A Dukan newbie..

seashore

Hi all, I have started this today. I did Atkins last year and lost 2 stone, though I've put a stone back on in recent times through sheer laziness etc.

Am going to do this for 3-6 months. Breakfast this morning was some low fat natural yoghurt with 3 tbspns oatbran. My goal is to loose 2.5 stone and keep it off. I'm bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding next year and dont' want to the "fat one".

I was reading through some of the other threads here and its great to see people doing so well on this. :)

Hello Seashore

I'm new too! :)

I started Dukan last Sunday, and have lost 4lbs so far. And while that's great, what is really surprising me is how easy it is, and how good I feel.

It's still early days, but since it doesn't actually feel like I am dieting, I'm pretty optimistic that I can reach and maintain my goal weight. :D

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Dukanette x

P.S. - I had a KILLER headache on day two. But now I feel pretty spectacular. Power through it!

Hi Seashore,

You need to keep your oat bran to 1 1/2 tbsps per day whilst on Attack. Anymore may take you out of ketosis. You can make galettes from the oatbran, too - they're yummy! Recipe on here or in book. I'm pretty sure the yoghurt needs to be fat free - not low fat. I have been using onken fat free vanilla and muller light vanilla or toffee as these are all fat free. Fromage frais with sweetener in is quite tasty too.

The guys on here have really helped me with any questions I've had. Good luck!! x

hey and welcome seashaw and dukanette :) and nice to see you here caz missed you!!!!
Yes Caz says only 1 1/2 tbsps on oat bran to start !!!
Yes wait for the ketosis headache but trust me its worth it - its telling you that your body is stopping to burn carbs and will be burning fat!!!!
Will be pleased to see your progress x

Thanks for the support, will be logging in regularly. Found today to be fine, had ham & tuna for lunch and wasn't even hungry when I got to have my dinner of a chicken breast (just roasted in oven) and a burger (95% meat) cooked in the grill pan in oven as well. I feel stuffed now. Have been drinking Coke Zero & have 1.75l of water drank as well. Thanks for the tips re: the oatbran.

Back