A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi all

I went to the ops event yesterday and I am still interested just worried about a few bits.
If I got selected -
Getting to Derby - not brave enough to drive on my own, am a wimp if I don't know where I am.
Worrying about getting enough members to make it worthwhile.

I am confident about speaking to a group as do that already in present part time job and am passionate about SW but it's making the leap! I did it when I left my first job after 31 years and now been in next job just over 5 so as you see not used to change lol!

Have started a for and against list for all options. Will have a long think, was still awake for hours last night thinking. I have lots of ideas for talks/raffles and for Facebook group. It's just that last step. Will let you know what I decide.

Hope you decide to do it - regarding your concerns, I think there are quite a few meetings in Derby so once you have found your way once I am sure you will be okay. You can always pull over to ask for directions, or use a sat nav on your phone?
Getting enough members - this is down to the intense promotion isn't it? I think you will be fine and if you put the hard work in - the members will come!

x

Thank you Ellebear

Hope you decide to do it - regarding your concerns, I think there are quite a few meetings in Derby so once you have found your way once I am sure you will be okay. You can always pull over to ask for directions, or use a sat nav on your phone?
Getting enough members - this is down to the intense promotion isn't it? I think you will be fine and if you put the hard work in - the members will come!

x
Thank you for your comments. If I don't try I won't know as I have got older I have worked that one out its just so many on here have not got the numbers they hoped for. But I don't work full time so would have the time to do as much as possible. I don't mind starting and building the class but don't want to do all the hard work for nothing. Willing to promote as much as possible if not more. Think it's just fear of the unknown isn't it, it is such a variable. There are a few groups near where I live but the town has large population, it just depends where they suggest if I am successful.

Hey everyone! I've read all posts and loving this thread! I've got my pre-training tonight and up to head office for days 1&2 next Friday and Saturday. I've been given the local group in my area too, which has 50+ members, had a sneaky visit the other week and they seem like a great group but the room needs to be SW'ed up! No visuals etc so excited to give the members what they need :) pretty scared about standing up in front of a room full of people, I go bright red at the thought of it. Found out I'm the only one at pre-training tonight.. With my TD, area AND regional manager. Nervous! I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old who keep me on my toes, bit worried il have no time for them. Can current consultants give me any advice on how to balance family time with SW time. I absolutely can't loose these young years with my babies so any tips will be gratefully received!
Thanks guys & gals :) x

Good luck

Hey everyone! I've read all posts and loving this thread! I've got my pre-training tonight and up to head office for days 1&2 next Friday and Saturday. I've been given the local group in my area too, which has 50+ members, had a sneaky visit the other week and they seem like a great group but the room needs to be SW'ed up! No visuals etc so excited to give the members what they need :) pretty scared about standing up in front of a room full of people, I go bright red at the thought of it. Found out I'm the only one at pre-training tonight.. With my TD, area AND regional manager. Nervous! I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old who keep me on my toes, bit worried il have no time for them. Can current consultants give me any advice on how to balance family time with SW time. I absolutely can't loose these young years with my babies so any tips will be gratefully received!
Thanks guys & gals :) x
Good luck be interesting to hear how you get on. Great you have a group with 50+ already that will make it a bit less of a worry getting numbers in first week. Hope it works out for you X

Good luck be interesting to hear how you get on. Great you have a group with 50+ already that will make it a bit less of a worry getting numbers in first week. Hope it works out for you X

You still need 25 new to fast track, regardless of how many you already have. The best part with an existing group is that the two previous weeks new count towards that 25.

You still need 25 new to fast track, regardless of how many you already have. The best part with an existing group is that the two previous weeks new count towards that 25.
Oh ok had forgotten that, read do many posts got confused! two weeks better than one. Thanks for letting me know.

Becoming a SW Consultant

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I have had a little look and can not see it!

I only started my SW journey in January, and am already loving the results and am highly motivated by SW and the plan, so much so that I talk about it to anyone that will listen!

I havent had as big a loses as some have had, but I am still happy with what I have done as I know that we are all different.

There is an opportunities event coming up in my local area shortly, and I was thinking of going along as have always thought about becoming a Consultant.

Has anyone been to one before? Do you need to have been on the plan for a while before you can apply to become one?

I know that there is an outlay to pay out to start up etc, but any other info would be appreciated :)

I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say if those are your losses in your signature they are big losses, well done you :)

Pre training was great, I was the only one there so really nailed the editorial! I'm opening Easter Monday, so because it's a bank holiday I get the previous 3 Mondays (in stead of 2) new members which is a massive help. Really hoping to fast track. Any one have any advice on getting local businesses to put (and keep up) your posters?x

You can go at any point in your journey. You don't have to sign on a dotted line there and then to buy into the franchise and become a consultant, you can just go along and find out what it's all about first. They give you "warts and all" about what it's like to be a consultant, what training and strategies you will need to put into place. They are really informative and helpful events. You can go to numerous opportunities events if you feel the need - find out as much info as you can before you make your mind up.

At the end of the event they will pass round a questionaire for you to fill in. At the end it asks if you are interested or not, or if it is something you would like to do but just not at this point in time. If you're interested you can leave your contact details and someone from HQ will be in touch for a telephone interview etc. But all of this will be explained at the event anyway.

Thanks for your replies, think I will be going to the event next week :) x

Hi
I have just read through most of this thread after being interested in becoming a C.

If I am honest, it has put me off with the amount of work you have to do, and with 3 children and being a single parent, I do not think it is a viable option.

£600 is a lot to lose after a few weeks/months if it does not work out.

x

Seen a few people mentioning fast tracking, what does that mean please?
If you get more than 25 members on first night your earn more commission straight away if not you stay at 25% of takings after rent until you reach over 25 for 6 weeks. I think that's right got so many figures in my head. So it's called fast tracking. Hope that makes sense.

How much is a franchise on WW?

My consultant has been a consultant for 1o +years and at an 8.30am class on a saturday, she had 90 weighing in !!! she also has a 10.30 class on a sat and 4 classes another day .. so hard work and commitment pays off.So a thank you to all the Consultants and would be consultants on here without you there wouldnt be a SW X

Last edited:
Back