A failure to success - now includes motivational wall! Pg4 for pics

I have had one of those little bottles of roses, went far too quickly but at least there is no more! (approx 6.5 syns) a malteser bunny (8) love them!

Dont know if you saw my post in the main forum but I had chicken chow mein, my fav, and got home, weighted it and its 7 syns for 380g serving, this was just over 700g!!! 14 syns!! Well worth it, very yummy so altogther tonight was 28.5 syns but worth everyone. As I said before, dont tend to use syns during the week I know that this isnt a blow out, as I wont be needing them for the rest of the week if that makes sence.

I find looking at "fat" pics makes me feel worse so by looking at skinny ones it makes me know what im aiming for and positive rather than negative. I was within 7lbs of target for around 6-8 months so brought some gorgeous dresses, including some expensive ones so didnt want to throw them out as I always planned on getting back there. I also have two wardrobes one of which I never look in ;) haha.

Tip from today - weigh your take out!!

You do look stunning in that photo. Hope I can achieve as much.
I have the same problem at work with people passing round the chocs given by the students. I keep saying no but one of the other technicians seems to make it her mission in life to get me to eat it instead of her. I think her principal is better on your hips than mine. :mad:

I have found it better this week, but I know it sounds silly but I am always trying to have food on my, yogs or bananas etc to go "im eating this just now, then ill see" kinda thing. its complete lying but it might work. I found going to the loo on tuesday worked well cuz i missed the first offering! Hope you find a strategy to cope x

To be honest I told them straight in the staff room, I'm trying to be good. I have a holiday in March with my hubby and no kids so I really want to look a lot leaner. Plus we are going to Cyprus in August for my cousins wedding and I refuse to be the fat one anymore.

You go girl!(?)! lol If you have read the whole of my diary (unlikely i dont mind as i do twitter on!) I havent told them Im on a diet and I want to try and keep it that way. You stay strong and dont let them encourage you to cave and you will succeed :D x

To be honest I haven't told them I'm on a diet. They just think I'm doing some healthy eating kick, cos its just after the hols. They haven't noticed that I snack a lot less in the office, plus my drawer has low cal sweeties and no dried fruit now. Loved dried fruit but I never realised how many syns they are for so little, and I thought I was being good.

Yeah, dried fruit and nuts are really shocking! But its the idea that you can eat alot more of it and so its got syns on it for that reason. Sounds like your doing the right thing. Because I only started in jan they dont know that I act any differently so I'm lucky so far. They just put up with me being "odd" and bring homemade lunchs which they seem to think I spend hours doing... I dont have the time! I realise they have kids but with my driving I swear I have less time I jsut try to use it sensibly :) dont ya hate people who intervien!

Not half, sometimes the temptation to say something rude does pop up, but deep breath and continue. I swear some of them are worse than the students, I work at a university, and thats hard going seriously.

At least I don't have to deal with the "it must take you hours to make homemade" comments. I always have brought in my own stuff. Pretty soon they will get used to you making your own, plus you can always tell them if you eat too much chocolate it makes you unwell. A mate of mine swears by that one where she works.

Haha! If I eat too much chocolate I feel ill but I dont think it makes me ill!! I took in tub of pasta with bit of salad one day and got told it looked too healthy... i honestly couldnt win unless I sat there eating maccy ds everyday!

I was begining to think that it was my dept who just liked to moan about anything and everything (only lady moaned about cutting up some paper other day...) but it appears I am not alone! I do believe that the reason they are so negative towards me is because they do not want me to succeed in areas in which they have failed, I realise this makes me sound snobby like I have something they dont but why else would people be so rude sometimes about stuff which you would not expect?! Its mad!

Boys back now, he went to pizza hut - REALLY glad I didnt go or that would have blown it and loved my chinese.

I know what you mean about the feeling of them not wanting you to succeed. The really funny thing is when some of them, especially one goes on about going on a diet, and expects everyone to "pander and help" them to achieve it. I'm sorry but I have been encouraging during those times and you expect me now to keep pepping you up when all you want is to bring me down. Don't think so.

Funny thing is my daughter keeps wanting me to take her to pizza hut for dinner, she's 10 and loves going out for meals, she hasn't quite grasped the fact that mummy and daddy are trying to eat more healthily (I try not to use the diet word around my kids too much, I want them to see healthy eating is not just because you want to lose weight, but because its the right thing to do) so we have trotted out the old we're on a budget scenario. We will take her out next month I think. I will see how it goes and use it as a treat for the family.

Well off to get weighed, 1st one for this attempt, which will be successful!!!!! I hope

So its sunday, day of rest - my arse! Totm kicking in really bad round middle of asda GREAT! Then got home and went to sleep. Got tons to do grrr.

While out decided I fancied wraps, knew asda did some wholewheat ones for 4.5 syns but got there and couldnt find any! Rubbish I thought - how about some pittas instead. So I had two pittas at 7 syns each, and some salad and chicken, absolutely gorgeous! Wanted to save my B for a roll this afternoon when we are finally having burgers!! Now ive realised its star week im unlikely to get my 2.5lbs but im going to try. Taking pasta for lunch tomorrow as I have hw lunch club on, and last week didnt get enough time to eat properlly so at least I can eat and talk - although not literally together thats just bad mannered! Then Tommy soup rest of the week :)

All I wish is I had time and energy to exercise. I am really hoping to be no where near as tired this week or ill have to get the SF red bull out! Then I may have an odd evening where i dont have my head attached to a pillow. Here goes the rest of the week, 4 days to WI, 18.5 syns (what am I going to spend them on?!) and lets hope I get paid soon or I will be far to skint :)

My wife is a teaching assistant , from some of the things she tells me that happen in her school i'm shock we have any teachers left ! Nikki come back stressed most days and she only work half the day. Anyway good luck with the diet, i'm sure you'll be back to your winning ways and be on the cover again.

My wife is a teaching assistant , from some of the things she tells me that happen in her school i'm shock we have any teachers left ! Nikki come back stressed most days and she only work half the day. Anyway good luck with the diet, i'm sure you'll be back to your winning ways and be on the cover again.

Haha! Dont think they will want be on the cover again, but it means when im older I have something to show the kids and when I become a consultant I can go - I am a success TWICE!! lol

TA's do get a really tough deal, my mom is an lsa and they seem to get dumped with everything teachers dont want. I hope I am not like this!! I like to think im a caring and helpful/supportive teacher. Time will tell. I have only been doing it a year but my training was really bad, saw shocking excuses for teachers. I hope that I can go out there and be a good teacher ... and change the world bla bla bla. Well I can try :) Thanks for the supportive comments, pop back time to time, ill keep my sig updated and you can see how im getting on x

Well good luck with the diet and teaching don't give up on either, we need good teachers but you have an up hill battle i do hope you have found a good school to work at.

Hey Kirsty,

I've really enjoyed reading your diary! its funny I have a lot in common with your situation, I am back with Slimming World again after doing really well (not as well as you..I didnt make the magazine but got woman of the year award!!) the first time, then putting it all back on minus 4 pounds in my last year of uni. Also I'm starting my PGCE in September (Primary- I dont know how anyone could handle secondary!!) so I'm preparing myself for slimming throughout the stress!! Theres enough temptation as it is just at the school where I volunteer twice a week! (What is it with teachers and biscuits?! haha!)

Anyway...I had to rejoin AGAIN after running out of holiday over Christmas (missed 4 weeks! eep!) so I'm thinking of this as a new start, gained 6lb over the holidays and first weigh in again is tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss! (although its my star week! argghhhh!!)

Keep up the diary! I really think writing everything down helps massively!

Good luck!

Lana :)

HI! Hope your Monday wasnt too depressing! I always Monday so hard to get into!! It also seems sooooo long till the next weekend! Had my first weigh in today and lost 4 1/2 pound!! woohooo!! hopefully I can keep it up and continue to do well!

Cant believe its been 4 days since I was here. My monday and tuesdays are very busy and stressful, had one lad trying to harm himself because I moved him seats! Teaching is so much fun.

Anyways, I have avoided birthday cake and biscuits, starting to think every tuesday before the meeting im going to go to the loo and miss the first offerings as then they never ask again!

And how did I do this week? I lose 2.5lbs!! Im amazed. Its star week, and felt so bloated, and heavy. That makes 7lbs in two weeks :D:D Cant quite believe it, never thought I would do so well so I am celebrating with one syned glass of red wine which will help marking 15 exam papers much more interesting. Got curry in the slow cooker, just waiting for the rice to cook and then I have lots of interesting/boring things to plan for tomorrow. Only once this week have I been awake after 8pm! So to all the people above who I have not personally replied to, I will tomorrow :) *well done me* xxx

Hey Kirsty,

I've really enjoyed reading your diary! its funny I have a lot in common with your situation, I am back with Slimming World again after doing really well (not as well as you..I didnt make the magazine but got woman of the year award!!) the first time, then putting it all back on minus 4 pounds in my last year of uni. Also I'm starting my PGCE in September (Primary- I dont know how anyone could handle secondary!!) so I'm preparing myself for slimming throughout the stress!! Theres enough temptation as it is just at the school where I volunteer twice a week! (What is it with teachers and biscuits?! haha!)

Anyway...I had to rejoin AGAIN after running out of holiday over Christmas (missed 4 weeks! eep!) so I'm thinking of this as a new start, gained 6lb over the holidays and first weigh in again is tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss! (although its my star week! argghhhh!!)

Keep up the diary! I really think writing everything down helps massively!

Good luck!

Lana :)

Haha sounds like your repeating my diary ;) I prefer doing the maths side as Im a bit mad and like that side, and I think your brave for doing primary!! But good luck, training is a stressful year but you need to be organised, and doing things like soup these last few weeks has helped me LOADS as I then dont eat school meals/pasta pots which are full of syns! Teachers seem very odd about chocolate, its as if they cant cope without it!! Everying involves sugar. Let me know how you get on, and if in sept you ever need a "You can do this, you will get through this, everyone has a bad day, come on woman!! it will get better" then you know where to come ;) xxx

HI! Hope your Monday wasnt too depressing! I always Monday so hard to get into!! It also seems sooooo long till the next weekend! Had my first weigh in today and lost 4 1/2 pound!! woohooo!! hopefully I can keep it up and continue to do well!

Monday was soooo long! * week started bad on sunday so got nothing done and felt like rubbish which meant I had loads to catch up on monday morning, then on tuesday I have my worst group evern :(
Well done witht he 4 1/2 pounds!! Matching me so far ;) Keep it up hunny, you can do it!x

I had a very deserved glass of wine last night after a long week! Oooh it felt good! Diet and wine?! How does that work!! Bf has left me again, and someone/thing has just knocked on the door and I went to answer it and no one was there! So now im really really scared, dont like being on my own! Good job I have hear and fb to try and distract me.

Anyways, made sweet and sour stir fry, used a jar as it actually worked out similar syns as the one I make and was very yummy! Brought one of those mini bottle of wines from m&s so having a lovely saturday evening on my own :( and no I am not an alcoholic - im a teacher! Oh yeah I forgot, they do together so well! Hehe.

BTW, had my hair cut... See pics below. Im loving it so far, opinions?

oldhair.jpg

Before - Needs washing really badly but didnt see the point when I going have it cut! As you can see, loooooong and old side fringe grown out zonks ago.

newhair.jpg

After - based on a pic of Emma Stone I saw in heat mag this week, loved her blond look! Going to have some foils next sat, to lighted up the roots a little although Im worried I look like a 5 year old. I also brought some more foundation this week, managed to run out and its amazing how a little camouflarge and a new do can do for your confidence! Oh and a 7lb weight loss ;) x

Last edited:
Hey!

Love the hair - suits you, you look really pretty.

Well done on your progress so far, keep up the good work! I also lost quite a bit of weight (about 2 stone) 3 years ago, not on SW but just eating healthily / smaller portions. But have gradually put it all back on since. I tried SW for the first time a few months before christmas, but had loads of stuff going on in my life so didnt really get anywhere. Now I am trying again, but heopfully more sucessfully!

Anyway, good luck to you!

Em x

Back