A few observations.....

SandraB

Gold Member
As the rest of you will have noticed I spend quite a lot of time on here! I find that it's really helped me over the past three weeks and I feel like I've made some lovely friends so thank you all for that!

Just a couple of observations.....have you noticed that the ladies who have posted their photo to their profile are stunningly pretty? I'm talking to YOU, Daisy, Emma, Missy and Kerry in particular (as they are the ones that immediately spring to mind!) from their beautiful faces alone no-one would guess that they had a weight problem so when you guys are at target weight imagine how stunning you are going to look?

Also, I've been worried that I wasn't drinking enough water...silly me, I just
poured my usual coffee mugs worth of water into a jug and noticed that four such cups equal 1 litre of water! So I've been having an extra litre every day without realising it!

Finally, isn't it funny how we are all quite happy to share our intimate personal 'moments' like totm and our toilet habits with what amounts to total strangers? Imagine getting chatting to someone, say, at a bus stop and
divulging that you had the most enormous poo that morning! You just wouldn't do it would you? Yet on here we happily share every intimacy going, why is that I wonder?

Answers on a postcard.........

nice post sandra! something to think about!...im sure the old lady on the bus beside me today on the way to work would have loved to have had to listen to a 20 minute detailed explanation of my bowel movements ha!shed run a mile!.. it is interesting but i guess because we are all in this together we sort of bond.....ahhhh i feel a group hug coming along! :) x

Bells, I know! I wouldn't even discuss my bowel movements with my OH usually but on here anything goes! The only other time that I've experienced something similar is sharing a chalet whilst on a skiing holiday, for some reason altitude and loads of exercise really get you 'moving' and not just down the slope. Try getting out of an all-in-one ski suit when you've got the runs.....:eek:

anything goes on here hahhaaaa its funny isnt it??

good post SandraB
xx

LMAO, it's funny isn't it :) I think it's because we're all in the same boat that we're happy to discuss such intimacies, and check that what's going on is 'normal' :)

xx

Sometimes, it reminds me of the chat in the changing rooms after a match or at the gym. We are all in pursuit of a common goal i.e. to lose weight and as they say sharing is caring!!!

You look pretty HOT yourself there Sandra! Hope you feeling better today huni xxx

You look pretty HOT yourself there Sandra! Hope you feeling better today huni xxx

Thanks but my photo is nearly 20 years old!! Feeling ok today I think! Had a decent nights sleep and dosed up on meds! Catching up on here and FB and then going to head for the gym, trying to get back into going every other day as don't want to have baggy skin at the end of this! Saw an amazing programme on Living channel last night where this young girl had to have a full body lift and breast implants after losing 8 stone! She was only in her early 20's and whilst she had lost twice as much as I need to lose I was horrified at what it had done to her skin! I guess that whilst we're on LT we're so concerned at losing the weight that we don't give too much thought
as to what we're actually going to look like at the end of it! I've got a little roll on my tummy following my hysterectomy but as I was only about 10 1/2 stone when I had it done the scar is very, very thin and faint.

Might start a new thread on maintenance to see how people are coping with their bodies when they reach target....

that sounds like a good idea,, its constantly in the back of my mind and i dont want to get there and not be happy!,,, so a post on it would be good!x

Catching up on here and FB and then going to head for the gym, trying to get back into going every other day as don't want to have baggy skin at the end of this! Saw an amazing programme on Living channel last night where this young girl had to have a full body lift and breast implants after losing 8 stone! She was only in her early 20's and whilst she had lost twice as much as I need to lose I was horrified at what it had done to her skin! I guess that whilst we're on LT we're so concerned at losing the weight that we don't give too much thought
as to what we're actually going to look like at the end of it! I've got a little roll on my tummy following my hysterectomy but as I was only about 10 1/2 stone when I had it done the scar is very, very thin and faint.

I love this forum and it's been a godsend to me. Love checking up how everyone's doing and it gives me the determination and motivation to do this and know were all in the same boat.

I've been watching my body change and have been thinking about the lose skin thing! The areas i'm concerned with are my tummy and boobs. It's great I no longer have a belly, think i'll always have a bit of lose skin around tummy due to three children. Been massaging in cocoa butter, don't know if it'll work, but anythings worth a try. My boobs are disappearing though, which i'm not too happy about. They look great in a bra, down to a 36D now, but feel a bit self conscious without, they just seem like empty bags of skin. Hoping for a lottery win to sort them out!:rolleyes:

Emma x

yeah that is what im most worried about.. i get so many compliments on my boobs 36e but theyre already pointing down i dont want saggy boobs,, im only 19 lol!.. looks like there will probably be an uplift along the way... lets hope not though! ha x

OK......going to start a new three now on Maintenance....will copy and paste a few of our comments and ask for opinions.....

Back