A game that i'll win! My journey.

WoofWoof said:
Really had to consider if I was going to post today-if I'm going to get billed,lol!But thought what the hell-it's worth it.The cost of therapy these days.:cry:
I know it's not a lotta fun being home alone.It can be worth it if it scores him some 'brownie' points at work though.
My wife is going xmas shopping in oxford with her sister at the weekend,so I'll be home alone.It's going to be very quite (ooh the though of it,lol),but I will get to be in charge of the remote control for a bit:D(bet there will be nothing worth watching either!)
Stress at work is a real killer to your health.Since I changed jobs It's made me realise just how much so.I think all jobs are getting worse for stress now:mad:
It sounds like your future mum-in-law has a good sense of style getting you a winnie da Pooh water bottle-it'll definately make you feel better!!(I'm only jealous)
Now this is bizzare,we've just had pasta and salad for tea-very tasty me thinks.Great minds and all that.
How've you gone on with your unofficial weigh in?
This forum drives me mad,by the time I've finished typing It makes me log back in and I have to copy and paste my reply:mad:(rant over!!) I do type veeeerrry slowly though:)

Oh yeah - shopping in Oxford sounds ace! Hide your credit card!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Do you ever think that the temptation of food will ever get any less?
I mean, I just love all the wrong things, and even filling up my car with petrol I could easily have grabbed a chocolate bar - walking past greggs I could have had a sausage roll - its just there all of the time - does this get any less? Maybe those who are near target can answer this? Do you still love and want food as much as you did when you were overweight? I can handle it but I did wonder if this gets less as the weight goes - or maybe I'm forever cursed to just love food!
I look forward to meal times - not always because I'm hungry but because I just love food!

I guess the change is im having pasta salad for lunch again later and I'm even looking forward to that, so maybe I will always love food, I'm just learning to love the right type of food and love the wrong type of food a little less?

Interesting :)

Yes and no is the answer! Now I'm at target I'm not trying to lose so I'm a bit more relaxed. I usually try to limit the treat to one meal. Or for example I'll have a muffin on a Friday at work. But 85-90% of the time I'm on plan. Seriously going off plan makes me feel ill. But on the other hand the love of food doesn't go away but most of the time I can satisfy that with sw friendly foods.

It is a bit mind blowing to think of this as for life so I take it one week at a time. But I have every intention to stick to eating a healthy, balanced diet for life.

I love being the size I am now, going back to the size I was and feeling like I did (physically and emotionally) scares me too much to let it all go wrong now.

Hope that helps! :)

Do you ever think that the temptation of food will ever get any less?
I mean, I just love all the wrong things, and even filling up my car with petrol I could easily have grabbed a chocolate bar - walking past greggs I could have had a sausage roll - its just there all of the time - does this get any less? Maybe those who are near target can answer this? Do you still love and want food as much as you did when you were overweight? I can handle it but I did wonder if this gets less as the weight goes - or maybe I'm forever cursed to just love food!
I look forward to meal times - not always because I'm hungry but because I just love food!

I guess the change is im having pasta salad for lunch again later and I'm even looking forward to that, so maybe I will always love food, I'm just learning to love the right type of food and love the wrong type of food a little less?

Interesting :)

Got to say that's an interesting question Emmey.I feel exactly the same and I think Mini-Mog's reply was really interesting.I spend all day craving foods I should'nt too

Just wondered Mini-mog,when you say going off plan seriously makes you feel ill if you can elaborate a bit on that?
You have lost a lot of weight and I must admit I fully understand the scary though of going back to where you came from.
Is it you don't fancy the food you used to eat and you just have more control?
Must admit the idea of a diet for life is a little bit scary at this point.

WoofWoof said:
Got to say that's an interesting question Emmey.I feel exactly the same and I think Mini-Mog's reply was really interesting.I spend all day craving foods I should'nt too

Just wondered Mini-mog,when you say going off plan seriously makes you feel ill if you can elaborate a bit on that?
You have lost a lot of weight and I must admit I fully understand the scary though of going back to where you came from.
Is it you don't fancy the food you used to eat and you just have more control?
Must admit the idea of a diet for life is a little bit scary at this point.

I think it's that I have more control and know when it's time to stop if that makes sense?

In terms of feeling ill- if I overindulge in high fat things and in particular cakes, white bread & pizza I get terrible bloating and abdominal pain. IBS type symptoms really.

I still have moments where I go a bit wrong. This afternoon someone brought in a load of biscuits, cakes & chocolates and I did indulge and then after that I had a hazelnut mocha & Yule log at costa. But I'm paying for it because I now have the old abdominal cramps and bloating! Ugh! Back on plan again now anyway.

To be honest some days it's like a battle of wills with myself. Today has been one of those days!

There's a small chance I feel slightly paranoid that perhaps I've poisoned myself

My stomach is doing jumps and feels generally all icky - I haven't over eaten, for tea I had.... Chicken and chips....
Well if your gonna give yourself food positioning do it with chicken, right?!

I'm sure it's not that, I ate at 6 so surely I wouldn't feel bad just yet? Don't know what else it could be though, had salad for lunch and nothing cooked during the day.....
Oh well, if I'm not here in the morning - it was nice knowing each and every one of you :)

If the chicken was thoroughly cooked, piping hot and freshly cooked I doubt it's poisoning. Most common cause of tummy bugs/sickness/diarrhoea at this time of year particularly are viruses such as norovirus. Other than that it could just be one of those things. Don't go getting all worried, I'm sure you and your cooking are just fine:)

Phew! I'm alive.... Although been awake since 4 and can't get back to sleep - no idea why as I LoVE sleep! And I'm so good at it lol

Glad you're still alive,lol,would have got pretty quite here else.
Thanks Mini-mog for explaining,it makes perfect sense.
So..weighed in today,been 100% all week and kept the sins low(under 5)every day and lost 1.5lb:(
Ok,still a loss (but feel it's pretty crappy,when been good all week).Since I changed jobs, I sit driving all day now(training) for 10 hours a day and have had zero exercise all week,so I think that has hindered the losses for this week.So next week going to have a big exercise drive!!On the plus side got my 2 1/2 stone award:D

Last edited:
WoofWoof said:
Glad you're still alive,lol,would have got pretty quite here else.
Thanks Mini-mog for explaining,it makes perfect sense.
So..weighed in today,been 100% all week and kept the sins low(under 5)every day and lost 1.5lb:(
Ok,still a loss (but feel it's pretty crappy,when been good all week).Since I changed jobs, I sit driving all day now(training) for 10 hours a day and have had zero exercise all week,so I think that has hindered the losses for this week.So next week going to have a big exercise drive!!On the plus side got my 2 1/2 stone award:D

That loss Is still a great loss and in the right direction! Especially without exercise - your body is going to take some time to adjust to the new job life - if be happy with that loss - at least for now while I catch you up ;)

Good job I did the shopping yesterday as I've been ravenous since this morning! So far have consumed a banana, a mango and now I've demolished a red grapefruit with some sweeter on it - was yum!

Waiting for other half to get back from buying my Christmas gifts and have some chicken wings for lunch and steak tonight - yum!

Cracking on with a roast chicken dinner tomorrow - going for a SW friendly one so will take skin off chicken and do roasts and veg in the oven with fry light - might syn some honey for my carrots and parsnips to roast - okay no more talk about food as I could eat a horse. :)

I find it annoying how much more we have to pay for meats that are free range etc - I'm a big meat eater and know exactly what's done to get the meat on my plate and where I can I do go for free range chickens, always get free range eggs and British meats - I paid just over £6 for a free range chicken from ASDA where a normal medium was just over £4 and dot get me started on a smart price one - I'm not sure how that would have lived or how it would taste? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a food snob - cant always afford to be lol but I guess when I can, I like to get the good stuff, at the same time I think as a meat eater you need to know how your meat gets to your plate

So I didn't stop talking about food did I?

Oh, speaking of food.. Lol

I discovered the best discovery that will keep me going till my few days off plan over Christmas...... SNOWBALLS!!!! Wooo to the hoooo for me! I love the little round snowbally goodness! And I think their only 3-4 syns per ball!

Don't doubt I haven't thought of saving a weeks syns and eating 50 blooming packs of the things! Haha I do love them very much, they remind me of Christmas :)

I'm looking forward to Christmas eve, going to see my parents who I haven't seen since starting SW so it'll be nice to see if they comment on a difference

Speaking of which I've set a goal to lose another half a stone by Christmas - so 7 lbs in the three WI's which IS achievable! I'd like to do this so if I do have a gain over Christmas I'll still sit happily being 2st lighter

Challenge set! woofwoof fancy taking on that challenge too? 2lb a week with 1lb extra somewhere thrown in - easy! ;)

Well alrighty then,I love a good challenge!!
Going to refine my plan a little,throw in some exercise and loose some serious pounds,lol.:cool:
Wish you would'nt keep talking about food:cry:Ya making me feel hungry too!
I think it's a ploy to catch me up:D
It's good to see your fella is going to get you some goody's for Grinchmas (how well trained is that).I dont think I've been good enough for santa to visit me this year:)

Hurrar! My home scales have fallen into the next bracket! 17's!!! Started this journey in the 20's so I'm super happy to see 17 again!!

My home scales are 2lb lighter than my group ones I was 17st 13 this morning so I need to drop another 1lb for it to show in group in Wednesday - I usually lose a good 2kb between sun- Wednesday so I'm aiming for a 3lb loss this week which leaves me with only 2lb for the next two weeks to hit my half stone before christmas target :)

Feeling good right now! Turned down a lot of good stuff this week so feel like I'm losing what I deserve to lose :)

I think it's very satisfiying dropping into the next weight bracket down.
Of course I'll be keeping a close I on the opposition over the next couple of weeks,lol:)
You still doing your dancing /exercise vids Emmey?

WoofWoof said:
I think it's very satisfiying dropping into the next weight bracket down.
Of course I'll be keeping a close I on the opposition over the next couple of weeks,lol:)
You still doing your dancing /exercise vids Emmey?

To be honest I haven't exercised for a few weeks - but I do walk for near 7 hours a day and have some faster paced dogs to train at the moment which often leaves the heart pumping! Obviously being off work from Wednesday last week with a bad arm I've been sat on my arse most of this week so gonna try and up the workload from tomorrow to hit my 3lb aim for Wednesday ;-)

Back at work so exercise! Phew!
Will check scales tonight, I've decided to embrace the scales as I clearly can't hide from them! I'll use them as a guide as to weather I need to work harder or continue as I'm going - ill try to weigh the same time each day for an accurate result - Im still aiming for a minimum of 2 but hopefully a 3 this week - although I did treat myself to Heston's mince pie that smells like Christmas tree's yesterday from waitrose - it was SO good - don't know how many syns that was not syns were dead low yesterday so I'm sure it'll be fine

Right - better get walking - I have a woofwoof to beat! ;)

What would you count a Cadburys advent Callander chocolate as, syn wise?

Still showing a 1lb loss so going to up the superspeed food tomorrow and Wednesday breakfast/lunches to push for a 2 - I shouldn't have too much trouble doing this - I'm confident I'll hit 2 Wednesday - I've been an angel :) (pretty much!)

So last week that the other half is working away - think we both agree he won't be doing this again! We both hate it!

Have steak and chips tonight with a peppercorn sauce and was going to have another mince pie but will save it for Wednesday eve ;)

Emmey1 said:
What would you count a Cadburys advent Callander

stupid phone?! That should obviously say calendar ;)

Back