A few days early.

goldylocks

I decided to start re-feed yesterday as the 1st wedding is on sat so didn't think that if i started re-feed on wed as planned that it would give my body time to adjust to food. It was very exciting, and nice to sit around the dinner table with the family again. I had a 5oz chicken breast with a bit of pepper and a small salad. It was on a side plate so it wasn't a massive amount but i couldn't finish it. :eek: It was LOVELY tho.. lots of flavours! I was send some maintanace samples in the post so today I tried the maintainance bar for breakfast and i quite liked it for the first few mouthfuls, but by the end couldnt eat it and had to throw the last bit away. Don't think i'll be getting those. For lunch today i had some tuna and a small salad and really enjoyed chewing. Tuna had loads of flavour, more than i remember it having!! Tonight i'm having a chicken breast with some steamed veg.
The only downside is i am SO shattered today. Don't know if its because of refeeding or what but could sleep for the rest of the afternoon if it want for having kids xx

I to started refeed yesterday ready for holiday next week. Have u had any probs with your tummy as mine is a little upset after food? X

Yeah i have too, not upset but like a crampy uncomfortable feeling but it seems to pass quite quickly.

Happy day folks, happy folks:D

Well done on getting to refeed. You will feel bloated and uncomfortable for a day or two. Tummy has to get used to processing solid food again.
Enjoy all the flavours. Keep portion sizes small.

dolphin10 said:
Portion sizes should be as recommended by lipotrim?

Yep, but I weighed everything initially to ensure. 3 Oz of something is actually quite small. Some of us will still visualise portions with pre diet eyes iykwim. I know any weeks I start to put on weight again it is down to letting portions get too generous IMHO.

I've definately learned on TFR that we dont need as much as i thought we did to stay alive!! And i have been amazed at how little i am eating to be feeling full. I seem to eat slower as well as there is less on the plate and i want it to last as long as everyone elses dinners around the table.
I have the paul mckenna 'I can make you slim' programme and its definately something i am going to work with as its making a WHOLE lot of sense! I've also learned it will not ruin my day if i have to turn down a sweet treat i fancy ;)

goldylocks said:
I've definately learned on TFR that we dont need as much as i thought we did to stay alive!! And i have been amazed at how little i am eating to be feeling full. I seem to eat slower as well as there is less on the plate and i want it to last as long as everyone elses dinners around the table.
I have the paul mckenna 'I can make you slim' programme and its definately something i am going to work with as its making a WHOLE lot of sense! I've also learned it will not ruin my day if i have to turn down a sweet treat i fancy ;)

Wow what a fab positive attitude to your eating. I couldn't agree more. You are so right. We should only eat to live not live to eat. We really have to get our heads around the fact that eating and drinking are not required to enjoy ourselves. We can have just as much fun with less.

Yep, but I weighed everything initially to ensure. 3 Oz of something is actually quite small. Some of us will still visualise portions with pre diet eyes iykwim. I know any weeks I start to put on weight again it is down to letting portions get too generous IMHO.

Thanks. I will definitely keep an eye on portion sizes to maintain my weight.
More and more it is looking like I should be counting calories and weighing everything when maintaining. Perhaps I should also join Weight Watchers to get some ideas about counting although it has never worked for me in the past.:D

It only takes a few weeks of careful monitoring to get your head around the portion sizes of the foods you eat. So it won't become a huge issue for you. Myfitnesspal is a good site for tracking cals and nutrients. When counting cals it is too easy to use them for all the naughty stuff so that's why it's good to bear in mind the nutritional value of your intake. I adopt an 80/20 rule. I allow for 20% treats now and again. If I have a few weeks of slacking I accept there will be a gain but will address that over the following few weeks. Over the last 18 months I've only had gains when I've planned them iykwim! I follow glycemic load principles. This means I try to keep blood sugar levels stable through the day. You do this by avoiding or limiting White carbs such as bread potato pasta and rice. It works really well for me.

It only takes a few weeks of careful monitoring to get your head around the portion sizes of the foods you eat. So it won't become a huge issue for you. Myfitnesspal is a good site for tracking cals and nutrients. When counting cals it is too easy to use them for all the naughty stuff so that's why it's good to bear in mind the nutritional value of your intake. I adopt an 80/20 rule. I allow for 20% treats now and again. If I have a few weeks of slacking I accept there will be a gain but will address that over the following few weeks. Over the last 18 months I've only had gains when I've planned them iykwim! I follow glycemic load principles. This means I try to keep blood sugar levels stable through the day. You do this by avoiding or limiting White carbs such as bread potato pasta and rice. It works really well for me.

Thank you, the above comments are really useful:D

myfitnesspal

Thank you for mentioning myfitnesspal site, on googling I found it.
I've become a member now and I will use it when I start maintaining:D

Last edited:
dolphin10 said:
Thank you for mentioning myfitnesspal site, on googling I found it.
I've become a member now and I will use it when I start maintaining:D

I use it too and have the app on my iphone it's fab :) x

Back