A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Well done on this weeks loss hun...... Knew your scales were lying to you lol :) xxx

lol thanks hun! yeah think i should stop checking... but i can't help it:rolleyes:. Got 1.5lb to go now to get my 1 stone award but trying not to dwell on it as that seems to scupper my chances! how are you doing my lovely? xxxx

Hows you today?

not too bad :)

Just about to do battle with some bread dough out of the breadmaker to make buns :)

did your little rascals let you sleep last night?

not too bad :)

Just about to do battle with some bread dough out of the breadmaker to make buns :)

did your little rascals let you sleep last night?

I'm diary hopping here, have just filled you in on your diary lol xxx

lol I answered too, I don't know how you cope, I think I'd be wandering about like a zombie!

Its strange but i think my body has actually gotten used to having very little sleep! I was always a person that needed at least 10 hours so i am very surprised i am not more tired than i am! i do feel it around 6pm though (most hectic time when getting dinner/baths/bed) thats when i usually want to crash lol! xxxx

You can get used to it, but it still won't be ideal longer term. I went through a difficult time a few years back and stopped sleeping, for 2 years I was lucky if I slept 2 hours per night! I guess that was extreme but I think i was on the verge of becoming quite seriously ill because of it. Thankfully I met my husband and he sorted me out :) I think that since then I am now over sensitive about sleep issues, but I forget that I coped fine at the time. I was fine when my son was small too, and I was up every 2-3 hours then, so I guess we just deal with whatever life throws at us, at the time.

have you ever read the baby whisperer? I found some of her approaches helpful with my daughter and still follow a lot of what I remember with my son. It's quite a gentle approach as I'm not one for being too regimental, or leaving them to cry for too long.

You can get used to it, but it still won't be ideal longer term. I went through a difficult time a few years back and stopped sleeping, for 2 years I was lucky if I slept 2 hours per night! I guess that was extreme but I think i was on the verge of becoming quite seriously ill because of it. Thankfully I met my husband and he sorted me out :) I think that since then I am now over sensitive about sleep issues, but I forget that I coped fine at the time. I was fine when my son was small too, and I was up every 2-3 hours then, so I guess we just deal with whatever life throws at us, at the time.

have you ever read the baby whisperer? I found some of her approaches helpful with my daughter and still follow a lot of what I remember with my son. It's quite a gentle approach as I'm not one for being too regimental, or leaving them to cry for too long.

no i've never read that one, maybe i should! i just did the same as i did first time around but hasn't really worked, she knows what bedtime is though and settles fairly well its just the night waking/feeding we need to sort out now!

2 hours a night! that must have been terrible, i get around 5-6 broken hours a night on a good night so that doesn't seem to bad compared to your 2 hours! xxxx

no, it was quite extreme, but the human capacity to just keep going is quite amazing when it's needed. I wouldn't recommend trying it out though lol.

Tracey Hogg was the author of the book, and I liked her style, there was a section of the book devoted to dealing with things like sleep problems, and a host of other things.

Back