A game that i'll win! My journey.

Hello! Not much to say other than I'm still rather poorly, but after having enough today with my 5th day not feeling any better I went to te walk in clinic today and finally been given some antibiotics so I'm really hoping they will kick in soon - she told me I have flu AND tonsillitis which explains why my throat is so so bad!! I can barely swallow

Food has been to plan but it's all been carbs so I'm currently at a weight of 17st 6.5lbs which is 1lb less than my last WI - it's really not good for me to overdose on carbs because I just gain weight, and currently the only easy food I can eat without too much pain is mush or soft stuff like mash potatoes - and pasta, spaghetti, and some low cal ice cream

I'm going to try and lay off the carbs till weigh in Wednesday and see if I can pull out a loss - im happy enough because im really just having my focus on getting better but maintaining my weight is a bonus!

After all that I did slide a piece of warm chocolate cake down my gob - it was my birthday yesterday so it was a bit of birthday cake lol

I'm in no rush to lose weight - i am feeling better and better about how I look so two weeks maintaining this weight isn't an issue - I just want to be healthy again!

Probably update again Wednesday as there's not much else to say
If anyone has any ideas on non carb food I could slide down my gob that'll be great!

I'm going for a bowl of beans or spaghetti hoops for tomorrow lunch - and some strawberries to add to speedy food - watch this space

Hello! Not much to say other than I'm still rather poorly, but after having enough today with my 5th day not feeling any better I went to te walk in clinic today and finally been given some antibiotics so I'm really hoping they will kick in soon - she told me I have flu AND tonsillitis which explains why my throat is so so bad!! I can barely swallow

Food has been to plan but it's all been carbs so I'm currently at a weight of 17st 6.5lbs which is 1lb less than my last WI - it's really not good for me to overdose on carbs because I just gain weight, and currently the only easy food I can eat without too much pain is mush or soft stuff like mash potatoes - and pasta, spaghetti, and some low cal ice cream

I'm going to try and lay off the carbs till weigh in Wednesday and see if I can pull out a loss - im happy enough because im really just having my focus on getting better but maintaining my weight is a bonus!

After all that I did slide a piece of warm chocolate cake down my gob - it was my birthday yesterday so it was a bit of birthday cake lol

I'm in no rush to lose weight - i am feeling better and better about how I look so two weeks maintaining this weight isn't an issue - I just want to be healthy again!

Probably update again Wednesday as there's not much else to say
If anyone has any ideas on non carb food I could slide down my gob that'll be great!

I'm going for a bowl of beans or spaghetti hoops for tomorrow lunch - and some strawberries to add to speedy food - watch this space

Sorry to hear your not well, hope you'll soon be on the mend! Liking the attitude of getting better being the priority and maintaining being the bonus! Hope you managed to enjoy your birthday a little bit. I've been plodding at 1lb a week for a few weeks so i'm trying the lemon experiment from another thread! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow and get well soon.x

Quick visit

Maintained

Not surprised with my erratic and carb filled food - throat has been a teeny bit better today so I'm hoping to see the back of it soon - it gets so sore I currently don't dare swallow due to the pain - last night I fired a decent meal down - need to try and get back into normal eating - luckily I'm not binging on crap food so I'm pleased to maintain as I don't deserve a gain as such

Onwards and downwards!

A maintain when you're poorly is top banana in my book!! Well done Ems :D

Are you feeling any better? Also are you still doing the 30 day shred, i keep thinking I'll give it a go but think it may kill me!!!

brummie66 said:
Are you feeling any better? Also are you still doing the 30 day shred, i keep thinking I'll give it a go but think it may kill me!!!

There's something still not right with my throat - finished my antibiotics but still really sore at times - debating weather to fight the rest off myself or go back to docs - I do *feel* okay tho so can't complain - main thing is I've seemed to been able to maintain my weight over the last two weeks which I'm really pleased with! I'll get back to losing after my holiday next week but if I can maintain over holiday week too - ill be chuffed!

I confess to not doing the shred anymore - but only because I just don't have the time in my day - and really im lucky to do such an active Job that I do get exercise without the shred - still I would highly recommend it! It lost me a chunk of inches and it'll really give you the boost - te day after day 1 hurt - but I'd say if you can push to day three it gets easier from there - I've always been a sporty outgoing type of girl but if anything the shred showed me how my fitness has been effected since the days of being in school and playing sports - give it a go - what's the worse than can happen? Lol you might even surprise yourself!

jo-85 said:
hi ems
hope your ok hunni and had a lovely long weekend. just wanted to pop in and say hi and that im back :)
x

Welcome Back lovely! Hope you had a good time away! x

jo-85 said:
Thanku. I did have an amazing time, sad to be back but that's how it goes, time to book the next one :) hehe x

Yes! Good plan - something to look forward to and to aim for!

I went overboard Saturday and Tuesday with alcohol - but everywhere else food wise I made sure I was crap hot to make up for it - I stuck to speed foods like fruit and salad for breakfast lunches and kept dinners to no syn meals - and I'm pleased to see....

2lb loss for me! I'm so so chuffed with that as I would have been happy with a sts - I'm not usually a heavy heavy drinker - I've probably drank more this weekend than I have all year lol but I guess my main area was keeping food so good to make up for it

Now a sts while I'm at Newquay for the week on Sunday would be lovely!

I went overboard Saturday and Tuesday with alcohol - but everywhere else food wise I made sure I was crap hot to make up for it - I stuck to speed foods like fruit and salad for breakfast lunches and kept dinners to no syn meals - and I'm pleased to see....

2lb loss for me! I'm so so chuffed with that as I would have been happy with a sts - I'm not usually a heavy heavy drinker - I've probably drank more this weekend than I have all year lol but I guess my main area was keeping food so good to make up for it

Now a sts while I'm at Newquay for the week on Sunday would be lovely!
Fab loss, well done hun. :D

Back