A game that i'll win! My journey.

Goodness me I feel starving! All this weekend I think I'm still feeling the feelings of last weeks binge eating (which lasted most the week) I think it's almost more of a habit of eating - I'm trying to keep food low because I really want to lose this week, I've resisted puddings and cinema treats and all sorts so I sure hope for a loss!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Oohh,thats horrible (feeling starving) all weekend.That's a hard pain barrier-but you can do it!!
I think when you've been in the 'zone' for a while you get used to feeling more hungry than usual and I think your stomach shrinks.However,I think if you can last out untill WI you could be on for a big loss.All that 'binge'eating will have been a shock to your system now you're back on plan you should be really burning cal's.

WoofWoof said:
Oohh,thats horrible (feeling starving) all weekend.That's a hard pain barrier-but you can do it!!
I think when you've been in the 'zone' for a while you get used to feeling more hungry than usual and I think your stomach shrinks.However,I think if you can last out untill WI you could be on for a big loss.All that 'binge'eating will have been a shock to your system now you're back on plan you should be really burning cal's.

Scales say no! Dunno what's going on but feel the need for a super speed fruit and veg breakfast/lunch now till Wednesday to make those scales move!

Emmey1 said:
Scales say no! Dunno what's going on but feel the need for a super speed fruit and veg breakfast/lunch now till Wednesday to make those scales move!

Not that I've been on them again or anything.... Ahem

Mini_Mog said:
I got on this morning.... Oops! Kind of put them back in the bathroom in a moment of madness!

Glad it's not just me!

So first night alone tonight, usually I'd have an array of treats to give me something to look forward to seeing as I'm on my Todd at home but have nothing like that for tonight... Have a lamb tikka masala in the slow cooker for when I get home, and I'll share some boiled rice with bailey, also bringing one of my training dogs home so will have canine company, have an array of games and movies to watch on the telly so hoping that'll keep me company too... I generally feel a bit rubbish - and actually feel fat and bloated, I fully intend to check the scales when I'm home and hopefully see a loss which will help boost my mood or see a gain or a STS and will change what I plan to eat till WI - had a take away last night as it was our last night together till the weekend, went for just some meat and synned a pitta so still well within my syns, of which this week I'm only having 6 of a day (curley wurly tonight!)
So we shall see what Wednesday brings, I need to step up my game a little, went to a friends house Saturday so I really couldn't control the food but it was jacket potato and a beef berguion or something spelt like that lol so beef veg and a packet sauce, said no to pudding of chocolate brownie so i do kinda think I deserve a loss this week and I'm aiming for 2! 3 would be lovely but think my take away last night might not agree - let's see

Holy crap I have the worst stomach pain ever, my tummy right around to my sides hurt and I have NO idea why, I thought it was just hunger but now I've eaten it's got worse... Me and my tummy are having a right fall out recently lol

Drink plenty of fluids. It may be to do with the bloatedness (fruit and fibre can cause this - fluid/water will help to reduce the uncomfortableness etc)

If pain does persist - I would blame it on the scales and get them thrown out. Ha ha, no seriously, take it easy and if the pain doesnt subside then take a trip to the docs. Hope it gets better! xx

OH MY!!!

I've just had a revelation and time for a moment of truth!

So I leave work early so I can pick up bailey from his grandma's knowing im coming back to a house with no fiancé sucks! But I've done well to resist the temptation of buying yummy treats

Plan was to get home and eat the lamb tikka masala I have in the slow cooker... Walk through the door and smells... Well rank!!!

God knows what I did or didn't do but it was not nice smelling at all! Frankly it smelt off! I tried some... Oh it's really not right!! Chuck that away

So now Its 5pm and I have nothing out the freezer in time to defrost to eat, I've for a bloody banging headache and I'm fed up!

So jump in my car and head to the nearest cash machine because I'm going to get a Chinese take away delivered!!

Get my money out and come home, need to wash up then I'll order whatever the hell I like and scoff the lot, even though quite frankly I feel bloated and quite full!!

So here's my very silly moment.... Washing up I was playing in my head... Do I really WANT a Chinese.... Don't really crave it and fancy it and feel empty enough to eat it??? No I bloody don't, and not only that.., but admitting to myself I don't really want it... It felt GREAT!!!

It's been a good two weeks since I felt that sense of self control and that fantastic strong feeling of saying, no! I shouldn't be eating this - I will make another choice! This will not help me lose weight nor will it change the scale numbers to go down it certainly won't help me like my body when I look into the mirror!

Since last weeks total plan loss I've felt a spiral - I'm slipping back easily into bad habits.... Don't get me wrong, I passed on cinema treats and I passed on pudding at a friends house.... But (moment of truth now!)
After a meal at our friends house we stayed a few hours and left about 11... We headed straight to McDonald's and I had a big mac meal with a strawberry shake!!

It's NOT good enough, more so because I've clearly felt the need to lie about it to everyone here, if I feel I can't tell you beautiful strangers then it's GOT to be wrong!

I now have some mixed veg, sweet potato and butternut squash roasting in the oven, and I'm going to follow it down with a bowl of strawberries and that's that!

I know I said I was back on track after last week but I haven't been! Not as much as when I first started slimming world - I couldn't find that feeling I had when I first started and it all felt so easy - but just now... I've found it and I'm not letting it go!!

So my scales are a STS... Which frankly I deserve yet again, I'm going to push these next two days and try for a 1 loss and have a nice fresh week after that

I feel great now! Because I really feel like I am back where I was and I'm not just saying it this time - I feel it

So there you go guys - I'm a pathetic little game cheat! But I think I needed my moment today in order to stop this diet fading away and slipping back to usual habits!

It felt so good saying no to myself! And being strong! I must remember that!

Well done! That must've been hard. I think this game is more than changing the food you eat, you are realising when an why you eat an I think you've just sussed yours out. I think your ready for the next level of your game onwards and upwards (or downwards for the scales) great food choice tonight in difficult circumstances!
Go for it emmey your doing great proud of you for posting x

Hi Emmey

:happy036: Great to see you with your mojo back

I find it really hard to get back into the plan after a slip up and sometimes you need to bottom out before you can turn it around.

Well done for resisting the chinese and good luck for the rest of the week. xxx

Thank you guys! Despite burning the heck out my veggies I did well to eat and just stuck to fruit to fill me up!

Really am feeling good now :)

feel it took a lot for you to admit all that to us on here,thats not pathetic ( I think we seem a pretty genuine bunch-willing to help each other:cool:).Well done you!!
I think Lynica makes some really good points,it's about discovering why we over eat,not just dieting.
I've been overweight most my adult life and have always given up on diets only to put more weight on.You never stay at the same weight,the bad habits eventually make you gain weight.Then the diet,gain thing starts all over again:cry:
I for one can't go back to that,neither can you-you can beat it and win the game!( besides if you give up it's going to be pretty quite around here:))
I just wondered why don't you cook more SW versions of your fav grub (chinese,burgers,whatever) for a week to help yourself through this rough patch (if it helps you stay the course you will lose weight).
I wonder(again,lol) if you're eating the takeouts etc and then eating the super slimming veggies- almost like a punishing yourself?
Have you been honest with your group leader and have you found any help there?
:thinking2:Sorry for the heavy thinking-just trying to help.:D

Well done on the confession :) it takes a lot but it's fully done with now :) we know, u know, you know we know (hehe) so everyone knows! No more to be said.
Of course if u find/discover reasons behind it please share as it may be our problem too!! :) x

:bighug:
Being able to admit it not only to us, but to yourself is absolutely great.
No need to hide it, we all have slip ups but its the acknowledging the spiral that what helps you in the end. You could have ignored it and continued in the 1 sneaky take away meal here, a chocolate bar there, a multipack of crisps following a whole pizza there... you get my drift :D

Onwards, downwards, and stay off the bloody scales!!
Have a good day sweetie xx

WoofWoof said:
feel it took a lot for you to admit all that to us on here,thats not pathetic ( I think we seem a pretty genuine bunch-willing to help each other:cool:).Well done you!!
I think Lynica makes some really good points,it's about discovering why we over eat,not just dieting.
I've been overweight most my adult life and have always given up on diets only to put more weight on.You never stay at the same weight,the bad habits eventually make you gain weight.Then the diet,gain thing starts all over again:cry:
I for one can't go back to that,neither can you-you can beat it and win the game!( besides if you give up it's going to be pretty quite around here:))
I just wondered why don't you cook more SW versions of your fav grub (chinese,burgers,whatever) for a week to help yourself through this rough patch (if it helps you stay the course you will lose weight).
I wonder(again,lol) if you're eating the takeouts etc and then eating the super slimming veggies- almost like a punishing yourself?
Have you been honest with your group leader and have you found any help there?
:thinking2:Sorry for the heavy thinking-just trying to help.:D

Quite frankly, nothing is the same as a take away, the taste and convenience.. It's just easy pickings really isn't it, I'll always love a take away but it's just about that moderation which I lost last week but feel I have a grip now

I'm trying to cheat, I'm eating the crap then sticking myself on fruit, veg etc to counteract and make myself feel like I've done good! Which also isn't the way! Everything just changed from last week, I just wasn't feeling 'right' and I don't think I would have got out of that mind-set until I said NO to something, like I did last night, and that's when I felt like I'm properly back on track. I mean I'm up for this for at least a year, I've set my target weight now and size, two weeks out of that time isn't going to ruin everything - its a learning experience for sure but I'm back now :)

MinkyDinky said:
:bighug:
Being able to admit it not only to us, but to yourself is absolutely great.
No need to hide it, we all have slip ups but its the acknowledging the spiral that what helps you in the end. You could have ignored it and continued in the 1 sneaky take away meal here, a chocolate bar there, a multipack of crisps following a whole pizza there... you get my drift :D

Onwards, downwards, and stay off the bloody scales!!
Have a good day sweetie xx

Will NOT get back on the scales .... Can you come and live in my bedroom just so you can guard the scales? Lol

I'm stuffed!

Had a gorgeous mix salad for lunch, from a salad bar, avoided the coleslaw and potato salad etc and went for some lovely mixed salad and boiled eggs - I really enjoyed it!

Breakfast I had banana and a satsuma and had an apple at mid day

Tonight I have steak chips mushroom and pepper sauce, synned the chips and sauce and well under for the day - WI tomorrow and will be happy with 1 lb off and then fully back on it, properly this time

I'm stuffed!

Back