A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi everyone, just wondering if you need to be a target member to become a slimming world consultant? Or what are the conditions?

Good afternoon ladies. I just wanted to say hi and and that I have been reading this diary for a few days now.. Started at the beginning and have got to about May 2013 so far. I have been for my interview and accepted as a consultant, I go for my pre training meeting on the 26th and training days in July. In excited and nervous. Having read a lot on here so far I know it's going to be a lot of hard work but have the support of my family behind me.

Hi liz1167
I had my interview on Thursday and they've told me I'll find out the start of this week!
Well done on being accepted! I've read this thread from start to finish several times and it provides a huge insight into becoming a consultant.
Did you have any issues with the credit check at all? As I think that's the only part that may hinder me!
Xx

Hi mrsd44. As far as i know no problems with the credit check (and iv not got the best credit score) think they hits check the electoral register.
Good luck though x

Hi, no you don't need to be at target but they like you to be within 2 stone of healthy weight for your height. x

Thanks ever so much Dawnydeedee, it is something I am going to consider doing. I am a full-time teacher and used to supplement my income with a part-time pub job but think I would really enjoy running my own class :)

Ooh it's so exciting just reading this! I am thinking about applying after I lose more weight. I am still too far from my target. This whole post has been so interesting and informative. What I was wondering though is should I apply whist in college and then University, or should I wait until it's finished? If people can do it with a full-time job I don't see why I shouldn't be able to while studying.

I had my interview last Monday and had the call on Thursday. Have my pre training this Thursday and day 1&2 training on 4&5th July.

Have got a venue for my groups. I'm having 2 groups and the evening one is already split. £30 for the whole day! So pleased with that

I'm taking on existing groups. But I'm changing the day and the location. Prefer the idea of taking over a group as I hope will have a few members come with me... The area iv been given hasn't had a promotion on for over a year so fingers crossed

Thanks ever so much Dawnydeedee, it is something I am going to consider doing. I am a full-time teacher and used to supplement my income with a part-time pub job but think I would really enjoy running my own class :)
I work 3 days a week in school, it is hard work with all the promotion but still early days for me yet (relaunched Easter). Good thing is that the main promotion times are bank hols which usually fall in school holidays.
I am enjoying it, still feel very much the new girl even though my group is a double session and I am also covering another group for a few weeks! x

Hey!!
So, its taken me a couple days but i've read this thread from start to finish!! A massive shout out to Rosie, the original poster. And to everyone who has given such honest opinions & advice with regards to this amazing opportunity! I've been a member of SW since Feb 2011, target member since Dec 2011 (with a few blips, cupcakes just love me!) - i've said from very early on that becoming a consultant is something i'd love to do.. And after all this time, and through all the mixed emotions i did have before - i have pre-training on Tues (24th June) & i'm off to Derby 4th/5th July for my days 1&2 training. Soooooo excited!!
i am under no illusion its going to be easy, but i do have amazing support in my family, my partner & my group. Currently, we have a relief consultant, and i'll be taking over at the end of July. "My" members all know me & have wanted me to do this for so long. I currently work weekends only, and my son will soon be starting fulltime school, so i feel now is a perfect time to take a leap.. Wish me luck!!
*anyone here from herts? training in derby 4/5 july - get in touch!* xx

Back