A diary of a slimming world consultant

Would just like to offer my experience here ladies - I had a group 30 minutes away, it really is not easy. Factor in an extra hour each group night, every time you want to promote - you leaflet on Sunday and bank hols but need to be out in the week/Saturday to poster etc. if you don't live in the area it's harder to get to know the local shop owners, community people, doctors surgeries. When you do a community activity it adds time.
Not trying to put you off but do factor it in. If your group is local you can go out and leaflet, pop home for a wee/lunch/cuppa then go out again. It's easier to roam your banner, A frame etc.

i know it's not always possible and groups are where they are, but 30 mins away really is not easy. (Not forgetting fuel use age of course!!

Would just like to offer my experience here ladies - I had a group 30 minutes away, it really is not easy. Factor in an extra hour each group night, every time you want to promote - you leaflet on Sunday and bank hols but need to be out in the week/Saturday to poster etc. if you don't live in the area it's harder to get to know the local shop owners, community people, doctors surgeries. When you do a community activity it adds time.
Not trying to put you off but do factor it in. If your group is local you can go out and leaflet, pop home for a wee/lunch/cuppa then go out again. It's easier to roam your banner, A frame etc.

i know it's not always possible and groups are where they are, but 30 mins away really is not easy. (Not forgetting fuel use age of course!!

Thankyou for your input i will keep it in mind when discussing groups xx

Need to sort money side out now, if i go for small loan at bank is it a business loan i need? How did you get franchise fee?
Tia
Danibear87
Xx

Thank you for your comments, these are all things I have been considering. Have been weighing it all up and decided to take the plunge with a group about 30 mins away. My new team developer travels that for her group so had a good chat about pros and cons. Pre training next week, exciting!

We'll good luck :) there were no pros in my opinion, only cons. If I'd had a closer group I could have promoted a whole lot more.
Its tough out there but I do wish all newbies the best of success.

Finally going to my opps event tomorrow night, was meant to go last month but it was the morning after my birthday and I was shattered :(

Just got back from opps event, more sure than ever I want to give it a go. The financial bit concerns me but that will be discussed when I get my call.

Eeeek dawydeedee excited for pre training next week!! Xx
Me too! Have actually read through the whole of the contract and bumf that came, got my training days booked off at work, told a few people and going to see my team developer in her group Monday so it's all getting a bit real now! Hubby back from work trip today, been away since day of opps event, he'll be sick of hearing about it by tea time! :) have you not discussed groups with your TD yet then? I asked, I was honest about my concerns about distance and had a good chat with her x

Me too! Have actually read through the whole of the contract and bumf that came, got my training days booked off at work, told a few people and going to see my team developer in her group Monday so it's all getting a bit real now! Hubby back from work trip today, been away since day of opps event, he'll be sick of hearing about it by tea time! :) have you not discussed groups with your TD yet then? I asked, I was honest about my concerns about distance and had a good chat with her x

No not heard from td yet :-( is your hubby sick of sw yet lol? You having group in barnsley then?the grouo you mentioned at interview? Xx

Oh, well at least pretraining is next week so not too much longer to wait. Been writing lots of lists - boxes etc need to buy, questions to ask next week, ideas for boards etc! Can't believe this time in 3 weeks we'll be on first leaflet drops! Looking forward to seeing my TD in action tomorrow x

Oh, well at least pretraining is next week so not too much longer to wait. Been writing lots of lists - boxes etc need to buy, questions to ask next week, ideas for boards etc! Can't believe this time in 3 weeks we'll be on first leaflet drops! Looking forward to seeing my TD in action tomorrow x

Yeah not long to wait, i have been making list too lol omg had thaught about that eeeeeek xxx

No not heard from td yet :-( is your hubby sick of sw yet lol? You having group in barnsley then?the grouo you mentioned at interview? Xx
Haha, probably! Yes going for that group as it's on a day where I don't work or the day after so ideal for me that way x
Which Barnsley group are you going for Dawnydeedee? I only ask as I have an aunt in Hoyland I visit when I can and went to group there last time I visited :)

Back