A Good Rant!!

Mrs Wobbly

Hello everyone
I started CD on Monday, i cant put into words how much i find the stuff disgusting and i am constipated :( and all that water!!
Well thats my rant over :) I know i have to stick to this diet for many reasons.
I am 16stone which for my hight of 5ft 4ins is bad.
I am 48 and have been overweight for at least 24 years.
I am a yoyo dieter i lost 3 stone 2 year ago which took me a year to lose with healthy eating then i put it back on, i was so sick of sticking at 13 stone no matter what i did i just couldnt go below it so i gave up.
I have got really bad arthritis in my knee so have been told that the weight isnt helping, i really carry all my weight on my legs and belive me my legs are big if you can imagine a female sumo then thats me :eek: when i lose weight my waist goes small but no matter what i do my thighs will bulge.
Oh and my arms are big too.
And i so want to wear nice clothes again.
So no matter how i feel i have to stick to this diet even for my knee which is so painful :cry:
There now got all that off my chest i really had to write down why i am doing this and to stop myself raiding the cupboard for a kitkat and a milky coffee.
Thank you for reading my rambling
Kate XX

Sorry posted this twice, all the water is going to my brain.

Have merged them so dont worry!

Have you tried ALL of the flavours? Some are beter whizzed round with ice & water to make thick shakes, some are nice cool/cold & others are best hot, mint choc & choc are both good either way. Try to think of water as your friend & drink, then drink more it really helps with the hunger, I always keep a pint glass of water by me.
Have a word with your CDC I'm sure she/he can offer some suggestions on how to improve the taste of the soups/shakes.
Good luck.xxxxx
xxxxsharon

HIya Mrs. Wobbly,

I know it can seem daunting, but I promise you will find flavours that you really like, I cannot stand any of the savoury ones but I have to say that I love, the Chocolate ones and the Fruits of the Forest one warm is lovely, the Capuccino one is lovely made up thin and hot, and drunk slowly.

Good luck with your journey - you will come to enjoy the compliments and the fact that you will get thin real quick.

Hi

I can relate to hating the shakes and the soups, they have a strange after taste, which makes me feel ill. I don't know if you've tried the tetra packs? they are the ready made shakes that just come in chocolate and banana flavour. I live on the chocolate ones and also the bars (which you get in week 3). Obviously doing the diet just on the one flavour can be a bit boring, but they taste so much better, I look forward to them.

Tracey
x

I can relate to not liking the flavours too! I only had the banana tetras and tomato soup and bars all the way through the diet and still managed to lose almost 6 stone so it can be done:)

I also suffered from constipation but can vouch for PH in tablet form, they worked wonders for me. Also always been a yoyo dieter but I have been so impressed by the CD that I know I will never be big again and that's a promise to myself!

Again I can relate to the "big arm" feeling but I do admit mine are better now that I am close to target and have increased the exercise I do...so that may be worth thinking about.

Good luck with your weight loss journey:) :)

Hey hun sorry u arent enjoying it- i switched from LL to CD as found the LL packs disgusting, am much happier with CD. I am still a bit funny with flavours but here are my personal faves:

- choc mint mousse (150ml waters with x1 sachet choc mint and 1 scoup mix a mousse)
-hot choc mint
-banana milkshake
-tomato soup (but it has to be drunk quickly and the mug washed up as the smell afterwards is yucky)

I also love the tetras but not the aftertaste- i use wrigleys extra strips to sort that out. Also I would recommend using water flavourings with mix a mousse and water to make jelly- it is yummy and helps with water consumption! I consumer a litre of water in jelly form for breakfast yesterday :)

My recommended jelly formula:
Ifind that the best formula is 2 scoups mix a mousse, blended with 1 tsp flavourings, then emptied from the blender, which is refilled with 1litre water and powder is then tipped in and blended for 1 min. Make sure you use very cold water to decrease setting time. Also be careful when blending it all together as it can froth up and explode (from personal experience i can claim this!) so do short sharp blends rather than one long one.

Hope this helps you to enjoy cambridge a bit more!

xxx

Hello - we have very similar names!! Not much longer though - let's get rid of the wobble!

I know the first few days are rough but experiment til you mind flavours you like and it will get easier. I live on vegetable soup and chocolate/chocolate mint shakes! Yes, it's a bit boring but I'm thinking of it like medicine to make me thin!!

Try not to get too discouraged - once you see the pounds coming off then you'll be feeling better about it all.

Thank you all for your support, so hungry even the dogs food smells nice.:eek: i am sure i will stick with the diet i always said i didnt want to be fat and 40, now i say dont want to be fat and 50.
Kate XX

There is a plus side to the nasty diet foods (exluding the bars and shocolate tetras ofcourse!!) ... at least the water you wash it down with doesnt taste half as bad!!! hehe
Hope all is well
Lynz xx

Hi Mrs Wobbly

As a fellow nearly 50 ( in june for me so nearer than you) I really liked your post.
Me and you have so much in common, I too have yo yo with my weight for years and I have rhumatoid arthritis (diagonosed 5 years ago and gained 1 stone each year since then bo ho) so my main reason for slimming is my health as to live with permanent pain is no fairground ride !!
I too hate just about everything but if you can find just a few things that you like the results are amazing
Stick with it and we will be amazed at the results
Have you tried the crisps ~ they have saved my life
Also I freeze the banana tetra block and that just taste like banana icecream yummy !!!!
Good luck and keep posting

As you get further into this diet sometimes your taste buds adapt to the taste of the packs, for instance I 1st hated the fruits of the forrest shake but now its the only shake i have.

I also have suffered badly with constipation, its my main problem and I nearly gave up the diet because of it. The physillium husks do help but with me its going to follow me to the end!! I just put up with it and usually have to take laxatives.

Having said that 10 weeks ago I was in a very tight size 20 and now Im able to zip up a size 14 (although not ready to wear as yet) Im in my mid 40s and no way im going to be big at 50. I know after many years of yoyo dieting that I am finally going to suceed.

Keep going and soon you will be reaping the rewars of this diet, the other problems will be a distant memory

Hi Mrs Wobbly

As a fellow nearly 50 ( in june for me so nearer than you) I really liked your post.
Me and you have so much in common, I too have yo yo with my weight for years and I have rhumatoid arthritis (diagonosed 5 years ago and gained 1 stone each year since then bo ho) so my main reason for slimming is my health as to live with permanent pain is no fairground ride !!
I too hate just about everything but if you can find just a few things that you like the results are amazing
Stick with it and we will be amazed at the results
Have you tried the crisps ~ they have saved my life
Also I freeze the banana tetra block and that just taste like banana icecream yummy !!!!
Good luck and keep posting
Thank you SHAZA,i was diagnosed with rhumatoid 12 years ago some days dont want to get out of bed :cry: but its something that i just get on with, the weight dosnt help though plus the menopause, i get mood swing and get on a low because of my weight then when i get down i eat!! (cant win can you ) never mind onwards and upwards i will do it, like i said i refuse to be fat and 50, fat and 40 was enough.
Take Care
Kate

Hi Kate,

Hope you are feeling ok and getting used to SS, have you been weighed yet?

I know what you mean about not getting out of the bed its a nightmare but you and me both know that we have to
I am not toooo bad at the moment as I had injections into both my knees last month and with my weight lose felling much better, I gain alot of pain relief from hydro therapy which I go to once a week and I have been extremely brave and now go to Aquatonic (aerobic in water) and that is helping me keep supple (well supplish any way)
And as for the mood swings dont even get me started on that !!!!!!!!!!!
Going to birmingham tomorrow to meet the girlies for the first time ~ hope to catch you at a meet one day and we can swop walking sticks !!!!!!!

Getting weighed Monday i try to avoid the scales daily because if i go up a pound i go off the diet :( dosnt take much to throw me off course.

I didn't like some of the flavours (personal most hated is Chick & Mush soup BLEUGHHHHHH!!!!!)

But, that said, I found that if I make them up with a whisk rather than the blender the aftertaste bit isn't there - the chemical froth I heard someone else call it. And for me that made a huge difference.

Also, when I started I wasn't a fan, but your tastes DO change on the diet - I haven't drunk coffee in my 33 years of life, bt guess who has now developed a taste for coffee? I actually look forward to my skaes and tetras now - not the biggest fan of soups tho. Also, with the bars chop up & put them in freezer for a half hour - LOVELY, as good as real chewy/choc bars - keep mine for a treat mid afternoon and eve (my wobble points inthe day).

Best of luck, honey, you will get there!

Back