A game that i'll win! My journey.

rockchick72 said:
well done!

3lb off for me so feeling really motivated - lets get back on it this week

Great loss! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on your 2lb and your realisation earlier in the week and also your confession. I know you'll get 2 st and club 10 next week, you sound so focused!

I got 1lb off this week which I'm really pleased with. On the scales front- they 'somehow' *ahem* made their way back into the bathroom....oops!

Mini_Mog said:
Well done on your 2lb and your realisation earlier in the week and also your confession. I know you'll get 2 st and club 10 next week, you sound so focused!

I got 1lb off this week which I'm really pleased with. On the scales front- they 'somehow' *ahem* made their way back into the bathroom....oops!

Haha I've said all along staying off the scales is harder than the actual diet lol well done on the loss! Seems your settling into maintaining zone quite nicely now :)

Still feeling good! Ready to try for a nice loss this week with no real hurdles in the distance other than a trip into Birmingham with friends on Sunday to see the Christmas market etc, will save my syns for a few beers and we may grab lunch at Jamie Oliver's restaurant again which is Italian so pasta isn't too bad - just hope I can avoid the Krispy Kreme shop - I will do!

I need some easy breakfast ideas, fruit on the run is fine and suits me at 6.30 but now it's getting colder I want something a bit more suited to weather but still has to be easy to put together as I don't have much time in the morning...
I read a lot about people having porridge etc but all the ones I've looked at like ready break etc are pretty high in syns? Are there any low syn porridge etc? Milk will be HEX as I don't drink hot drinks

Mat also try some new recipes this week to help maintain my interest, other half is back home today till Monday then I'm alone again for a few nights - this sucks! started talking to the TV last night... I guess when I think it's talkin back that's when I should worry lol

Emmey1 said:
Still feeling good! Ready to try for a nice loss this week with no real hurdles in the distance other than a trip into Birmingham with friends on Sunday to see the Christmas market etc, will save my syns for a few beers and we may grab lunch at Jamie Oliver's restaurant again which is Italian so pasta isn't too bad - just hope I can avoid the Krispy Kreme shop - I will do!

I need some easy breakfast ideas, fruit on the run is fine and suits me at 6.30 but now it's getting colder I want something a bit more suited to weather but still has to be easy to put together as I don't have much time in the morning...
I read a lot about people having porridge etc but all the ones I've looked at like ready break etc are pretty high in syns? Are there any low syn porridge etc? Milk will be HEX as I don't drink hot drinks

Mat also try some new recipes this week to help maintain my interest, other half is back home today till Monday then I'm alone again for a few nights - this sucks! started talking to the TV last night... I guess when I think it's talkin back that's when I should worry lol

On the porridge front, oatso simple (the plain ones) are a HexB and require no measuring. Apart from your milk but it has a fill to line on the individual packets. Just whack in the microwave and tada! I tend to put frozen berries in it once it's done to cool it down a bit.

Well done on the loss - pulled it back :) PMA is the way forward! Xx

Well done hun. It is so easy to fall off the wagon but so much harder to get back on, and you did it. You should be really proud of yourself.xx

tara40 said:
Well done hun. It is so easy to fall off the wagon but so much harder to get back on, and you did it. You should be really proud of yourself.xx

Thank you :) was fun falling of for a while but not worth the extra hardness of having to get back on, think I'll stay in with a firm grip for a while longer :)

MinkyDinky said:
On the porridge front, oatso simple (the plain ones) are a HexB and require no measuring. Apart from your milk but it has a fill to line on the individual packets. Just whack in the microwave and tada! I tend to put frozen berries in it once it's done to cool it down a bit.

Well done on the loss - pulled it back :) PMA is the way forward! Xx

Perfect! Added to shopping list for tomorrow
:)

Have'nt taken any before piccies as have enough reminders via my holiday snaps,lol.
The x-mas markets sounds a really nice idea-thought of doing that myself,but probably go to manchester instead of Brum.
I know what you mean on the early morning's front in cold weather-fruit just does'nt do it (could do with a nice bacon buttie mmm(cravings)
WI tommorrow so keeping everthing crossed for then:eek:lol

WoofWoof said:
Have'nt taken any before piccies as have enough reminders via my holiday snaps,lol.
The x-mas markets sounds a really nice idea-thought of doing that myself,but probably go to manchester instead of Brum.
I know what you mean on the early morning's front in cold weather-fruit just does'nt do it (could do with a nice bacon buttie mmm(cravings)
WI tommorrow so keeping everthing crossed for then:eek:lol

I've no doubt you'll kick ass tomorrow like you have every week! Watch your back though, I plan on catching up and taking lead again ;-p

Emmey1 said:
Haha I've said all along staying off the scales is harder than the actual diet lol well done on the loss! Seems your settling into maintaining zone quite nicely now :)

I'm back on weighing daily now. Oh dear. I feel better keeping an eye on things though.

I think I'm getting to grips with it. I know I can get away with having a bit of a treat now- meal out, takeaway etc and pull it back through the rest of the week. This week will be a gain probably, although a maintain would be lovely:)

I've fallen in love with butter beans!! Never had them before and hope their free because I've scoffed a load of them in my salad - OM NOM NOM!

Woof woof where are you??!

Hellllooooo.
Had to come on later today as started my new job this week.xtra early starts:(
anyways weighed in..and lost 2lb this week,which I feel is cool as I have been loosing a lot the last couple of weeks,so happy with that.
So ya going to kick my ass next week eh?
Thats why I'm here to give ya a bit of competition:D
Butter beans are free and really good for you.They taste great with 'free' dressings mixed with them or herbs.I do mine with lemon (juice and zest),garlic and fresh mint and chilli MMmmm.You can roast the garlic for a milder flavour.
How you Doin' (said in my best Joey from friends voice,lol)

WoofWoof said:
Hellllooooo.
anyways weighed in..and lost 2lb this week,which I feel is cool as I have been loosing a lot the last couple of weeks,so happy with that.
Butter beans are free and really good for you.They taste great with 'free' dressings mixed with them or herbs.I do mine with lemon (juice and zest),garlic and fresh mint and chilli MMmmm.You can roast the garlic for a milder flavour.

Mmm that sounds delish! And I love garlic so I'll give that a go! :)

2lb is great! A nice steady number to maintain each week - hot on your heels now, need to reclaim my crown as being the biggest loser ;-)

WoofWoof said:
Hellllooooo.

Oh and congrats on the new job! :) extra early mornings I've been doing a 6.30 start for the past 3 years - is it earlier than that? Or is your idea of extra early a typical bloke 8am early?? Haha ;)

Oh and congrats on the new job! :) extra early mornings I've been doing a 6.30 start for the past 3 years - is it earlier than that? Or is your idea of extra early a typical bloke 8am early?? Haha ;)

OOOhhh,that hurt lol (thanks for the congrats).
Started training to drive busses and coaches with 'first Group'.If I can pass the tests all will be good apart from the shifts.Their Idea of early is 3am:(
I for one think that 6.30 is early enough for anyone!!
I need you to regain your crown,bloody thing weighs a ton:D
How you been doing?Did you have a good time at the xmas markets and Jamie olivers?

WoofWoof said:
OOOhhh,that hurt lol (thanks for the congrats).
Started training to drive busses and coaches with 'first Group'.If I can pass the tests all will be good apart from the shifts.Their Idea of early is 3am:(
I for one think that 6.30 is early enough for anyone!!
I need you to regain your crown,bloody thing weighs a ton:D
How you been doing?Did you have a good time at the xmas markets and Jamie olivers?

Gosh darn it! 3am isnt silly - its STUPID!

I'm a bit worried about loss so far - mainly because I haven't buy scales say gain (I know I know but I can't help it anymore and may as well stop trying) I've eaten out a lot since WI but I've made good choices and had zero other syns - went to Jamie and markets last week and had a great time - off again with friends tomorrow and I know I'll be consuming a few alcoholic beverages so I'm not feeling hopeful for WI despite the fact I've stayed on plan, even with eating out... I shall see - what I have noticed is most my weight loss appears to happen from Sunday - Wednesday, the scales don't shift often between Thursday-Sunday - ill use tomorrow as a flexi syn day with alcohol and continue my 100% on plan week - other half away again from Monday - food wise it's okay, boredom wise it's going to be tough! But I've dug mysel firmly into a book since Thursday do that'll be nice to do next week - its like every time I pick up my book to read the other half tries to have a conversation with me lol he's like a child too, if I don't pay him attention he'll just dive on me lol

So yeah, I'm still sure I'll hit my 0.5 this week for my award so that's my goal - my usual 2lb off would be nice too

Just need to avoid the Krispy Kreme store tomorrow - aHhHhhhhH!

I'm glad you could'nt decipher that first line too.:confused:
Anyways,I've come to the conclusion that It's hard to stay 100% all the time if you have any kind of life.I'm one of those sado people that does'nt get out much,lol. I have most of my sins over the weekend and stay 100% during the week,keeping my sins right down to a bare minimum.
This diet has made me realise just how much of your life (and pleasures) revolve around grub and drinking MMmmm.:)
I'm sure if you stay on plan monday until weigh in you can get your award and with a bit of luck make a 2lb loss:)
The thing that gets me is when I make my mind up I just want to get it done (I think you're the same-even though you know you're in the game for the long haul) and if the weight comes off very,very slowly I worry I'll get bored and give in (I think this is what gets a lot of people trying to lose weight).
Us blokes like a bit of attention,well ok a lot of attention,especially when we're talking.My Mrs says I'm like a child too and am very annoying when she's trying to read- so she goes and sits in another room with Bert's,cause he knows how to behave himself.
I don't know if I'd be brave enough to dive on her though,shes 5'2" unarmed and dangerous!!:D

Back