Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A few questions for experienced Atkins dieters!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Becca3241, 15 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca3241

Becca3241 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hello everyone! I started Atkins last Friday and so far have lost 3lbs, it was 6lbs but then I suddenly gained 3lb back again!! Yes I am a serial weigher!! :(

Anyway...my questions are:

When in induction did you allow yourselves unlimited diet fizzy drinks and the 4oz of cheese/cream that the book states you can have or did you find this limited weight loss?

The reason i ask is that I drink a lot of coke zero which I know is allowed and stops my sweets cravings and I also LOVE cheese which is a main attraction to the diet for me but I have been lurking on these threads this morning and I noticed not everyone includes these in your daily meals??

Also although I seem to have cut down on snacking between meals my portion sizes are still the same size and so I wonder if I need to cut down on these?

I used to do weight watchers and lost just under a stone but got sick of counting points however when I looked at the number of calories I consumed yesterday while sticking within the Atkins guidlines I noticed it was over the 2000 cals mark due to the cheese and cream!! Surely this will not help me to loose weight??

I hope that all made sense and Im not just babbling on!! I have a holiday in 3 weeks and I really REALLY want to loose 10lbs by then so really need Atkins to work for me!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    becca- its the carbs you need to count - if on induction make sure you are only on 20 carbs.
    Cheese is ok as long as no more than the 4Oz
    i personally didnt drink fizzy drinks on the diet as most contain citric acid which seemed to stall me.

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
  5. Becca3241

Becca3241 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    So coke zero is fine then as it has no carbs? I drink a lot though- like 3 pints a day :S Purely because it stops all snacking and any cravings...is this still okay?

I have just had a look through that thread so thanks for that Jim..your posts are a great help.

Yesterday I ate the 4oz of cheese (120g I believe) but today the scales didnt budge still and I was strict and weighed every veg and made sure I was under my 20carbs (think I had 17.5 or something).

I dont mind not loosing every day but obv I have seen posts about big losses and I was hoping that I would easily be able to loose my 10lb in 3 weeks...not so sure now as I technically havent lost anything since Saturday?

6. Becca3241

Becca3241 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh and I drink LOADS fo water and green tea...always going to the loo :) Also I dont think I am in Ketosis?? I havent had headaches or any of the symptoms described?

7. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Becca other than the bad breath which I dont notice myself I dont get any symptoms of ketosis either so I wouldnt take the lack of symptoms to mean anything.

What do you count as loads of water though?

Jo

8. Becca3241

Becca3241 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Ermmmm about 6-7 500ml bottles and about 5-6 small cups of green tea. Iv always had a lot of water and as a result have very good skin, I also find it keeps me from getting hungry. I do exercise aswell...used 2 exercise 2 hours a day but the last 3 weeks Ive cut it back to 30 mins a day as it was getting too much.

9. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Stick with it Becca, sometimes it takes a while to start working.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.