A game that i'll win! My journey.

Emmey1 said:
Thank you :) I am chuffed to little bits and pieces lol

Well big bits and pieces but their getting smaller lol

Oh yeah I am also raising money for the NSPCC through slimmig world doing a slimathon from
Now until May 19th - they will match £1 for every lb lost so hoping to get some sponsorship from folk and raise some cash - makes weight loss even more worth while!

Well done Emmey a fab result. I'm doing the sponsored weight loss thingy too. First weigh in tomorrow. It's good to have something to focus on for the next few weeks. Glad you are "back"! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on this weeks loss Emmey. Its great that your raising money through your slimming, every bit helps for charities now especially since the changes to the tax breaks on donations. Fingers crossed for some big losses for you!x

brummie66 said:
Well done on this weeks loss Emmey. Its great that your raising money through your slimming, every bit helps for charities now especially since the changes to the tax breaks on donations. Fingers crossed for some big losses for you!x

Tell me about it brummie, I work for a charity and were all up in arms about the tax thing - its disgraceful!

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Well done Emmey a fab result. I'm doing the sponsored weight loss thingy too. First weigh in tomorrow. It's good to have something to focus on for the next few weeks. Glad you are "back"! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck for you WEigh In! :)

Frrrrrrriday

Satsuma and banana

Grapefruit

Roast beef and salad bap

Chicken stir fry (I will have it this time lol)

Tried out some SW chips last night because my usual frozen ones that are 1syn per 100g have disappeared from all my local supermarkets which leaves me with higher syn ones

I did really like them but between parboiling and cooking in the oven they took about 45 minutes which is fine but when I'm back from work at 6.30 I don't particularly have time to wait that long for dinner - so I've decided I'll give the other half frozen chips and try to avoid chips - I've looked into the actifry thing and it looks fab, but I'm not sure I can personally justify the cost right now with a holiday around the corner and generally trying to save money for other things - its £120 I just don't have

So last night I had mash potatoes with chicken Brest and some mushrooms - we do have chips rather a lot probably 4/5 times a week - weekends won't be so bad at there's time to make them but not during the week
Anyone have any alternatives to bulking out a meal without chips? Or am I just kidding myself that I can go without them? Lol! Probably!

I agree that the actifry is expensive - I probs wouldn't have forked out for mine had it not been a present :D AND it would have been well down the list of things to do with my mone tooy, but I do love it :D lol You can do so much more than chips in it - it's really quite versatile.......but yeah expensive for a gadget....

Mine was £99 but even that's alot!

Happy Friday :D

Corkscrew said:
I agree that the actifry is expensive - I probs wouldn't have forked out for mine had it not been a present :D AND it would have been well down the list of things to do with my mone tooy, but I do love it :D lol You can do so much more than chips in it - it's really quite versatile.......but yeah expensive for a gadget....

Mine was £99 but even that's alot!

Happy Friday :D

Happy Friday!

I haven ruled it out as I do think it'll get plenty of use and make life perfect - birthday is not far away - so it might make an appearance then ;)

Oh what a fab idea :D Santa brought mine! lol Maybe a few hints to Mummy and Daddy are called for? :D lol

I don't parboil.

Cut the chips, chuck them in the microwave until nearly done then chuck them in the oven.

I coat mine in oxo cubes and they are delicious.

Parboiling takes so long and creates so many things to wash up too.

Just the veggie ones love- delicious :) not tried the other ones coz I don't think they're suitable for veggies but the veggie oxo cubes chips are so morerish..

i parboil mine but i make big batches when i have time and then when they are parboiled i freeze individual portions to be quick when i get in from work!

Back