a few questions for those who maintain

missjam

how do you go about food?

do you allow yourself treats in moderation, and do you gain from it?

anyone having cereal for breakfast?

do you count calories over all calories or mainly just carbs? as ive heard that if you stay sensible calories but most of it comes from carbs you un-do all of your hard work!

Do the maintenance plans to find out how many calories you need to maintain and then work it from there. I need around 1800 cal per day but I don't deny myself if I go out at the weekend or to a family 'do'. I love my food and treat myself on the odd occasion and then pull back to around 1500 for a few days afterwards. I know that I could easily each twice the amount of calories each day but I don't want all the work I've done to be wasted. I'm currently on around 1200 per day as I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks and have plans to go through all of the buffets (and get my money's worth) - that's why I'm cutting back now. Life's too short to deny yourself all the treats - you just have to compromise.
I try to get the most from my calorie allowance so I'll bulk meals out with plenty of veg, low cal jelly, low fat stuff, lean meat, quorn etc.
I watch calories rather than carbs, although I find I am eating less carbs post-CD than I did before. I don't have cereals now - more fruit and veg

Back