a little low!!!!

A Better Me

Silver Member
:sigh: hi every1, just though id come on here as you guys are the only people that understand fully what i`m goin through,
I`m feeling a little low and have been for the past couple of days to be hinest,
i feel like im never goin to reach my goal(although i no in my head i will).. i have loads of people telling me that i should stop now that i`v lost enough, and i dont want to go 2 far with it, this i dont want to hear when im only just over half way..
my husband is very supportive and tells me 2 ignore them but it`s hard not to listen...
sorry to be a moaning min i no it`s just a low day but i find myself thinking of eating too, which i wouldnt do as i havent cheated once since being on lt but my mind keeps wandering and im imagining what it would taste like.........

Aw Claire,,,there are so many "good minded" people out there, but really they dont want to see you succeed.

You have done incredibly well in a short space of time, so dont give up.

You know, what you are feeling, etc is only to be expected. Food has played such a big part in our lives....in fact, it almost controls it with celebrations, being sad, comfort, oh, anything in fact!!! Food will never go away, that I suppose is the good thing and when you get to your goal weight (WHICH YOU WILL), then you can start to eat it again, but with healthier choices.

So long as you have the support of your OH that is the most important thing. If it was him saying to come off it, it would be tough..but he knows how important it is to you.

If you are like us all, yo-yo dieter, then you will have been at this crossroads many times before! ALMOST THERE!!! Then give up! I know I have....and this is the time when you prove yourself and others that you can do this...say another 2 months and you will be at goal, but dont look at it like that.....

At the beginning I used to take one week at a time. In fact, my first week I said to the pharmacist that I didnt think I would manage another week, but every weigh in spurred me on and here I am still wanting to get to my goal. If it helps, why dont you do your goals in smaller chunks, like SarahLou does....she does then in 20lb lots...maybe you could do yours in 10lb lots and then reassess every time you get to that point.

But, you are doing so well and no one said it was going to be easy.....it is tough, but the rewards far outweigh eating....that will come, it is only for a short time that you wont be eating and then you will be....see this as a great opportunity to get to know yourself better and how food figures in your life.

It is ok to feel low.......and at least you have come on here and told us and you will no doubt get a whole load of love, help and support to get you through it.

Take care sweetie and you really are getting there and done incredibly well...you should be so proud of your achievements so far!

Hey - don't listen to all those people saying you have lost enough - only YOU know what enough is!

You are in a similar place to me, about halfway through and a similar amount to lose. I have had a crap week (my fault) but remain positive and determined to get to my ultimate goal. Time is relative - one day soon you will be as slim as you want to be :)

Sounds like your hubby is a wonderful support.

I can understand your lowness though - but you need to reach YOUR goals. for YOU. it doesn't matter what the people who think you've lost enough, it's how YOU feel that you have to give priority to.

you set your goal for a reason and I for one would urge you to stick to it. your sense of accomplishment will be so much greater because you achieved something you targetted.

Good luck!

you are over half way through! dont listen to them!!!! If you feel like you need to lose more weight go for it - only you can decide when you are ready to stop.

We all have down days, all wonder what its guna taste like again but keep pulling through, you dont have long left :)

I'm feeling similar to you; as if I won't reach my goal even though I'm so close! But, you've done so incredibly well & of course, we know in reality, if we stay on LT we will definitely get there, no way we couldn't!

Ultimately, you're losing weight for yourself, aren't you? & no one's opinion of what's "enough" is important - only what you're happy with! So carry on until you're satisfied & don't listen to them. People react strangely to people losing weight - I think the idea of the you they know changing alarms them & they try to make you fit what they think is your role. I know that I was told I looked "emaciated" when I was still about 13.5 stone! Maybe if I was 8ft that'd be true...;-)

I hope you feel better about things soon! :)

Hannah

Aw Claire,

Sorry you're feeling low. I think we all have times where we're feeling a bit depressed and it doesn't help to have people telling us we should come off it.

I think you have incredibly well and you WILL get to goal- you're well over half the way there hun! Remember the reason you gave yourself that goal....remember the feeling of unhappiness that drove you to LT in the first place. Remember that you're doing it for you and IMAGINE how amazing you'll feel when you've achieved your goal too- it will be so worth sticking with it.

Well done for coming on here and being honest about how you're feeling- it takes a lot of courage to open up...and I hope that expressing your emotions helps a little.

We're all here for you and are backing you all the way!

xxx

oh hun sorry to hear you so low. You will reach your goal and get to the weight you want and feel comfortable at. Its only too easy for people who are used to seeing us large to dictate what we should get to and when to stop. Most of the time it is only because they are concerned and with not knowing the ins and outs of the programme, seeing us lose such a large amount in a short time can lead them to questioning our welfare.

Fact is, its your body hun and you get to a weight you feel comfortable at and reasure your loved ones that you will not be going below a healthy weight.

To be thinking of food is only natural as your body has gone so long without it, remember food will still be here when your off lt, except at that time it will be about making healthy choices that will leave you feeling wonderful and full of life and most importantly very PROUD about what you have achieved on and off the programme :D

So chin up hun, tommorow is a new day and everyday on LT is bringing you one step closer to goal. xxx

Ultimately, you're losing weight for yourself, aren't you? & no one's opinion of what's "enough" is important - only what you're happy with! So carry on until you're satisfied & don't listen to them. People react strangely to people losing weight - I think the idea of the you they know changing alarms them & they try to make you fit what they think is your role. I know that I was told I looked "emaciated" when I was still about 13.5 stone! Maybe if I was 8ft that'd be true...;-)

I hope you feel better about things soon! :)

Hannah
Hannah i think your right, iv always been the fat one out of all my family and friends and maybe they cant accept the fact that i`m not going to be the fat one to take the mick out of now (not that they always did but sometimes).. my huby thinks that some are even jealous who knows !!!!

Can i just say a massive thank you to you all, i know by coming on here and telling you how i feel that i would get great support...
I`m NOT going to give up, i know it is just an off day and il get over it...and i know i will because iv got great people like all of you for support ... thank you xx

Back