A little bit of guidance please (SW)

LisaLinda

Hello guys!
I am new to SW and I am doing it on my own I bought the typical slimming world books and did a lot of research.
My current weight is 60 kg and I want to go down to 55kg I know it does not sound like I have to loose a lot but I have been in such bad habits over so many years now I thought I need something to break through my bad habits.
Me and my husband are planning to have a baby soon so thought it is good to try to eat healthier in order not to put too much on during pregnancy and of course loosing weight helps me to feel more attractive which helps the bad-making-process😁
My goal is to go running at least twice a week ( if possible 3 times a week) as I run at work around like a stressed out chicken find any energy for physical exercise is so hard.
Apart from that I am trying to give myself 5 syns a day (if I feel really naughty 10 syns) -my problem is really that I feel so guilty if I even just use 3 syns ...
I shouldn't right? The syns are there to help us not to fall into bad habits and to allow us to enjoy food right? So with 5 sons per day and sometimes up to 10 syns I should be able to achieve my goal or not? Sometimes this hole system just sounds to good to be true 😅
Many many thanks for any answers!!

Lisa

Last edited:
Hello guys!
I am new to SW and I am doing it on my own I bought the typical slimming world books and did a lot of research.
My current weight is 60 kg and I want to go down to 55kg I know it does not sound like I have to loose a lot but I have been in such bad habits over so many years now I thought I need something to break through my bad habits.
Me and my husband are planning to have a baby soon so thought it is good to try to eat healthier in order not to put too much on during pregnancy and of course loosing weight helps me to feel more attractive which helps the bad-making-process😁
My goal is to go running at least twice a week ( if possible 3 times a week) as I run at work around like a stressed out chicken find any energy for physical exercise is so hard.
Apart from that I am trying to give myself 5 syns a day (if I feel really naughty 10 syns) -my problem is really that I feel so guilty if I even just use 3 syns ...
I shouldn't right? The syns are there to help us not to fall into bad habits and to allow us to enjoy food right? So with 5 sons per day and sometimes up to 10 syns I should be able to achieve my goal or not? Sometimes this hole system just sounds to good to be true 😅
Many many thanks for any answers!!

Lisa
Hi Liisa, welcome!!!
I am doing SW too. They say 5-15 syns per day. So at least 5 is recommended. The syns are there so you do not feel guilt and do not feel deprived. I usually have minimum of 8 up to 12. Some days I use them all. I do not use syns during the day and keep them for the evening for treats.
The magic of SW is food optimising, 1/3 of all meals should be speed (although not always possible). Then you have got your healthy extras too. I have found that I adjust according to my body and lifestyle, and you will find a way to suit you too. My focus at the moment is upping my activity level, my losses have been very small and it has taking a long time to get off, but I have stuck with it and going to continue to do so.

Keeping a food diary seems to be very effective, it keeps you accountable and you can see what you are doing right or wrong and can tweak it accordingly. I wish you very good luck!!!

Hello mistyangel:)
Thanks for your reply! I think just needed to be reassured I am doing this right -thank you!
Just on day 4 but sticking to it and hopefully getting some results at some point 👍
I just try to go running on every day off now:)
Thanks for your support !

Lisa

Hi welcome along. Anything between 5 and 15 syns a day is great. Try not get into any sort of routine, as sometimes this can stall or slow down losses. For example, keeping low on your syns as routine. I find it keeps things moving if I sometimes have my full allowance, and once a week I sometime even go over it a bit. You'll get to know what works for you x

Back