A game that i'll win! My journey.

I can't believe you and Corky haven't read the Harry Potter books...my guilty pleasure, I love them!! I am a big reader too, have been known to get through a couple a week when I'm on a roll!! I also loved the twighlight books and the Shopaholic books although I'm not sure I've read them all. A recent read I'd recommend is One Day by David Nicholls, interestingly written,kind of in diary form, follows 20yrs in the life of a couple from graduation on , but you only get one day a year, very moving! I'm also ploughing my way through the Stieg Larsson books (Girl with the dragon tattoo ect) at the mo and the Louisa May Alcott books about the March sisters read the first one when I was very young (Little Women) another good one is Me before You by Jojo Miles....I blubbed lots!!! xxx

I'll NEVER read the HP books Clare.....never in a millions years :D Just not my cup of tea. I had to sit through the first film when my son was a lad, and that was enough HP to see me through to the end of mi life! :8855:

peacedove said:
I can't believe you and Corky haven't read the Harry Potter books...my guilty pleasure, I love them!! I am a big reader too, have been known to get through a couple a week when I'm on a roll!! I also loved the twighlight books and the Shopaholic books although I'm not sure I've read them all. A recent read I'd recommend is One Day by David Nicholls, interestingly written,kind of in diary form, follows 20yrs in the life of a couple from graduation on , but you only get one day a year, very moving! I'm also ploughing my way through the Stieg Larsson books (Girl with the dragon tattoo ect) at the mo and the Louisa May Alcott books about the March sisters read the first one when I was very young (Little Women) another good one is Me before You by Jojo Miles....I blubbed lots!!! xxx

Some great recommendations there PD! I shall gobble them all onto my kindle this evening :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today's food

7.30 breakfast pear and satsuma

Water
Water

Lunch 1pm
Salad
2 rivitas
Fruit salad not sure how much of it I'll get through lol

Dinner - potato skins with onion and cheese and spiced chicken in whole meal pitta

Corkscrew said:
Ooooo like book club? lol

Yes! We can have a weekly meeting to discuss the true meaning of the books along with the characters and how they were portrayed by the author and weather that was his intentions!

Yes! We can have a weekly meeting to discuss the true meaning of the books along with the characters and how they were portrayed by the author and weather that was his intentions!

Oh it will be just like being back in my A level English Lit class :D :8855:

We can deconstruct whole sentences......even paragraphs and really go to town on a discussing our views :D Oh I'm so looking forward to all the enjoyment being taken out of a book again! :8855:

Corkscrew said:
Oh it will be just like being back in my A level English Lit class :D :8855:

We can deconstruct whole sentences......even paragraphs and really go to town on a discussing our views :D Oh I'm so looking forward to all the enjoyment being taken out of a book again! :8855:

I know! I thought there was a different feeling reading books again - that feeling of actually enjoying it!
So who gets to read out loud first, me or you? ;)

I think I'll pass on the reading out loud if it's all the same to you. I'd rather focus all my attention on understanding the big words :D lol

Crappin eck I feel massive lol just had the most yummy dinner though and well within syns so I may feel fat but not guilty lol! I'm not stuffed beyond belief like usual though so don't think I have over eaten

Still looking forward to weigh in Wednesday and once I catch up on the sleep I totally didn't get this weekend I'll be back on the shred!

I should clarify dinner was potato skins with mushroom and I ion and cheese - lovely crunchy skins and some spiced chicken which I plonked in the oven with lemon juice garlic oregano paprika and whatever other spices were to hand lol
Wasn't like I ate a Chinese or pizza or anything ;)

lol sounds yummy :D

My two woke me up a 5.30 this morning playing tug-o-war on the landing with a sock :sigh:

Yesterday morning Millie woke me up at 6am trying to jump onto the bed.......she couldn't quite manage it cos she's a little squirt :D lol

Has your lovely lodger gone now then?

Corkscrew said:
lol sounds yummy :D

My two woke me up a 5.30 this morning playing tug-o-war on the landing with a sock :sigh:

Yesterday morning Millie woke me up at 6am trying to jump onto the bed.......she couldn't quite manage it cos she's a little squirt :D lol

Has your lovely lodger gone now then?

And you just had to join in didn't you :p lol

Aww you need to get her a little ramp so she can just walk right up lol

Yep he's gone to one of our volunteer boarders - they pick em up at 5 and drop em in at 9 for training. Great for those people who want a dog but work so can't have their own / they get one evening and weekends and keep the dogs that don't cope very well in kennels happy - don't evy her tonight though - he's used to sleeping with another dog and he shall be alone sleeping tonight but in sure he'll adjust

Awwww the poor little thing. I bet he wonders where he's going next. Mind I suppose he's used to it :D

I'd have him on the bed with me. That would shut him up :giggle:

I won't be getting Millie a ramp ta v much. I'd never get any sleep cos she insists on laying on my pillow and if my head is in the way, she just lays on it! lol

Corkscrew said:
Awwww the poor little thing. I bet he wonders where he's going next. Mind I suppose he's used to it :D

I'd have him on the bed with me. That would shut him up :giggle:

I won't be getting Millie a ramp ta v much. I'd never get any sleep cos she insists on laying on my pillow and if my head is in the way, she just lays on it! lol

It usually simple that he would come into training and go out to a boarder but as she wasn't free till today and I couldn't leave him in kennels I took him home - he should settle now he's stable

Me thinks Millie is just trying to keep you warm is all - her intentions are good ;)

peacedove said:

I LOVE THE STIEG LARSSON TRILOGYYYYYYY.... Movie? Meh... Not so much, but the books are amazing!

I want them to release the 4th book that he had completed but died before he could publish it.. Mysterious death too..

Corkscrew said:
Ooooo like book club? lol

Yes let's do book club..

What's our first book?

Roziee said:
I LOVE THE STIEG LARSSON TRILOGYYYYYYY.... Movie? Meh... Not so much, but the books are amazing!

I want them to release the 4th book that he had completed but died before he could publish it.. Mysterious death too..

Yes let's do book club..

What's our first book?

The hunger games! lol

I have the first of that set roz - the girl with the dragon tat - not read though but thought the movie was good - expect that one part where even I found it VERY hard to watch - I dread to think how the book describes it

Emmey1 said:
The hunger games! lol

I have the first of that set roz - the girl with the dragon tat - not read though but thought the movie was good - expect that one part where even I found it VERY hard to watch - I dread to think how the book describes it

It's very graphic!

Ok I'll download the hunger games now.. I've finally finished my rubbish book on the way back from work! LOL

Roziee said:
It's very graphic!

Ok I'll download the hunger games now.. I've finally finished my rubbish book on the way back from work! LOL

Yay! Now get corks to get it ;) she won't cause she's reading chick lits :p

Back