A few questions :)

ConfusedGirl

Hi everyone :) I am new here so just want to say hello :)

Also have a few questions if anyone can help..

I am just wondering if anyone is doing only green days and if so, is this working for them? I am doing only green days as i don't really eat much meat but did not lose anythin my second week. (today is start of 3rd week)

I don't go to classes but i have a couple of the books and i do go onto the slimming world websites and have joined this site today hoping to get some support and hopefully meeting some SW buddys so we can support eachother :)

Thankyou in advance for any advice :)

Up untill EE i lost all my weight on green.. and very rarely did red. .

stay positive and dont get discorouged.. see how you are at your next wi.. xxxx

I know a couple of peeps who do only green days.
Are you keeping a food diary? If so, post last week's here and let us have a look ;-)

Thanks fern i will try and stay positive :)

Okies i will post my food diary for last week, this may take a while lol.

Saturday

Brek: 28g Ready brek (B), banana. Semi skimmed milk (A)
Lunch: Low fat batchelors super noodle.
Tea: 2 Quorn sausages, mash potato.
Snacks: 2 alpen light bars (B)
Fruit with fat free bio pot yogurt.
Jelly = 1 syn.

Sunday

Brek: Ready Brek, milk. (1st A + B)
Lunch: 3 Quorn sausages, mash & beans.
Tea: Low fat batchelors super noodle.
Supper: Ready brek, milk. (2nd A + B)
Snacks: 2 muller light yogurts. Fruit and bio yogurt.
Syns = Jelly 1, hot choc 2, freddo 5.5 = 8.5 total.

Monday

Brek: Ready brek, milk. Fruit. (A+B)
Lunch: 3 quorn sausages, mash & beans.
Tea: Rice pudding. Milk (A)
Snacks: Fruit & bio yogurt. Muller light.
Syns: choc cake (would have been 3.5 but counted as HEB so only 2 syns) Jam = 1 so total = 3 syns.

Tuesday

Brek: Weetabix, milk, banana. (1A+1B)
Lunch: 2slices brown ww bread+ 28g cheese. (1A+1B) Rice pudding.
Tea: Jacket pot, chickpeas, cottage cheese, veg.
Snacks: Fruit. 2 Mullerlight.
Syns, choc cake, jam, sausage, margarine, milk = 7.5 syns.

Wednesday

Brek: Weetabix, milk. (1A+1B)
Lunch: 2 brown bread, quorn chicken (B)
Tea: 2 Jacket pot, beans, cottage cheese.
Snacks: 3 mini babybell lights (A), 2 bowls rice pudding.
Syns: marg =2, jam = 2, milk = 2. total 6 syns.

Thursday

Brek: Weetabix, milk, banana. (1A+1B)
Lunch: Mash potato, beans.
Tea: Super noodle. Rice pudding. Milk(A)
Supper: Fruit.
Snacks: mullerlight. 2Alpen lights (B)
Syns jam = 1.

Friday

Brek: Weetabix, milk. (1A+1B)
Lunch: Jacket potato, beans, cottage cheese.
Tea: Mash, beans, 2 veg sausages - 2syns
Supper: Rice pudding.
Snacks: Muller light. Fruit, fromage frais.
Syns = jam & sausages = 3.

There we go :) Wow Writing this has made me realise ive been eating the same thing most days, is this ok?

I don't think you're eating enough superfree foods ie fruit/veg...anyone agree?

NN89,

Got to agree with you there - your food is quite 'processed or quick' - things like super noodles, jacket potatoes and porridge coming up a lot.

Also concerning (for me anyway) is Monday tea: Rice pudding. That isn't a meal imo.

Have you had a look at some of the recipes on the SW website? They're good as a guide for what to eat on both red and green days, and definitely contain more 'fresh' ingredients like meat, veg, etc.

SW is meant to be a lifestyle change as well as a diet - normal/non-dieting people would hopefully eat a more varied diet and not three jacket potato meals in a week, and you should aim for that too!

Good work on keeping those syns under control though - I'm envious, although at this stage you should have more!

NN89,

Got to agree with you there - your food is quite 'processed or quick' - things like super noodles, jacket potatoes and porridge coming up a lot.

Also concerning (for me anyway) is Monday tea: Rice pudding. That isn't a meal imo.

Have you had a look at some of the recipes on the SW website? They're good as a guide for what to eat on both red and green days, and definitely contain more 'fresh' ingredients like meat, veg, etc.

SW is meant to be a lifestyle change as well as a diet - normal/non-dieting people would hopefully eat a more varied diet and not three jacket potato meals in a week, and you should aim for that too!

Good work on keeping those syns under control though - I'm envious, although at this stage you should have more!

phew! eek- i have a jacket potato daily atm, as its the cheapest thing i can afford!! The week before payday is always the toughest.

But lots of veg is good!

Blimey, for one I would say you are not eating enough!!

I have to agree with previous post that you are eating too much processed food,too many repeated meals and not enough free food.

You really need to increase your fruit and veg and have a bit more variation, hope this helps;)

I agress, you need to eat more and add some veg and fruit. The weird thing with this diet is the more you eat the more you lose. For instance this is a typical day for me (I'm on EE but it's not much different you can eat red and green all day, only have one HEA & one HEB and if its synable take the lower value.

Breakfast - fruit salad i make myself with one apple, one banana, half a pear, handful of grapes, plum, melon and a pot of muller light yogurt.
Snack - Nibble on some quorn sausages
Lunch - 3 ryvitas and 1 scan bran(HEB), topped with cottage cheese and salad, followed by a piece of fruit and yogurt if i fancy it, or a massive ham salad and jacket instead
Dinner - a BBQ of any meat we fancy ie chicken, steak, gammon, chops etc, with a massive salad or we might have mushrooms, onions, tooatoes and asparagus on the BBQ and either another jacket or batchelors rice or pastat auce or noodles.
Dessert - meringue nest (3 syns) topped with strawberries, raspberies and a yogurt.

I have skimmed milk as my HEA in tea all day and that still leaves me enough syns for a glass of wine, vodka and coke or a bag of crisps.

I am eating way more than you and losing so i think that needs to be your trick.

Good luck

I'd say you're eating fine, but try and get more veg and fruit, you're not even having your 5 a day. Some weeks we do stay the same, it could be totm. How much do you have to lose? If it's only a little it will be slower coming off. Are you exercising? If so, muscle weighs more than fat and you may be losing inches instead of pounds. If you have a lot to lose, I'd say definitely eat all your syns.
choc cake (would have been 3.5 but counted as HEB so only 2 syns)
How can chocolate cake be a healthy extra?!

Anyway, don't worry, I'm sure you'll lose next week. Good luck x

I would like to lose 5 stone but not sure if that is realistic at my age (almost 46) and having had three children. However my question is this, I am only having between 1 and 7 syns tops. Should I be forcing myself to eat more and use my sun allowance.

It really depends on how much you're losing. Some say that if you're losing quite a lot per month, you can go closer to the 10-15 syns/week range as it lets you cut them back down when you get closer to your target weight.

Give it a couple of weeks on what you're eating at the moment, but maybe change it once you work out your monthly weight loss?

Age is no bearing really as its all about being healthier. My mum lost her original weight with SW just before her 50th Birthday (She lost over 7 stone). After becoming a consultant then me being ill she managed to put it back on, but now we are both back in SW since April 08 and she has lost 4 stone so far and should be back at target before her 60th Birthday :D

Syns are about not being deprived. Many people use them in different ways, some look at the whole amount over a week, so will have less on some days and high on other days. Some stick to a daily amount. Why dont you try a suggestion my consultant gave us some months ago. Fill a basket with items up to your weeks syn allowance, so you know that the basket is worth say 70 or 105 syns. Then through the week you just can pick stuff out the basket. Some people pop hot chocolate, wine, chocolate mini bars, crisps etc into it. This will mean that even though you dont use syns in your daily food, you know that delving into your treats hamper is well within your amount for the week and helping you have over 5 a day average.

Age is no bearing really as its all about being healthier. My mum lost her original weight with SW just before her 50th Birthday (She lost over 7 stone). After becoming a consultant then me being ill she managed to put it back on, but now we are both back in SW since April 08 and she has lost 4 stone so far and should be back at target before her 60th Birthday :D

Syns are about not being deprived. Many people use them in different ways, some look at the whole amount over a week, so will have less on some days and high on other days. Some stick to a daily amount. Why dont you try a suggestion my consultant gave us some months ago. Fill a basket with items up to your weeks syn allowance, so you know that the basket is worth say 70 or 105 syns. Then through the week you just can pick stuff out the basket. Some people pop hot chocolate, wine, chocolate mini bars, crisps etc into it. This will mean that even though you dont use syns in your daily food, you know that delving into your treats hamper is well within your amount for the week and helping you have over 5 a day average.

What a great idea re filling the basket. I am definately going to give this a go - thanks for sharing that

Thats SUCH a good idea!!! i take 70 is 5 syns a day?

Thanks for everyones advice :) I agree i have been eating to many quick foods etc the past week, its just that im on a bit of a budget at the minute and also finding it a little hard thinking of ideas. Does anyone have any easy to make meal ideas? As im not really that good at cooking lol.

Today i have had:

Brek: Ready brek, banana, milk.
Lunch: Jacket potato, stir fry veg, chickpea dahl, cottage cheese.
Tea: Quorn sausages, stir fry veg, beans. Fruit salad: orange, grapes, strawberrys, melon. Low fat natural yogurt.

Is this ok? And how many bananas would be ok a week as i heard these arent really the best fruit to eat? Pitty tho as these are my faves :( lol.

thanks x

Also can someone please write a list of what they consider to be processed foods? As a little unclear on this, sorry.

The thing is that I am not feeling deprived (whether thats my mindset this time or not I don't know), the syns I have used have been to enhance my meals. Today I have had four, one from the curry sauce for my egg curry and three for the tbsp of sugar I used for my pudding.

Back