A diary of a slimming world consultant

Had my call back today following the recruitment meeting, interview on Friday, excited! Would anyone care to comment on how their interviews were please?

They asked me to introduce myself. Then asked lots of questions about what I loved about SW, fave meals, who has inspired me and why etc. also questions like; 'have you ever been in a situation where the outcome was different to what you expected' 'have you ever had a disagreement with someone and how did you over come it' 'how would you motivate someone' all questions to do with being a good consultant. X

Hello, I'm new to this but I love all the information & experiences people are sharing, so thank you for these. I am starting my new career as a SW consultant very soon so I'm mega excited but also petrified as its a big step. Having said that I have lost 6 stone following the diet so I am confident in the product & living proof that it works. I am thrilled that I'm going to be helping people realise their goals in weight loss. Hopefully I will meet some of you lovely people & we might even be on some course's together very soon :)

How long after interview did it taketo get an answer and when are you shown the group options and how long do they give you to make a decision? Sorry for all the questions. Tia xx

How long after interview did it taketo get an answer and when are you shown the group options and how long do they give you to make a decision? Sorry for all the questions. Tia xx

Hi danibear, I had my interview on the Thursday & found out on the monday afternoon! it was the worst waiting time ever as I really wanted it :)

They told me straight away about group options so that was a relief and I accepted straight away but I know someone who took a few days to accept. I am now awaiting my paperwork pack which should arrive anyday with all my training dates, package options and what happens next. Exciting times

Thanx zander, i have my interview on friday so probably a long weekwnd wait :-/ you said they told you straight away about groups? Do you mean when they phone you to say you have been.accepted? Thanx xx

Congratulations Zander, 6 stone loss is amazing! I am almost at 4 stone.
Dannibear my interview is in Doncaster on Friday, where abouts are you? We could maybe be on this journey together. This past 10 days has been an up and down whirlwind for me since ops event. So much to think about, have done a recce of some of the areas I know have vacancies and the thought of 3000 leaflets and 50 posters in some of these areas fills me with dread as there just isn't anything there!
Do you get any choice in which group you take on?

Hi dawnydeedee my interview is doncsaster too!! Its a small world isnt it :) i think they give you a few group potentials and you select which you would like. Did you go barnsley for opps event? Xx

Yeah i was first to speak right at the begining lol what timed your interview? Dawydeedee?

And does anyone know if you have to be a certain weight to become a consultant? Tia xx

Ooh, the mid Yorks woman of the year? Thought so, I was second to last :) my interview is at 6. I said to Jo about not being at target on the phone and she said didn't matter, more about your journey than weight. Good luck for your interview x

Thanx zander, i have my interview on friday so probably a long weekwnd wait :-/ you said they told you straight away about groups? Do you mean when they phone you to say you have been.accepted? Thanx xx

Hi sorry for the late reply, they told me over the phone when they said I was accepted:)

Hi sorry for the late reply, they told me over the phone when they said I was accepted. Good luck for firday, just be yourself and I'm sure you will be great :)

Hi everyone, great informative thread :) just wondering if anyone knows if you can pay the start up costs monthly or is it just a lump sum? Tia x x

Back