A diary of a slimming world consultant

Thanks for the info I'll read the whole thread again to get clued up on what to expect. X

Hi rosierose you will find the ops event very informative and they ask you at end if you still think it's for you and give them your details they then ring you for a pre interview on phone and make arangememts to meet for interview . Let us know how u get on .

On another note day 8 today still not heard anything back from interview my stomach in knots . will today be the day I wonder just need to know either way .

Hope you get to hear soon, that's a long time to be waiting, fingers crossed today is the day.

Thanks do you know how quick interviews usually are from saying you'd like to do ahead? I fly out to get married in Greece 4 days after the ops event.

Hope you get to hear soon, that's a long time to be waiting, fingers crossed today is the day.

Thanks do you know how quick interviews usually are from saying you'd like to do ahead? I fly out to get married in Greece 4 days after the ops event.

It depends on your area but they do interviews all the time so they will fit u in either before or after your hols don't worry . Oh and congrats on your wedding u must be so excited and prob have enough planning going on in ur head at mo good luck with everything and keep us all posted

Thanks yes I've got lots on at the minute with wedding planning and I have a one year old and a two year old too that keep me busy. I have wanted to do this since January and enquired in February and wasn't getting a reply from anyone and got to find out the date yesterday so I'm not putting it off any longer now x

Thanks yes I've got lots on at the minute with wedding planning and I have a one year old and a two year old too that keep me busy. I have wanted to do this since January and enquired in February and wasn't getting a reply from anyone and got to find out the date yesterday so I'm not putting it off any longer now x

Your are a busy women but this could be good for you work around kids . I to waiting from January as wanted to get my weight down a bit more before I started and then change of mamagement in my area so delayed even more so bursting to get going now

Hi Again ladies,

Congrats to all who have since been accepted! Jo you seem so pumped for it! I can't wait until I'm at that stage, roll on October for interview time!!

I waited a week and then contacted the lady who interviewed me!! Turns out she had been trying to call me all week but the number wasn't right....xx

May be worth calling them Allison. I am now at my pre training. Just waiting in the bar for them to come get me. Stomach is in knots. I haven't met my DM yet as she was on holiday for interviews!! Luckily my TD is a member in my group I go to so trying to focus on the fact that she is there to calm me down lol!

Hope you hear soon Allison xx

Hi Again ladies,

Congrats to all who have since been accepted! Jo you seem so pumped for it! I can't wait until I'm at that stage, roll on October for interview time!!

Hmmm not sure pumped for it is the right feeling exactly :D
Trust me...the gigantic box of files, folders and paperwork will get your head in a spin! And that's just from pre-training...

I'm just feeling overwhelmed right now as alongside all this SW stuff I'm moving house the day before training, missing my mums and youngest sons birthdays due to training, trying to organise birthday presents etc (4 children born august) and all the promotion during August means missing some of those birthdays too.
I have to try and read through the Secrets of Success manuals and do 3 diplomas before training as well as pack up and organise all this house moving...renting a van and doing it myself! It's mind boggling.
On top of that my son broke his arm whilst at the op event and I've had hospital appointments to deal with and every appointment has fell or will be on SW or moving days lol...He might even need an operation yet...fingers crossed he won't!
Also...a meeting on Sunday and then going to mY TD groups on Monday to observe...all a distance away :cry:

I guess what what I'm trying to say is...although I don't work, I have other things that are going on from having a family etc.
i can't imagine if I had to work as well! For a good few months SW will take over your life until things settle down into a flow.

I will relaunch my first group end of August and then my second group is relaunching October...so it will be another round of promotion end of Sept/Oct.

A few weeks peace I hope before the Christmas/New Year promotions...

Mind you I did expect this...everyone said so in the thread and they were totally right. But it will all come together eventually...setting any business up is stressful and tiring and very time consuming. Once those pounds start dropping off your members then you know it will all be worth it.

About half way through training I felt quite overwhelmed too. But by the end I was just buzzing. I'm so excited but know I have a lot of work ages of me!! Two weeks time we will have done day 1!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Are you going to training on 1/2/3 August Tina?

ok I've gone back and seen that you are! Yay...I hope I get to see you. Have you booked accommodation yet?
Im still undecided what to do. I've done a route map and it's now saying about 1hour 15mins travelling for me.

For: Being able to mix with others in the evenings, no travelling and being relaxed.

Against: missing my sons birthday, cost of hotel, travelling, not being part of the 'group'

I hope I'm not the only one there not at target...will feel a right plum otherwise. :eek:

Last edited:
Haha you're here! Lol

Yes that's when I'm going.

Allison...have you heard yet?

I've got SW to book me into the Derbyshire. I'm excited! Although got so much I want to do before that. I'm going to the district meeting tomorrow. Looking forward to that too :) how you getting on? Feeling any less overwhelmed yet? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gosh you are organised! I'm still faffing about haha I looked online and the Derbyshire would be £104 for two nights...do SW get much discount? Days Inn was £68 for 2 nights which was slightly further away and apparently difficult to find. But it's a big difference price wise.

I'm going to the district meeting tomorrow too...

I haven't touched my pre training goody box since just after pre-training. Read through some of it and decided to just take a break from it. Once I've got my consultant code and can do the diplomas then I will read the manuals and do it all at the same time. Everything I've read so far is focused heavily on advertising.

I think I'm overwhelmed with a myriad of things at the moment. SW stuff is only a fraction of what I have going around in my head. House move is my priority at the minute...and hospital appointments.

Last edited:
I know that the Derbyshire is bed and breakfast when booked through SlimmingWorld.
When I compared prices with the closest premier inn it was about the same but best to check with your DM.
Yeah, its a fine balancing act hey? x

Back