A diary of a slimming world consultant

I'm up there too at the end of the month :). I've no idea what I need to take.....do you??
Are you there for 5/6? I have a list somewhere and actually it's bloody huge :( actually looks quite daunting!!

Hi guys,
I'm new to the site but have been catching up with this thread as I'm thinking of becoming a consultant. Have my face-to-face interview on Thursday 17th after attending the 'learn more' day on Sunday! So it's all happening a bit fast! It's something I've considered before & I think I'd be a good consultant. However I have a couple of concerns & was hoping for some frank advice from the existing consultants. I know the OP stopped & I'm wondering why? It seemed you were doing well but then you mentioned that you only took home £20 from a group. From what I've been told of the commission structure I'm wondering how it was so low with 40+ members? I want to be a consultant to give something back and I think I would enjoy it. However, I am a mum of two young kids and I can't be giving up 15 hours a week of my time for little or no renumeration. This will be a job for me so I need it to pay.
Thanks.
xx

It's not just the OP who stopped - if you have time to read all this you will see lots have started and resigned, myself included.
40 members at £4.95 each is £200 - you are on 40% so £80 - less rent, less travel etc, that's not taking into account free weeks, visitors, etc.

I've always said if you don't work then you can make a success of being a consultant as have time to promote promote promote but there are a lot of variables, how many groups are in your area being one.

The turnover of consultants is high, there's a reason for it. I would tell anyone not to do it but I would say think very long and hard about it.

Hi everyone....another newbie here.....have read a lot of this thread, and attended an opportunities day last week (in Ireland). I think I really want to give being a consultant a go....two kids will be in school from September so will have lots of time to promote.....just wondering how long does it take for them to get in touch (I thought they said I'd get a call this week) but have heard nothing yet ? Have thought of nothing but slimming world all week :)

Hello all you consultants and budding consultants - could I ask a question please??

A fellow minis member/friend got to target last week (whoop), she was going to give this week a miss but her Consultant asked her to attend to help with new joiners signing up, she went along to help intending not doing a WI, her Consultant told her if she attended she HAD TO weigh!! is this the case as he asked her to go and help?? could she have gone along sat in on IT and not weighed

Thanks guys and gals xx

Hey Texty I am not a consultant but I know that at my group occasionally people come and don't weigh. They just go through the pay in fir attendance. Tends to be people who know they have had a bad week dint want to see it but want the support if group

Hey Texty I am not a consultant but I know that at my group occasionally people come and don't weigh. They just go through the pay in fir attendance. Tends to be people who know they have had a bad week dint want to see it but want the support if group

Thanks Jen - thats what I thought but her C bullied her basically into getting weighed

I just read it's awful! They are meant to be there for support!

Hi guys,
I'm new to the site but have been catching up with this thread as I'm thinking of becoming a consultant. Have my face-to-face interview on Thursday 17th after attending the 'learn more' day on Sunday! So it's all happening a bit fast! It's something I've considered before & I think I'd be a good consultant. However I have a couple of concerns & was hoping for some frank advice from the existing consultants. I know the OP stopped & I'm wondering why? It seemed you were doing well but then you mentioned that you only took home £20 from a group. From what I've been told of the commission structure I'm wondering how it was so low with 40+ members? I want to be a consultant to give something back and I think I would enjoy it. However, I am a mum of two young kids and I can't be giving up 15 hours a week of my time for little or no renumeration. This will be a job for me so I need it to pay.
Thanks.
xx
Hi I am in the same boat as you. I went to ops event and didn't hear anything. Told my consultant who said there isn't a district manager at the moment and all covering. She spoke to her boss who cslled me when I was out and she hasn't rung bCk yet. Don't want to get my hopes up as they don't take everyone I have read all the thread and am a bit wary but still want to try as some consultants do do well. Good luck and keep us posted. X Sandra

Hello all you consultants and budding consultants - could I ask a question please?? A fellow minis member/friend got to target last week (whoop), she was going to give this week a miss but her Consultant asked her to attend to help with new joiners signing up, she went along to help intending not doing a WI, her Consultant told her if she attended she HAD TO weigh!! is this the case as he asked her to go and help?? could she have gone along sat in on IT and not weighed Thanks guys and gals xx

I'm not a consultant but it says it in the target members book that if you attend group then you must be weighed. You'd think that the consultant wouldn't enforce this though if she knew the member only went along to help her out!

Thanks for your response Jaylou. I'm changing my mind hourly ago the moment!
I'm surprised about the rent thing as I was lead to believe at the Ops Event that rent was deducted before commission. I will have to check with my team leader.
It has been muted that it would be a takeover rather than new group so with existing members would be a small take home as a given. But I would want this to work & grow as I would be borrowing the money from my mum.
aagh such a massive decision!

Thanks for your response Jaylou. I'm changing my mind hourly ago the moment! I'm surprised about the rent thing as I was lead to believe at the Ops Event that rent was deducted before commission. I will have to check with my team leader. It has been muted that it would be a takeover rather than new group so with existing members would be a small take home as a given. But I would want this to work & grow as I would be borrowing the money from my mum. aagh such a massive decision! ...

Tried to pm you but couldn't ?

Hi I am in the same boat as you. I went to ops event and didn't hear anything. Told my consultant who said there isn't a district manager at the moment and all covering. She spoke to her boss who cslled me when I was out and she hasn't rung bCk yet. Don't want to get my hopes up as they don't take everyone I have read all the thread and am a bit wary but still want to try as some consultants do do well. Good luck and keep us posted. X Sandra

I'm in exactly the same boat. I would have to borrow my start up capital so it would have to pay. I'm holding off for a bit until my kids r in school then I'd have time to promote and concentrate on it properly. Can any one give me some indications on how long it takes with decent promotion etc to start making a sensible income from it?

My team leader has confirmed to me that rent is payable before you take your commission. Don't know whether this is a new thing or if it varies by region. Obviously makes a big difference to your take home!

Back