A little advice?

katie25

Hi guys,
I started taking xenical this week and have completely changed my diet (i'm a terrible snacker especially with chocolate, but I've managed to avoid it since taking the tablets!) I've also been doing quite a lot of exercise this week which I never used to.

I've been eating things like weetabix or wholemeal toast, jacket potatoes, pasta, low fat yoghurts and some fruit. I read online that's the kind of things to have. I've had no side effects until today (oily stool). Does this mean I'm not eating the right foods?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi have a look at the extra help for xenical starters explains every thing! :)

Even if I have a good few days I sometimes get an oily ring round the loo. If I have a bad day I don't see The "Tango" effects until the next day, or the one after that even lol.. So could be what you ate 2-3 days ago?

Anyway welcome!

Hiya. I'm in my first week of Xenical too. Day 4. I'm a bit confused about suffering side effects 2-3 days after you've eaten something bad. When i collected the pills from the chemist, the pharmacist told me they only work on the meal that you take them with. Is this wrong?

As far as I understand yes they do, but so not to get side effects you need to stick to the rules.. See the post for xenical starters

Welcome and good luck :)

NEPriest said:
Hiya. I'm in my first week of Xenical too. Day 4. I'm a bit confused about suffering side effects 2-3 days after you've eaten something bad. When i collected the pills from the chemist, the pharmacist told me they only work on the meal that you take them with. Is this wrong?

It also depends on how fast your metabolic rate is.. For me it 24/30 hours after I have eaten some thing not in the rules that I see evidence in the loo (sorry to be a bit graphic)

Hope that helps..

Xenical works with each meal yes but, it stays in your system for up to 72 hours, so everyones reaction times can be up to a few days later or within a few minutes of eating...also what you've had to eat over the days before starting the Xenical can have effects.

An oily poo is common with Xenical,as are loose poo's a proper tango effect will literally splatter your whole toilet pan orange and it will be greasy and will probably take some shifting, not to mention what's actually in the toilet...it sounds like to me, you haven't had a proper tango visit, of you stick to the rules you'll be fine, but remember your bowel movements will change.

Back