A lipotrim alternative???

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie and I basically discovered about lipotrim a coupl of months back and I became interested, the thing that caught me off guard was how much I would be paying every week. :cry:It's totally out of my budget, but I really wanted try this out. So I was wondering if I could try the shakes from the Tesco light choices range and follow the same scheme as lipotrim by drinking three a day with no meals. Is it possible to maybe still get the same results or is that an ultimate no-no.

hey
i have absolutely no idea, you would think that it would work in a similar way. as far as i know i think LT has about 450? calories in a whole days worth of shakes... you would have to definitely check the content of the other. also LT works by getting your body in ketosis so that your burning fat, the tesco ones may not necessarily do that even though it would be a low cal diet. ummm.. im sure someone will be along soon to give you better advice.

one thing i will say tho is that when i first started LT i didnt think i would continue because i thought it was a bit too expensive but when i saw the results i thought it was well worth every penny. also think about the food shopping you would cut out when your on the diet (unless you have family) LT is a very very good diet and it has some amazing results but you are right, it is quite pricey

I think the Tesco ones are more similar to Slim fast. They won't put you in ketosis so you'd always be starving if you totally replaced food. I think you are supposed to have a dinner.
Tesco do do a 'carb control' shake though for 99p which will keep you in ketosis. I've had them before when I was out and about and desperate.
Even so, 99p x 3 times a day is still £21 a week and I'm not sure they will have the RDA of vitamins and minerals that LT has.
I agree with FBTB about the cost of food shopping. I can easily spend £100 on food shopping so LT seems a bargain!

If you think about the money you are saving on food, it actually works out alot cheaper. Something like £1.05 per meal it works out.

Ok I do believe that lipotrim would be the best decision, I just might have to start later on in the year, when my funds are up. I'm just a poor old student, lol. However, I will continue to post here on minimins because everybody has posted such inspiring stories, which really bring me so much hope.

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie and I basically discovered about lipotrim a coupl of months back and I became interested, the thing that caught me off guard was how much I would be paying every week. :cry:It's totally out of my budget, but I really wanted try this out. So I was wondering if I could try the shakes from the Tesco light choices range and follow the same scheme as lipotrim by drinking three a day with no meals. Is it possible to maybe still get the same results or is that an ultimate no-no.

Im not familiar with the Tesco light choices range, but all I will say is you must do any diet to what the manufactures reccomend/suggest and not change it.
Is it really out of your budget considering what you are saving not buying junk food, snacks, drinks, alcohol, shopping etc.
I can only speak on a personal level and when I did LT last year I think it was about £4000 i'd saved just by doing LT;)

Yeah, as everyone elase has said it is not recommended to use other shakes in the same way as lipotrim unless they are specifically designed to be used that way. Bear in mind that lipotrim has been specifically developed and medically researched to be a safe way to lose weight by providing all the required nutrients in an extremely limited calorie allowance whilst your body is in ketosis.
I also agree that you'll save quite a bit of money from not having to buy food items during the time you're on lipotrim. Think of all the money that gets spent on lunches, eating out, snacks, drinks, etc.
Wishing you success on your journey! :)

All I can say its worth every penny, with good losses and afantastic feeling that you can actually achieve weight loss!! Goodluck in whatever you decide.XX

hey lou.. yeah ive heard that too... but there are some docs who completely slate the diet others who think its great. my dr thinks its great and says i look really good etc etc.. but she wouldnt support me and do my weigh ins etc because the surgery on the whole didnt want to get involved in the program. i guess you could try asking your doc, no harm in that and if you can get it cheaper then brill x

I would say that the Tesco shakes, as others have pointed out, are like Slimfast therefore defo containing sugar- which wouldn't put you into ketosis. However, if you reckon you could go to 21 squidlies per week, why not check out LT's website and start their maintenance programme? It costs £11 for 7 items, of which you would need 2 (to replace 2 meals per day) which would cost obviously £22 per week. You would lose the weight more slowly than if you did the whole hog- but this could be in preparation for the LT train later in the year. I have been using these products since my refeed and they have helped me to maintain, but I know that following the refeed info they can also help you to lose as well! Just a thought xx

I was on slimfast for two weeks and gained so it defintely wont put ya into ketosis and as everyone else has said I am sure tescos is the same!! If ya count the pros and cons of buying the product and getting groceries in ya will find that ya are spending the same amount on just rubbish and think that ya will lose loads in the long run as well. Theres always the maintenance program which allows ya one meal and two shakes and costs less but ya wont lose as much and personally i would rather go to ww and pay £7 a week to lose 2lbs rather than pay £22. Anyways its up to you, count up your shopping for one week and then decide after that week, it may surprise ya

Back