A diary of one girls struggle to change

Well, last night I had my dinner - champ (mash & scallions) 2 quorn sausages and mushy peas, yum - then I had some quark with strawberries and sweetener for dessert. I then got stuck in to an assignment which is a bit overdue, I worked solid on it all night until bedtime - and then realised - I hadn't eaten a thing all night (just drank the occasional glass of water) and I didn't even think about food!! Whereas normally I am in and out of the kitchen looking for something every half hour - Score!

Just goes to show - if you are properly occupied, there is no reason to eat when you are not hungry IE = overeating is done out of pure boredom!

So another helpful strategy in the quest to develop life-long eating habits is: the devil makes work for idle thumbs - so keep yourself occupied!

Pinky! I found you! i'm loving your diary.. and WOW congrats on the job AND the 2lb loss. You are doing amazing and you will get to target! Just keep your eye on the goal, and whenever it wanders, give me a shout i'll smack you over the head and bring you back to reality!

But on a serious note, you can and will do this and your doing great so far. We all fall down sometimes, whats important is that you recognise this and pick yourself straight back up!

awww, fanx peri for your support :) shall let you know when head-smaks are required!! lol xxx

so you are a psychic medium? fascinating... I've seen a few in my time, most just seemed to throw names and general statements out there to see if I caught on to any of them, but two of them [one was in glasgow actually] really got one or two things spot on that they could have no way guessed in a million years - really made me think twice about it all. My beliefs waver on the subject to be honest! I guess I don't like to think that spirits of those past on are hanging around us - kind of like watching in on you - its freaky!

Yep, have been since i was 14 (or thats when i developed it anyway :p), i'm still not "fully trained" though, it's not often i pick names out, sometimes i can give a name but for the most part i can usually describe them or pick out a message but nothing very solid. My dad never used to belief until i "saw" a woman, a figure who'd been in my room years, and she told me her name was Margaret Ellen Smith and died in my house in the 1870's and she said it "wasn't their fault, it was an accident", i thought it was a dream to start with then we checked records and stuff and found a woman by by that name did die in our house, she fell down the cellar steps in 1878 and a bloke was convicted for her murder. Even found her grave stone in the cemetery since then. I scare people frequently cos i just walk in somewhere and can tell its haunted even if i can't pick out who by. I do enjoy it, would love to one day become a fully fledged psychic medium.

Well done on the 2lb loss too, hope you do as good this week :)

Yep, have been since i was 14 (or thats when i developed it anyway :p), i'm still not "fully trained" though, it's not often i pick names out, sometimes i can give a name but for the most part i can usually describe them or pick out a message but nothing very solid. My dad never used to belief until i "saw" a woman, a figure who'd been in my room years, and she told me her name was Margaret Ellen Smith and died in my house in the 1870's and she said it "wasn't their fault, it was an accident", i thought it was a dream to start with then we checked records and stuff and found a woman by by that name did die in our house, she fell down the cellar steps in 1878 and a bloke was convicted for her murder. Even found her grave stone in the cemetery since then. I scare people frequently cos i just walk in somewhere and can tell its haunted even if i can't pick out who by. I do enjoy it, would love to one day become a fully fledged psychic medium.

Well done on the 2lb loss too, hope you do as good this week :)
Oh I'd love you to come to my house.. I'm CONVINCED there's someone there...
Only bought it in December but its an old house (not old old, built in the early 50's) and there's defo something going on in it...
Pity the ppl that ever buy my family home.. There's all sorts going on in there ha

omg thats jus scary! What kinda things if you dont mind me asking dubchick?
Ah just little things.. We didn't even notice them TBH but when friends would stay over they'd hear someone walking up n down the stairs. Or doors opening n closing... No objects flying across the room or anything...
Or I'd often get a really smell of cigarette smoke in my bedroom when all the windows n doors would be closed...
I've been to see a number of mediums tho and have been told by each that my Mam gives me obvious signs that she's with me and I think that's it...
A couple of people from my family have died in my house over the years tho.. And it's been linked back to them..
My great Grandad original owned our house, then it passed to my Grandmother and then my Dad.. So its always only been in our family so it doesn't creep me out.. But I can understand others freaking out... ha

i think id wet my pants. but im a wimp. I couldnt sleep for 4 weeks after watching paranormal activity lol
I think its different when its family tho... Like, the spirits are thought to be my Mam (as I said) and my Great Grandfather..
If anything like that was happening in someone else's house I'd pee myself and he outta there quicker than the speed of light...
And maybe as well coz its always been like that in the house all through growing up.. So it was "normal"
But we never hear the noises.. Its like, you don't hear every creek in yer house at night.....

My Great Grandfather, my Great Uncle, my sister and my Mam have died in my house

I'd love to come round Dubchick, i love it :p My friend asked me round her's once cos her daughter kept playing with 2 imaginary kids, and her credit card and money kept going missing from one part of the house and turning up somewhere else. I remember walking in and automatically thinking theres 3 kids in here not just one, i straight away picked up 2 other kids, can't remember the names now, i only managed to get one first name, there still there from what i know, but i remember spending the 6 months after looking trying to find out who there were, did discover her house was built where an old hostel/childrens dumping ground type thing used to be in the 20's though which was interesting.

Peri I used to be petrified of ghosts up til the age of 12 or so.

I'd love to come round Dubchick, i love it :p My friend asked me round her's once cos her daughter kept playing with 2 imaginary kids, and her credit card and money kept going missing from one part of the house and turning up somewhere else. I remember walking in and automatically thinking theres 3 kids in here not just one, i straight away picked up 2 other kids, can't remember the names now, i only managed to get one first name, there still there from what i know, but i remember spending the 6 months after looking trying to find out who there were, did discover her house was built where an old hostel/childrens dumping ground type thing used to be in the 20's though which was interesting.

Peri I used to be petrified of ghosts up til the age of 12 or so.
Next time yer in Dublin ;) lol

hehe :p

Back