A Geeky SW Diary

Geeky Mum

Hi All,

Well I have tried Slimming World before and (I'm sure many do this too!) gave it up thinking I could go it alone.....but I obviously can't!

I have at least 5 stone to lose and a 2 week holiday in Turkey planned for April 2019 so would love to be at my goal by then. But if not.....just a whole lot slimmer and happier with my body. I've always been overweight since I hit around 10 or 11 years old. I think the slimmest I ever was is around a size 14 / 16 when I was in my teens. I think that is why I struggle with weight loss.....I don't know what it's like to be slim and don't know what is an average meal!!

But my husband is a big guy too and wants to lose around 5 stone himself so he's joining with me too! I think this will really help me as in the past he's always said he's happy to eat what I do but has never really got on board with the meal planning or how the diet works. Hopefully this time will be different.

We have two boys at home (and one who is almost 21 and lives in Manchester) aged 9 and almost 12 so I'll be trying to find recipes to fit with the boys too as I can't stand making three different meals every night. I work full time and an currently studying for my CIMA exams so life is super busy. I think planning and prepping at a weekend will be crucial to losing weight.

Nice to "meet" you all and it seems that the diary section is one of the busier areas of the forums so I'll be sure to check out others diaries too :)

Welcome back and good luck! :classic_big_grin:

It really does help when your partner is on board. :classic_smile:

Back