A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi everyone, great informative thread :) just wondering if anyone knows if you can pay the start up costs monthly or is it just a lump sum? Tia x x
As far I as I know from ops event it's in one go but I saw somewhere may have been on what they gave us you can get a loan with Nat West if you open bus a/c with them. Will post if I find it. Others may know.

I went to ops event nearly two weeks ago and they said they would be in touch. I haven't heard anything yet but may be because I put I couldn't do this next campaign due to family illness but would be very interested. I am scared to ring them as I don't want my dream of becoming a consultant shattered as I know they don't want everyone. After coming home and thinking it all through would love to do it now despite my initial worries I thought everything went well and they were very encouraging with what I said at the meeting. Trying to pluck up the courage to call, what do you think those of you that have been to one of the events? Thanks for any advice.

Got my interview tomorrow and dont know what to wear...
did all those who became a consultant weigh with 2 stone of ideal weight?
Tia x

a word of advice for anyone thinking of becoming a Consultant do it now as the fee's maywell go up quite soon!

I was a SW Consultant about 4 years ago. The training and support is very good but you also have to be motivated to promote your group,usually via leaflets through letterboxes. I did enjoy it but had another job which was my main incomme source so had to give up being a consultant.

As far I as I know from ops event it's in one go but I saw somewhere may have been on what they gave us you can get a loan with Nat West if you open bus a/c with them. Will post if I find it. Others may know.

That's interesting, due to go to an opps event this month, the only thing that puts me off is the money side :(

Had my interview last night and there aren't any groups available in my immediate area.
Still a bit unsure about taking on a group that isn't very near, looking at around 30 mins from home. Does anyone else run a group this far away? Worried won't be able to promote it properly on the community side of things :/
any advice appreciated, thanks.

Hi,
My husband was a WW leader and the amount of work he was expected to do was ridiculous. I spoke to our SW area manager about it and I know SW consultants don't have quite the same amount of stuff expected on them in terms of selling products as WW is all about product promotion.
My cousin was a SW consultant a couple of years ago and she left because of the pressure from members, she loved doing it but found it quite difficult with the amount of time she was spending talking to various members over the phone outside of the meeting times plus she said it was ok doing the leaflets through the letter box was it was sunny but was a lot harder in the pouring rain.

Hi Danni, got a letter today :) did you? Must admit feeling a bit unsure about distance of groups still. Going to have a chat with my consultant tomorrow, just don't want to fail! X

Hi Danni, got a letter today :) did you? Must admit feeling a bit unsure about distance of groups still. Going to have a chat with my consultant tomorrow, just don't want to fail! X

Yeah i got letter too! :) i still not sure on what is available group wise. You pre training on 22nd? See you there.

Great, well done :) Yes I am, also had call tonight saying team developer would be in touch about group choices in next couple of days, all a bit exciting and scary! Was paying extra attention at my group tonight, ha ha x

At the end of the day its alot of money to hand out if your unsure, where about do you live? Andbhow far are potential groups? I am so excited lol xx
Sorry, missed this post last night, live in Wakefield and poss groups more towards Barnsley, about 30 mins away on good run. Had good chat with my sis last night and team dev who is ringing me travels that for her group so feeling more positive about it this morning. Think it's a bit of a fear of the unknown! x

Back