is another thing you will have to pay for mine is £40 a week and so in a 5 week month that's £200 so it will be an ongoing thing eyes wide open and you'll be fine ;)

Hi all, I think I'm going to give up being a consultant. I opened a new group on Oct and now have 49 members - I earnt £75 this week. And out of that has to come tax, adverts, and anything I need to buy for group like correx, craft materials, laminate pouches etc. (Some weeks in December were £4.60 or so!!) It's just not enough money to justify the 24/7 nature of the job, if I'm not doing post group admin I'm doing member support, receiving deliveries, being contacted with stupid questions by members (one texted asking me to syn a fudge recipe for her at 10pm on a fri night! Really?!), and then preparing for the next group, oh and meetings and weekly call to TD, countless other things. I have a 10 month old baby, 3 year old and husband who are all getting totally neglected. Also do one 12 hour shift as a nurse a week. I could up that to two shifts, and earn way more and still have 5 whole days off a week to spend with my family! There are a lot lf things I like about being a consultant but more that I don't like. I don't regret it though, because it's what I wanted to do at the time, and it has certainly made me more confident at speaking in front of a big group. I feel it's a great job for the right person on the right situation but my situation is not right. I know leaving is best for me and my family but am not looking forward to telling my social team , members, colleagues and TD. They have all been so lovely. But if I stayed it would only be for them and you can't live your life to please other people. Has anyone else been through the leaving process and can tell me anything about the process? X

Mandelgrot - you live near me don't you - do you still want to be a consultant? Maybe you could take over my SW group, if they accepted you and everything! Opportunity event tomorrow at holiday inn ipswich road 10am. On the slim chance you see this don't tell anyone as I haven't officially resigned or told my members yet! x

Hm, interesting and confusing! I've been on my SW journey for just over 3 years now, having lost 5.5st, with another 3.75st to go to target. My consultant is area manager, and she and another of my forner consultants have suggested I should think about becoming one myself.

However, I cannot drive due to a medical condition which is the main reason I got to the size I did, and am also long term unemployed with no savings - however my boyfriend who I live with works late shifts Mon-Thu and a day shift on Sundays so running a group most evenings would be ideal for me.

There's an opps evening local to me on 15 Feb which just happens to be the day after my 35th birthday and I am seriously considering attending...

Hi ShredFan, you would have to make sure that not only yourself but you would have to make sure your boyfriend wants to commit his time aswell! it is quite time consuming it takes an hour to set out and the same to put away, if your not helped :( and you would have to commit to doing it 52 weeks a year. Great loss by the way :)

Thanks Caretaker, think I'm gonna have a word with my consultant before I make a final decision but I really hope I can make it work. The group I attend now used to be run from a primary school a few minutes walk from my house, but moved because availability of the main hall couldn't always be guaranteed on a Wed night (parents evenings etc) - wondering if I ran my class on a different night I might be able to use the school...

This thread has died a death where is everyone? How is everyone getting on?
My TD has persuaded me out if resigning so I'm continuing for now! Going to put less time in and make sure I have weekends completely off from SW and hopefully that will make it more manageable x

I am still really keen to be a C, but not until I have lost more weight myself and I requested a call back in May!

Glad you have changed your mind - hope it all works out for you.

x

This thread has died a death where is everyone? How is everyone getting on? My TD has persuaded me out if resigning so I'm continuing for now! Going to put less time in and make sure I have weekends completely off from SW and hopefully that will make it more manageable x

Can equate with what you have written. Didn't think about resigning but have noticed that my life has been taken over by Sw. Been a new consultant since January and you can spend every waking hour in Sw stuff - filling in your P4S doc, writing editorials, supporting the lovely members, planning future raffles and the campaigns. I do enjoy it but am having to be fairly strict some days by not switching on FB or answering texts straight away!!

Good luck xx

SW is very time consuming and trying to find a happy balance can be tricky. Anyone out there thinking of becoming a consultant does need to seriously think about whether they do have the time to give it as it is much more than 15 hours a week that they tell you it is! Lol!

Good news DlovesSW that you are sticking with it :) xx

Hi. I am a target member after losing 4 stone in 40 weeks and was considering becoming a consultant but after reading this thread am a bit wary. Dont mind working hard or the time involved but does anyone love being a consultant and earn enough to make it worthwhile? Thanks. This is my first post but have read most of this and would love to hear if anyone is a successful consultant and enjoys it. Don't want to go through all the training for it not to work out. Hope to go to opportunity event this Sunday.

Hi. I am a target member after losing 4 stone in 40 weeks and was considering becoming a consultant but after reading this thread am a bit wary. Dont mind working hard or the time involved but does anyone love being a consultant and earn enough to make it worthwhile? Thanks. This is my first post but have read most of this and would love to hear if anyone is a successful consultant and enjoys it. Don't want to go through all the training for it not to work out. Hope to go to opportunity event this Sunday.

Hi Dancing,
I love being a consultant, there are pitfalls as there are with anything else you might choose to do in life! but i would say very few that are as rewarding, in January from my two groups i earned a combined amount of £1200 in a month, take off my fee's for hiring the halls and i was still left with £900 and they are only 50 members each group so you can earn money from it but to make it your fulltime job you would have to have at least 3 to 4 groups a weekor 2 to 3 at double session, maybe at least go along to an opportunities evening and see what all the fuss is about :) keep us informed :)

Hi caretaker thank you.

Hi Dancing,
I love being a consultant, there are pitfalls as there are with anything else you might choose to do in life! but i would say very few that are as rewarding, in January from my two groups i earned a combined amount of £1200 in a month, take off my fee's for hiring the halls and i was still left with £900 and they are only 50 members each group so you can earn money from it but to make it your fulltime job you would have to have at least 3 to 4 groups a weekor 2 to 3 at double session, maybe at least go along to an opportunities evening and see what all the fuss is about :) keep us informed :)

Thanks I am going to an op event today. I only work part time now and would like to do a morning group as there is not one in my town only nearby. I was full of enthusiasm but some posts made me wary. I have written list of questions to ask today. Will post later letting you know how it went.

Hi everyone, I went to a recruitment meeting yesterday and have so many things going round in my mind, hence surfing the net and spending an hour reading interesting threads like this at 5am! I am very excited at the thought of becoming a consultant but have not set a target yet, am thinking about another stone and half to go, have lost 3 stone 10 now. Was just wondering on people's views on starting as a consultant before getting to target? Have been to WW in the past and didn't find it very inspiring that the consultant was bigger than me!
Any advice welcome, thanks Dawn.

Hi all

I went to the ops event yesterday and I am still interested just worried about a few bits.
If I got selected -
Getting to Derby - not brave enough to drive on my own, am a wimp if I don't know where I am.
Worrying about getting enough members to make it worthwhile.

I am confident about speaking to a group as do that already in present part time job and am passionate about SW but it's making the leap! I did it when I left my first job after 31 years and now been in next job just over 5 so as you see not used to change lol!

Have started a for and against list for all options. Will have a long think, was still awake for hours last night thinking. I have lots of ideas for talks/raffles and for Facebook group. It's just that last step. Will let you know what I decide.

Hi everyone, I went to a recruitment meeting yesterday and have so many things going round in my mind, hence surfing the net and spending an hour reading interesting threads like this at 5am! I am very excited at the thought of becoming a consultant but have not set a target yet, am thinking about another stone and half to go, have lost 3 stone 10 now. Was just wondering on people's views on starting as a consultant before getting to target? Have been to WW in the past and didn't find it very inspiring that the consultant was bigger than me!
Any advice welcome, thanks Dawn.

Hello - I am in the same position, and had advice from other new consultants that you may take your 'eye off the ball' when you first become a C, so I am personally going to try to get closer to my target - as it seems common you may gain a little when you first become a C as you are so busy helping others lose the pounds - you may forget about your own journey for a little bit.

I think you can become a fabulous C no matter where you are on your journey though - and motivate everyone just the same!

I am waiting until I am closer to target before I start the process of becoming a C though. xx

Thanks for your reply Ellebear, going to have a good chat with the district leader when I get my call back, so much going round in my head at the moment and hubby flew out on business trip couple of hours after meeting so not had much chance to discuss it all properly.
Will be interested to see what you decide too Dancingsan

Back