A game that i'll win! My journey.

WoofWoof said:
AAaaarrgh...can't believe you messed with da scales again,lol.Obviously the 'scale Gods were angry..resist girl!!!:D
I'm confident you can resist all the no-no's at the beefeater.I went out for my dad's 70th last week..hard :8855:,but made the right choices.Just thinking of going back to the old me was enough.
Enjoy your night out!!:eat:
By the way...I wonder if there are 'curly wurly Gods' as well as 'Scale Gods'

There are most certainly curly wurly gods! I pray to them most nights :p

Someone is going to have to come over and remove my scales for me at this rate! No more now till Wednesday WI.... I hope....

we're watching you:cool:

WoofWoof said:
we're watching you:cool:

Great now I'll be looking over my shoulder whenever I walk past the scales :p

Mmm, the relationship with scales is not exactly a happy one, but necessary to some degree. I find myself weighing myself beforehand so I know I am on target before going to a meeting. Does anybody else get a bit obsessive like that? I am right now as there is quite a bit to lose, but as I get smaller (and I will, dammit) I think the tape measure is probably a better way to measure as with exercise you may start plateauing with muscle weighing more than muscle...

feistyfluxy said:
Mmm, the relationship with scales is not exactly a happy one, but necessary to some degree. I find myself weighing myself beforehand so I know I am on target before going to a meeting. Does anybody else get a bit obsessive like that? I am right now as there is quite a bit to lose, but as I get smaller (and I will, dammit) I think the tape measure is probably a better way to measure as with exercise you may start plateauing with muscle weighing more than muscle...

I think your right with the tape measure being the better idea! But then I just know that'll become a bad daily habit too! No, I must stop, no more scale hopping :)

My scales either say I weigh less than WI scales or more so even though they were expencive, I just use them to make sure I'm not going up and up lol

They really don't bother me now since they don't help me with my WI week.

Xxx
Yeah, my scales are not accurate, they are more generous (I weigh less) so I only use the as an indicator of if I have gone up or down, or stayed the same to be honest! It makes sense considering the times I've weighed my suitcase only to find it to be heavier at the airport!!!

Had some very odd dreams last night about being lost in woods with my dogs trying to avoid sticky snakes and trapped in a dolls house... Nothing out of the ordinary then?

So breakfast - banana satsuma

L- rivita crispbread with light cheese triangles and some chicken. Grapes and strawberries to follow

T- out at the beefeater, having grilled paprika chicken to start. Steak jacket potato with a tomato and mushroom and will hit the salad bar! worked out my syns for it last night

On the hunt for some slow cooker ideas! Need to make use of mine and should help lighten the rush of cooking from
Scratch when I get home in the evenings!

Off for a frolic and search for some ideas
:)

On the hunt for some slow cooker ideas! Need to make use of mine and should help lighten the rush of cooking from
Scratch when I get home in the evenings!

Off for a frolic and search for some ideas
:)
Ooer, if you like to slowcook, get hold of some shin of beef - it's a cheap cut and is so good when slow cooked for ages. It also hardly has any fat (active part of the animal) but plenty of flavour. This will fall apart with you just breathing on it. :D

feistyfluxy said:
Ooer, if you like to slowcook, get hold of some shin of beef - it's a cheap cut and is so good when slow cooked for ages. It also hardly has any fat (active part of the animal) but plenty of flavour. This will fall apart with you just breathing on it. :D

Well that sounds ideal! I shall pick some up this Friday when I shop and have it that evening! Thanks :)

So just back from a lovely meal at the beefeater, boy am I proud of myself!! Although am Suffering a little!

So I had a plan of exactly what I was going to eat and how many syns that would be, I enjoyed a starter and a main and it was all lovely! Pudding came around and I had none, my better half shared a hot fudge cake with his sister, it pained me a little as it looked so good, but I want to be 100% for the best part of a year which will then hopefully get me where I want.... Instead of doing this half hearted and having to do it for 2,3,4,5 odd years!

I'm at 13 syns today, I feel bad for this, I'm under my 15 I know, but why do I feel like I've been bad?? Maybe it's because I barely get to 10 syns a day...

Having said all that I'm so badly craving cake!!! There's a huge slice of synful birthday cake in the kitchen which is calling me name LOUD! I do NOT want to touch it! I might have to have a hot choc which will put me at 15 syns... :s not sure how o feel about that but surely it's better than having that cake?!

30 mins exercise planned for tomorrow ready for WI Wednesday... I've had great losses for my first three weeks (feels like I've been doing it way longer tho) so im wondering when I'm going to start hitting that slow drag of 1-2lbs a week?! Hopefully not for a little while yet but I guess it'll happen soon, I'm nearly 1.5 stone down in 4 weeks!

I feel a bit sad and deflated now lol

On the plus side I've not touched those blooming scales today!

So just back from a lovely meal at the beefeater, boy am I proud of myself!! Although am Suffering a little!

So I had a plan of exactly what I was going to eat and how many syns that would be, I enjoyed a starter and a main and it was all lovely! Pudding came around and I had none, my better half shared a hot fudge cake with his sister, it pained me a little as it looked so good, but I want to be 100% for the best part of a year which will then hopefully get me where I want.... Instead of doing this half hearted and having to do it for 2,3,4,5 odd years!

I'm at 13 syns today, I feel bad for this, I'm under my 15 I know, but why do I feel like I've been bad?? Maybe it's because I barely get to 10 syns a day...

Having said all that I'm so badly craving cake!!! There's a huge slice of synful birthday cake in the kitchen which is calling me name LOUD! I do NOT want to touch it! I might have to have a hot choc which will put me at 15 syns... :s not sure how o feel about that but surely it's better than having that cake?!

30 mins exercise planned for tomorrow ready for WI Wednesday... I've had great losses for my first three weeks (feels like I've been doing it way longer tho) so im wondering when I'm going to start hitting that slow drag of 1-2lbs a week?! Hopefully not for a little while yet but I guess it'll happen soon, I'm nearly 1.5 stone down in 4 weeks!

I feel a bit sad and deflated now lol

On the plus side I've not touched those blooming scales today!
Think of it this way: There are 21 meals a week (or 28 if you are lover of elevenses or afternoon tea). If you go bad in 2 meals in a 21 meal deal, you are still being 90% good. :)

You have done really well to resist all that temptation..I know it's sooo hard...But it will be well worth it.You will feel worse if you go for that cake..if you've had a good evening and stayed on your plan your winning!!

maybe a hot choc will ease your cravings:sigh:

WoofWoof said:
You have done really well to resist all that temptation..I know it's sooo hard...But it will be well worth it.You will feel worse if you go for that cake..if you've had a good evening and stayed on your plan your winning!!

maybe a hot choc will ease your cravings:sigh:

Thanks woof! Think your right, and as it goes only drank half of it and feeling okay now, gonna head off to bed soon so those feelings done return ;-)

Spanx said:
Hi Emmey - wowzers, you are doing sooooo well, you should be really proud of yourself! x

Thanks spanx!! Really am, long may it continue lol :) x

Oh dear, way too tired for this... Kept awake most the night by some seriously loud wind (the outside weather kind! Lol) and now have a banging headache to contend with... Not feeling it today at all!

Morning emmey
Well done last nite you made great choices an stuck to them go girl :) I think in the end that's what this "game" is about an you just passed another level well done it's really windy here too just thinking about getting up it be great not too. have a good day. x

lynica said:
Morning emmey
Well done last nite you made great choices an stuck to them go girl :) I think in the end that's what this "game" is about an you just passed another level well done it's really windy here too just thinking about getting up it be great not too. have a good day. x

Thanks very much hun, was hard at the time but the feeling today and long term feeling has been great! Bring on the next level! :)

Update on today's food...

Breakfast - banana and grapes

Lunch - 6 rivita crispbread 3 cheese light triangles. Chicken pieces. Strawberries

Tea - egg beans and mccains oven rustic chips (1 syn per 100g)

Snacks I've had a mango today is was SO lovely but so mug effort to get into! Anyone any tips on the best way to eat a mango???

After tea I'll enjoy a mini weight watchers Victoria sponge and a low fat carrot cake slice (one is 4.5 one is 5syns... Cant remember which is which but I'm having both so it doesn't matter hahaha)

9.5 syns today not including chips which I'll decide how many once I see what 100g looks like lol

I knew I wouldn't get to exercise today so made an effort to run up stairs and helped put some demo equipment away

WI tomorrow!! Can't wait to see how it's gone....can't believe I'm only 4 weeks into this, it feels like a way of life already and I love it!

Did I get on the scales when I got home tonight? Answers on a postcard please! ;)

Back