A game that i'll win! My journey.

brummie66 said:
Emmey anything thats not a gain is always good, I know you were hoping for more but it will come, stick with it. I have heard lots about the 30 day shred but not sure i'm fit enough for it so you'll have to let me know how you get on, perhaps you may inspire me to give it a go!!! Good luck to all for the week ahead, we will all get there eventually, we just have to keep going even if we have little set backs along the way. Just think Emmey 1/2lb off is 1/2lb nearer that goal!!!x

Thanks Brummie, your right and I guess im still going in the right direction - just felt I deserved more - but I'll get that this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Breakfast

Apple
Satsuma

Can of low cal monster drink - 2.5 syns

Lunch
Pasta cooked at weekend with garlic and pasatta
Kiwi fruit
Satsuma

Dinner
Sweet chili chicken (3syns for sweet chili sauce used in making)
200g McCain rustic chips - 2syns
Big flat mushroom
Packet of frozen veg steamed in microwave

Total syns 7.5 syns

Shopping tonight so should get some good things in the cupboards!

Morning
Ive gained this week, so 100% on it the same as you, need to get over this hurdle for final few pounds. food looking good for today well done, Im just catching up on here and then going to plan food for the week xx

Oh ly you are SO close too - sorry about your gain but you'll no doubt kick ass this week and get that right off again - I'm really motivated today to stick to plan and start my shred at the weekend so I'm really hoping for some nice results Wednesday - going back to basics is helping as I think potentially ive been 'having a little something here and there' has mounted up more than I realise so having it down on paper helps me see and keeps me honest to myself - I'm looking forward to Wednesday actually - although cant get to my usual group but will deffo weigh somewhere else
We can do it. :)

I'm just with my book now writing down all my favourite sf & f foods so much choice he he :) we can do this !! :)

Oh the sun is out today - its warm and I'm happy! My eating is much bette hen its warmer - enjoy fruit an veg more - actually am less hungry when it's warmer - more of this weather please!

Emmey1 said:
Breakfast

Apple
Satsuma

Can of low cal monster drink - 2.5 syns

Lunch
Pasta cooked at weekend with garlic and pasatta
Kiwi fruit
Satsuma

Dinner
Sweet chili chicken (3syns for sweet chili sauce used in making)
200g McCain rustic chips - 2syns
Big flat mushroom
Packet of frozen veg steamed in microwave

Total syns 7.5 syns

Shopping tonight so should get some good things in the cupboards!

Added a mug shot to this list - free! And now stuffed till about 7.30 tonight when I'll eat dinner - yum!

Time to shake the body up a bit:

Breakfast
Weetabix with milk and an orange

Lunch
Potato cheese pie with beans - in the pie is onion sweet corn and peppers

Dinner
Jo's syn free sausages and a burger (no bun) with a side of mix veg and mushrooms - and I'll syn some tomato sauce

Snacks today I have a kiwi and some carrot sticks with home made syn free humous

I'll update this list later in case of any changes but that's the plan

Yesterday nights meal

Chili chicken with chips mushroom and veg

image-1110380366.jpg

Looks like a lot of food but it was only 1 chicken Brest and 200g of chips the rest is all veg :)

Day 2 of back to basics and food is as follows:

Breakfast
Weetabix with milk (hexA and B)
Low cal monster drink (2.5syns)

Snack - 11am - carrots and humous
An orange

Lunch - 1pm - onion and potato pie and beans - in the pie was sweet corn mushroom peppers carrots and peas
A celery stick
A small pack of animal biscuits (5syns)

Tonight - jo's sausage burger (no bun) and 3 sausages with 200g chips (2syn) handful of mushrooms and half a pack of the packet paper sauce (2syn)

Total syns for today: 11.5

Snacks tonight in front of the telly if needed will be free stuff only - carrots, celery, kiwi fruit

My C text me as she went back to basics this week and mixed up her food and types of food she's been snacking on and lost 6lbs! So really determined to get 3off this week for my 2.5 stone award - starting the 30 day shred tomorrow so expect to be half dead by Sunday ;-)

Hi Emmy, good luck with the 30 day shred, I'm sure it works because bit's of you you didn't know you had ache the next day!!!!....my advice, don't over do it the first day..especially the things that make your legs burn...the lunges and squats, My thighs were wrecking for almost a week, the rest was just a good ache...you know, when you can feel that your muscles have been worked!! I am going to try and do it myself again this week but go slow to begin....my poor doggies won't forgive me if I can't do walkies again next week!!! Had to get my dog walker to every day last week!!!
Well done on your loss so far and sticking too the plan....this is my third attempt at SW, always manage a few months, lose one and a half to two stone, weight loss slows down and I lose the plot!! Hence joining the the 6 stone challenge thread....thoses girls will keep me going this year!!!! Big love Clare xx

peacedove said:
Hi Emmy, good luck with the 30 day shred, I'm sure it works because bit's of you you didn't know you had ache the next day!!!!....my advice, don't over do it the first day..especially the things that make your legs burn...the lunges and squats, My thighs were wrecking for almost a week, the rest was just a good ache...you know, when you can feel that your muscles have been worked!! I am going to try and do it myself again this week but go slow to begin....my poor doggies won't forgive me if I can't do walkies again next week!!! Had to get my dog walker to every day last week!!!
Well done on your loss so far and sticking too the plan....this is my third attempt at SW, always manage a few months, lose one and a half to two stone, weight loss slows down and I lose the plot!! Hence joining the the 6 stone challenge thread....thoses girls will keep me going this year!!!! Big love Clare xx

Ahhhww thanks for dropping by Clare! I shall come directly to you Sunday morning when I can't get out of bed due to that shred though, it'll be all your fault of course :)
Haha I agree totally with the dog walking thing - im hoping starting at the weekend will leave me a cripple and recover by Monday - I'm not sure anyone has gotten away with phoning in sick because 'I did some actual exercise at the weekend' lol
Part of me is looking forward to it - that part is clearly not that sane and will be reminded of that tomorrow when my limbs are trying to run away from the rest of my body lol :)

Plan of attack for tomorrow:

Breakfast

Porridge/oat so simple type thing
Might chop some banana on it?

Lunch - I'm making mini quiches - I LoVE them! So I'll have some with a mix of salad

Dinner - other half has decided despite me planning the week and doing shopping yesterday he wants to go to the butchers on the morning for a big chunk of steak!
Suits me! Lol

Steak
200g chips (2 syn)
Mixed frozen veg
Big mushroom
Pepper sauce (2syns)

Snack wise I have a choice of: oranges apples kiwi fruit grapefruit - carrot sticks, celery, tomatoes, cucumber etc etc!

I'm also going to make pea soup for lunches for the week and also sweet potato bubble and squeak cakes AND small syns with mushroom and caramelised red onion in filo pastry

Oh and the half syn roulade! For my weekendly sweet tooth

Syn wise if needed I have weight watchers cake bars, freddo chocolate, Curley wurly, and small packs of animal biscuits (not to be eaten all at once!!)

Phew!

Oh yeah will take the dog for a long walk ad do day1 of the shred! :)

Emmey1 said:
Plan of attack for tomorrow:

Breakfast

Porridge/oat so simple type thing
Might chop some banana on it?

Lunch - I'm making mini quiches - I LoVE them! So I'll have some with a mix of salad

Dinner - other half has decided despite me planning the week and doing shopping yesterday he wants to go to the butchers on the morning for a big chunk of steak!
Suits me! Lol

Steak
200g chips (2 syn)
Mixed frozen veg
Big mushroom
Pepper sauce (2syns)

Snack wise I have a choice of: oranges apples kiwi fruit grapefruit - carrot sticks, celery, tomatoes, cucumber etc etc!

I'm also going to make pea soup for lunches for the week and also sweet potato bubble and squeak cakes AND small syns with mushroom and caramelised red onion in filo pastr

What are sweet potatoe bubble and squeak cakes ?? How do you make them sound interesting x

Roziee said:
How do you make your cheesy potato pie emmey?

It's from one of the previous two magazines - also on the website:

It's lovely but was a tad dry so it's nice with beans or tomato sauce

ingredients
600g potatoes (Desirée or Maris Piper), peeled and roughly chopped
200g carrots, peeled and finely diced
100g green beans, trimmed and finely diced
one calorie cooking spray
3 large onions, peeled and finely diced
3 eggs
4 tsp dried parsley
200g fat free cottage cheese with onions and chives
salt and freshly ground black pepper
110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish

1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover well. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a skewer, about 20-25 minutes.

2. Meanwhile boil the carrots and green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.

3. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes or until softened.

4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.

5. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth, using a potato ricer if you have one.

6. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, dried parsley and cottage cheese. Add to the potatoes, stir to mix well and season to taste. Add the reserved vegetables and onion mixture to the potatoes and stir well again.

7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for about 35-45 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.

Tip: Make this into four individual pies and reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes.

lynica said:
What are sweet potatoe bubble and squeak cakes ?? How do you make them sound interesting x

Lol Ly - just checking the recipe so I could tell you and just realised it isn't meant to be sweet potato but instead it's meant to be butternut squash lol! And I didn't buy any of that - I have plenty of sweet potato though lollol

Okay well this was it anyway - its on the SW website too - picture looks lovely and I did do normal potato ones once which were nice - ill just use sweet potato and do the same again I think

ingredients
500g butternut squash, peeled and diced
450g potatoes, peeled and diced
200g savoy cabbage, shredded
A bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
Fry Light

1. In a large pan, cook the butternut squash in boiling water for 15 minutes, then add the potatoes the pan for 5 minutes, and then add the cabbage, cook for another 10 minutes, and drain

2. Place the cooked butternut squash, potatoes and cabbage in a bowl with the spring onions and mash well. Using your hands shape the mixture into cakes or use moulds.

3. Heat a non-stick frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat on both sides. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.

Tip: As an alternative, cook the cakes in the oven instead of frying, or grill to crisp them. You could also cook as one large 'cake' in a non-stick baking tin and serve cut into wedges.

Actually think I'll pick up some. Utter it squash tomorrow and just change normal potatoes for sweet potatoes - added to my shopping list along with green tea which I'm going to try drinking three of per day (never tried before)

Thanks huni they sound nice think my girlies would like them too with beans mmmm
I would use sweet potatoe too maybe half of the potatoe and I'm using butternut squash a lot so apart from the cabbage got it all in might make them this week thanks xx made the medetrraian roasted veg soup last night ( from latest mag) I'll let you know if it's nice going have it today before my 11 mile run :)
Have a good weekend xx

Emmey1 said:
It's from one of the previous two magazines - also on the website:

It's lovely but was a tad dry so it's nice with beans or tomato sauce

ingredients
600g potatoes (Desirée or Maris Piper), peeled and roughly chopped
200g carrots, peeled and finely diced
100g green beans, trimmed and finely diced
one calorie cooking spray
3 large onions, peeled and finely diced
3 eggs
4 tsp dried parsley
200g fat free cottage cheese with onions and chives
salt and freshly ground black pepper
110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish

1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover well. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a skewer, about 20-25 minutes.

2. Meanwhile boil the carrots and green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.

3. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes or until softened.

4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.

5. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth, using a potato ricer if you have one.

6. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, dried parsley and cottage cheese. Add to the potatoes, stir to mix well and season to taste. Add the reserved vegetables and onion mixture to the potatoes and stir well again.

7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for about 35-45 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.

Tip: Make this into four individual pies and reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes.

Ohhh so it's like a pie dish of cheesy mash with veg, right? Sounds yum..

Back