A Kindle question

Personally I think a cover is essential, if only to protect the kindle. But I like mine because it makes it feel like I'm holding a proper book in my hands. Without it I think it's a bit cold and sterile.

You can store pdfs and other documents on the kindle either by emailing to yourself (there is a cost for this based on file size) or by hooking it up to your computer and just dragging and dropping. I've started putting recipes on it so I can refer to them while cooking.

I LOVE the idea of recipes on there!! Fantastic!! I'm stealing that one!!!

Jx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didnt realise til last week how many places sell the Kindle now.

Id definitely recommend a case, I got mine on ebay too (£4.99) I prefer not to use it when Im at home, I like the ease of holding it in one hand lol but since it spends so much of its life in my bag I much prefer a case

Sorry for my previous tech speak ;-)

And yes, a cover is essential, but my cheap one from eBay does the job perfectly. All you have to decide is do you want one that opens like a book, or a slip case... Decisions, decisions!

Enjoy your new kindle :)

Still love my books, still buy my books, but love my Kindle app... I read twice as much, because I have a real book on the go and one on my Kindle... When we go to Whitby, I no longer pack a book, but make sure I have a new one downloaded to get my teeth into, sorry about the pun as they are usually Vampyre ones for Whitby goth weekend, wouldn't seem right reading anything else...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I love my Kindle. My OH bought me one for my birthday and case with a pull out light on it. I found it really easy to set up wifi (as long as you know your WEP key for your wireless router) Its got 3g too so when i'm laying next to the pool somewhere, if i fancy a new book i can get one there and then.

I did think about subscribing to a newspaper until i realised it was only the boring financial times etc (boring for me anyway, my intelligence only stretches to The Sun / News Of The World Sunday scandal!)

You will love your kindle too. I've got loads of books at home which i would never get rid of but i'm running out of space. Also when i've read a book, unless its really good, i pass it on to a friend. I find some books i can read over and over again.

Anyway... hope you enjoy your kindle. Only thing to remember is, the battery goes flat on mine if i leave it in a drawer for 3 or 4 weeks (i can never seem to locate the charger! Too many similar Apple chargers lying about lol) :)

Sure its been mentioned but you can download the Kindle app on your iPhone too

Stacey

7dayshop.com for me.

Various options at good prices:)

One thing I am concerned about is when it links to my Amazon account, it shows credit/debit cards with expired expiry dates! what's that all about?

Back