New to SW. Should I attend a meeting or just get books on Ebay since only doing green

Kitty2015

Hi all,

I'm planning on doing SW. For the last week, I have been researching SW. I had planned to attend at least a meeting or two, to get the information and then do it by myself.

However, I've since been reading about the new plan.

I'm a vegetarian and what I have read on here. The green plan is the ideal one for me.
Therefore, to simplify it for me, I rather start the old plan.

Some comments on here, suggest there won't be much support for the green plan anymore.

So my questions are;

1. If I go to a meeting now, will they put me on the green plan or push the new plan instead?

2. Will this years starter pack, still include the green book? If not, will they still give you last years?

3. Are the starter books free at a meeting or an extra fee? ( how much?).

4. Is your plan individually tailored to your height & weight like Weight Watchers? Or can you start following the plan without any personalised requirements?

In a nutshell, since I'm only going to follow the green plan and old system. I'm trying to figure out if I wouod be better off, just buying last years starter books off ebay and do it myself with the help of this forum.

Thanks,
kitty

Hi and welcome to sw!

Yes they'll push all new members to do extra easy I'm afraid. The green plan isn't included in the new literature and is not promoted by consultants any more although syn information is still available on the website. Some members have reported that their consultant has told them they are not allowed to talk about the red and green plans any more sadly.

Starter packs are included in the joining fee so there are no additional charges but the old version of the pack won't be available in class. You could probably get one on eBay if people are ditching them now the plans have changed. And it's the same general plan for everyone, the only area of potential difference is syns. Most people work to between 5 and 15 a day but if you weigh over 16 stone your consultant has the option of giving more, although many don't.

Hi Kitty,
I'm not a consultant but will try to answer as best I can!

1. Whilst they are fading out the red and green plans, I think this may be implemented into the Extra Easy plan now, as of this week!

2. Nope, the green booklet isn't included anymore.

3. Buying membership means you get the starter pack for free. I think signing up to slimming world is free up until January 17th?

4. Nope, your weight and height isn't taken into account, which will be due to the plan not counting calories.

Sorry my answers won't be perfect. The best thing you can do is contact your local consultant. They'll be happy to answer your general questions like the ones above before you become a member.

Personally, I'd recommend attending a group if you can, and seeing what you think. I genuinely look forward to attending group each week. It was really encouraging and inspiring in my first group, hearing everyone's total losses :)

Hi patchwork puss and Matt,

Thank you so much! I will get the old pack off ebay. :)

It might be worth my father joining for free and doing the new plan as he is a meat eater.

Good luck with your meetings Matt :)

kitty

The Green plan is now available for members as a PDF file on the SW website, so if your father joins he could download it for you.

Back