• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

a few questions for those who maintain

boardwitless

Silver Member
S: 13st13lb G: 12st2lb
Do the maintenance plans to find out how many calories you need to maintain and then work it from there. I need around 1800 cal per day but I don't deny myself if I go out at the weekend or to a family 'do'. I love my food and treat myself on the odd occasion and then pull back to around 1500 for a few days afterwards. I know that I could easily each twice the amount of calories each day but I don't want all the work I've done to be wasted. I'm currently on around 1200 per day as I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks and have plans to go through all of the buffets (and get my money's worth) - that's why I'm cutting back now. Life's too short to deny yourself all the treats - you just have to compromise.
I try to get the most from my calorie allowance so I'll bulk meals out with plenty of veg, low cal jelly, low fat stuff, lean meat, quorn etc.
I watch calories rather than carbs, although I find I am eating less carbs post-CD than I did before. I don't have cereals now - more fruit and veg