A handy tip for making the perfect colslaw.

susan70

Gold Member
you probably all already do this but my tip is use a veg peeler like the one in the pic to shred the cabbage gives great results as you can see.

Attachments

• CIMG0016.jpg
    CIMG0016.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG0019.jpg
    CIMG0019.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 258
yours looked fab hunni, i think mine was about 99p from asda , you can buy them at any supermarket, just watch your fingers with it.lol.

Any shops that do kitchenwares will sell peelers like that, including Tesco, etc.

And what a good idea! And a good way to make just as much as you need and not a whole mountain of it, as I often do! It's surprising how much cabbage turns into when you shred it!

yours looked fab hunni, i think mine was about 99p from asda , you can buy them at any supermarket, just watch your fingers with it.lol.

Just ordered my selt a good new tin opener from john lewis and a vegetable peeler, as each tin opener i buy wont open cheap tins!

GREAT idea! Thanks for that! I fancy making some coleslaw after seeing all these yummy pics. I made one this week but my cabbage was too thick for my liking so I'll definitely get out the peeler!

Back