A little help please

Jillywags

Hi all
Im new to the forums and to SW only started last Thursday but am gutted at only losing 1lb this week.
Am I doing it wrong?? below is a sample of my daily menu but I am struggling to get my syns in dont really know what to have as dont have a sweet tooth.
Hope you guys can help me.

B- 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

Mid Morn - Lots of fruit (so far today 2 bananas and 2 satsumas)

L- Large salad (lettuce, carrott, egg, cucumber) and chicken breast
Melon
Muller light

Mid afternoon - 2 satsumas

D - Grilled salmon with cauli, broccoli and carrotts
Melon

Syns - Kit kat

It looks like you could do with bulking out your meals a bit, whilst you're getting lots and lots of superfree foods in (which is good), it looks like you're day is all a bit light on the free food front. Also, syns wise don't be afraid to use all 15! there are lots of people on here who had better losses when they used all their syns. it doesn't have to be sweet stuff, you can use it on anything.

Don't be too despondent though, while most people have big losses in their first week, it's also quite common to start slowly - so long as it's coming off is the most important thing.

My syns never go on sweet stuff, i use mine up on sauces, dressings and the occasional glass of wine or extra cheese!!
How about adding some sultanas to your cereal?
Salad dressing to your salad or Mayonnaise?
A couple crackers and cheese for supper?

Bee x

Thanks for that Jen. I suppose it just takes some getting into. I have been reading the food diaries and trying to get some tips from there. Anothing thing that I have been doing and I dont now if this is OK is that on an EE day or a red day I have been snacking on packs of ham or chicken (when I have felt hungry). Can I really have as much as I want at any time of the day? not just at meal times.

You are better off choosing superfree snacks instead of free food, so fruit and veg and not ham or chicken.
You can have this though, it's just SW advise to try to use superfree first.

I would most definitely say add a banana to your cereal and try to have less as a snack - do you really need 2 bananas and 2 satsumas between breakfast and lunch?
Maybe try to make your meals bigger so you snack less.

If you don't want to use your syns on treats then why not have some seeds or nuts or dried fruit or olive oil?

Did you hand a food diary in to your consultant? They are there to help :)

Defo agree with jenny, bulk ot yer meals, I would be chewing my arm off if I only ate that! lol Also use your syns in your cooking. I use at least 3-5 on my meals. Like tonight's meal I am using 4, because I am synning chorizo sausage and 100ml of white wine. I love my food to taste good, and so using my syns on them, is to me, a really good thing! If I love my food, then I love my new lifestyle and it doesn't seem like a chore then init. :)

Thanks guys. I will take on board what you say and try adding the syns into my meals. For instance I do like full fat salad cream cant stand the lite stuff so there are some I can use there as I have a salad most days for lunch.

Yes I would say you're not eating enough, great isn't it? Don't worry, you won't take in everything the first few weeks, if you were learning another language then you would be fluent in a couple of weeks would you? I get a stack of baking potatoes every week from the local veg shop .Sometimes I have one both at lunch and tea.

Thank you. You are right - it is very confusing to start with. I'll keep studying my books in an evening and hopefully it will become second nature. But to be honest being on this site is helping me more. You cant get a better explanation than from those people that are doing it can you.

Don't be disappointed with just a lb loss in your first week. I've only ever lost 1/2lb or llb most weeks since I started last July but I'm now nearly at my (reduced) target of 1.5 stone off - just llb to go.

If it comes off slowly it's more likely to stay off.

Agree with others you don't seem to be eating much.

Denise

Back