A little bit worried..

im on green days whats not following the plan????????

You are following the Green Plan properly, in that all the foods you mentioned are free on it, however, it is recommended on all plans to eat 1/3rd of your plate as superfree foods, and to stop when you are satisfied. Technically, it could be seen that by overeating to the point you were stuffed you have not followed the plan, but its a stretch and you would hardly be the frist or last to do it.

I would suggest that maybe if you were stuffed on that much pasta then maybe pasta doesn't agree with you?

(Sorry if that was too waffly and skirted around the issue too much for some people)

kingleds said:
You are following the Green Plan properly, in that all the foods you mentioned are free on it, however, it is recommended on all plans to eat 1/3rd of your plate as superfree foods, and to stop when you are satisfied. Technically, it could be seen that by overeating to the point you were stuffed you have not followed the plan, but its a stretch and you would hardly be the frist or last to do it.

I would suggest that maybe if you were stuffed on that much pasta then maybe pasta doesn't agree with you?

(Sorry if that was too waffly and skirted around the issue too much for some people)

Couldn't agree more my lovely, I didn't get why OP wasn't following the green plan either! Xxx

If you're snacking on fruit and veg between meals then of course you won't want to eat a big meal. Appetite varies day to day, and you should be varying your meals, just to get some balance to your diet. Try adding a handful of halved cherry tomatoes to this dish. Even if the green plan doesn't specify 1/3 fruit and veg you need it for health reasons, preventing cancer is a proven benefit.

Please see http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html as it doesn't say on here that you should have a 3rd of your plate full of superfree foods only on extra easy and thats not the plan i am on. yes i am going it alone and try to use this place as support, on the leaflets and books i have none of them say this either??

If anyone has any evidence please let me know, i may be wrong ?

Please see http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html as it doesn't say on here that you should have a 3rd of your plate full of superfree foods only on extra easy and thats not the plan i am on. yes i am going it alone and try to use this place as support, on the leaflets and books i have none of them say this either??

I think what everyone is trying to advise, is for you to have a more 'balanced' diet, by adding in more salad/veggies to your daily meals. Even if you weren't following any eating plan it is recommended to eat a healthy balanced diet of carbs, proteins, fat, viitamins, mineral etc.
Do you have a diary on here (Im sure its been asked before) & maybe we could have a look for you & give you some tips. There's no shame in asking for help/advice ref your nutritional needs.....we are all here to help :)

If you want to have a balanced diet you should always try and have 1/3 superfree with your meals, no-one is telling you off just advising you! :)

If you want to have a balanced diet you should always try and have 1/3 superfree with your meals, no-one is telling you off just advising you! :)

No i didn't think that i just wanted to know what was right and wrong, i know i need to add more vege and fruit in to my diet i am going to start next week to have it with every meal :)

I've just sat though the new members talk again (for reasons which will become apparent for anyone who follows my diary) My consultant said you should try & eat 1/3rd Superfree regardless of the plan you are on. It's a recommendation only on all plans. Not a rule, but is generally more important on extra easy.

But as said, It's just a good idea to eat fruit & veg Hun x

I dont know why the veg thing is crossed out on that post. You are supposed to have 1/3 superfree on ALL plans, its just less strictly enforced on Green/Original as you're already limiting your free foods in other ways. Green Plan, p. 14: "Remember to fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Foods".

You might not like veg but losing weight isn't supposed to be a party, we have to do things we might not particularly enjoy. There are loads and loads of threads on here about getting superfree foods into your meals without them being just a lump of veg in the side of your plate.

Sorry to be blunt hun, but theres no point skirting around it, its tough trying to lose weight, but you CAN do it if you make yourself. It isn't going to happen all on its own though.

Ive read quite a few of your posts over the months, you keep coming back and trying again. But in all honesty in my opinion from what Ive seen of your diaries you just dont eat enough and you dont eat enough of the right things. If you stick to the plan you will lose weight. But you DO have to stick to it. That means eating enough and eating what it says on the plan, without trying to get around it by avoiding doing things you dont like.

You can do it if you try, you know that x :)

No i didn't think that i just wanted to know what was right and wrong, i know i need to add more vege and fruit in to my diet i am going to start next week to have it with every meal :)

Why not start today? :)

ermintrude said:
I dont know why the veg thing is crossed out on that post. You are supposed to have 1/3 superfree on ALL plans, its just less strictly enforced on Green/Original as you're already limiting your free foods in other ways. Green Plan, p. 14: "Remember to fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Foods".

You might not like veg but losing weight isn't supposed to be a party, we have to do things we might not particularly enjoy. There are loads and loads of threads on here about getting superfree foods into your meals without them being just a lump of veg in the side of your plate.

Sorry to be blunt hun, but theres no point skirting around it, its tough trying to lose weight, but you CAN do it if you make yourself. It isn't going to happen all on its own though.

Ive read quite a few of your posts over the months, you keep coming back and trying again. But in all honesty in my opinion from what Ive seen of your diaries you just dont eat enough and you dont eat enough of the right things. If you stick to the plan you will lose weight. But you DO have to stick to it. That means eating enough and eating what it says on the plan, without trying to get around it by avoiding doing things you dont like.

You can do it if you try, you know that x :)

That's what I wanted to say.

Back