A diary of a slimming world consultant

Editorial written...I'm on a roll lol

God I've not even started mine :-( don't know where to start!! Xx

The letter in the pack really helped and I just went along with that advice.
I wrote it from start to finish as a local newspaper article...and in the 3rd person. I'm sure it will need lots of re-writing and tweaking but I'm not bothered...homework done lol

I haven't got my exact dates yet...they all said TBC, except I know pre-training is on tues 15th...just TBC on the time. :rolleyes:

All the the training dates were TBC...I just need to know! Hopefully on Tuesday they can tell me for definite. I just like to be totally organised...so much in my head.

Do you know if you're re launching or if you're starting a group from scratch??? I'm opening a brand new group at the start of September and my training is the weekend of the 8th August. I believe if you're relaunching it's the first weekend in August :) xxx

Do you know if you're re launching or if you're starting a group from scratch??? I'm opening a brand new group at the start of September and my training is the weekend of the 8th August. I believe if you're relaunching it's the first weekend in August :) xxx

Yes I'm relaunching two groups. My TD showed me the training dates on her iPad and relaunch was 1/2/3 August which led me to believe I was going then...but then like I say on my pack it was all TBC. I suppose it's if there is any room.

I'm going for the double franchise and whilst it's always been that I would relaunch the group I attend (double session) I did want to open a new group initially. However it was mentioned about another group, can't remember if she said double session, that is in the next village is available that I thought I would prefer that. I'm familiar with the areas and promoting both of them kind of helps with each other as the promoting areas can coincide.

So that's where I am at. Shame we won't meet :( but I wish you the very best and keep us posted what's going on. Xxx

(Still no idea what time I have to attend pre-training!)

It's all getting exciting isn't it :)

I have written my editorial, planned a lot of my leafleting using google maps and Royal Mail website as someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

Set about trying to open a new account but the website was under maintenance! I am in the process of organising childminders and help for my leafleting. I may visit my group Thursday buuuuut not sure as I won't have signed contract by then so it won't be official yet x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You are on a roll Tina...great! Miss Organised :D

I'm as organised as I can be but I need to sign my contract in front of a witness which is no easy feat as I won't be seeing anyone before Tuesday unless I grab a random stranger! :confused:

Also the community events I need to apparently have info for are non-existent in my town it seems. Literally not one event going on. So not sure what to do in that instance or what I can suggest. August is a strange time...schools are out, fetes and fairs have been and gone...everyone is on holiday!

Luckily I know all the streets where I'm going to leaflet...I probably have more streets and houses that I do leaflets. I've roped my daughter into it and she has got friends who will help her. Not sure if money has to exchange hands...hmmm. My elder son will also do it so I've able, if not very willing, helpers to hand.

And it's Monday tomorrow...and I still don't have a time for pre-training on Tues. Not that I'm stressing lol

You all set for pretraining jo? Mine is on Thursday eve. Haven't had any paper work through yet though! Have you found someone to witness your signature? What about your c or someone from your group? X

You all set for pretraining jo? Mine is on Thursday eve. Haven't had any paper work through yet though! Have you found someone to witness your signature? What about your c or someone from your group? X

Hi Tina...I'm all set and good to go.

I eventually managed to find out it's 6pm so that's fine, drop kids at my mums on the way to the hotel. It's supposed to be a few hours so looks like it's a late one getting home as it's a good 30 minute journey away too.

I managed to get one of the mums in the playground to witness my signature so that's sorted.

Fingers crossed your paperwork comes tomorrow. I got mine Saturday. It's not giving you much time to sort out the checklist before your pre training!?!?!?

Open a bank account.
Contracts signed and witnessed
Editorial
local newspaper/magazines
community events list
2 cheques

Think that's it. So apart from the contracts you could sort out the rest I guess. I'm sure it will be there tomorrow xxx

Still no answer yet this waiting is killing me day 7 today hopefully today is the day although they did say 7/10 days . Anybody else have to wait this long ?

Hi Allison. Your doing good. Think I would have gone crazy by now. I'm sure it's just because your in Ireland that it's taking longer xx

I'm sure you will hear soon Allison. Like Tina says it could be you are in Ireland.

My TD/consultant told me the next day at my usual weigh in...although they had said 4 days. The pack came in the post saying I had been accepted/welcome etc on the Saturday. So if I hadn't seen my consultant I'm not sure if I wouldn't have known until I received my pack.

It it might all come down to how busy each district is and when things are sent off etc...
Hold fire...even though it's nerve racking I'm sure you will know imminently xx

Hi all, I love reading this thread! Congratulations to all of you who are going through the process of becoming a consultant. I'm going to an opportunity event next week and can't wait, what can I expect to happen? X

I got my pack today so am getting all organised ready for pretraining. Hope you enjoyed your pretraining jo. I'm guessing you have just finished.

Rosie-ops is soooo much info to take in so make lots of notes. If you can read this thread before then you will be well informed. I went to two ops events before I took the plunge but I knew I wanted to after the first. It just wasn't the right time. Which area are you in? X

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a note pad with me ;-) I'm based in South Yorkshire, my only concern is the prices going up in October I would like to try and get in before then if I'm successful. X

Yeah I know that at my ops event they said the next one they do will be the more expensive franchise. But tbh even if it has gone up it's still a good investment. Just harder to find the money in the first place. Good luck xx

Well ladies...

Pre-training certainly gives you a heads up for what's to come! Wow I'm exhausted :eek:
Its like before you give birth...you are all excited and can't wait and everyone is saying slow down, enjoy your freedom! Yes well it's like that :D (If you have children that is)

You will come away with a humongous amount of paperwork to read and do and your head in a whirl. It's everything you have read on here and you might well be thinking 'what have I done?' Haha.
It's all good...it will fall into place...it's just a few full on months of living and breathing SW for sure.

Its a heavy box you get and you have to take quite a bit of it to training...luckily I enjoy reading. Away we go....

Good luck Tina...definitely get ideas for an editorial...there is a lot of focus on that.

Hi Rosierose...definitely read this thread. And read it again. I found it invaluable mainly for reading both sides of the coin. At the op event just be yourself but they are observing you straight away. Everything they say is on here and they don't make it out to be all roses...it's pretty honest what they tell you. Hope you enjoy it x

Back