A Mandy Journey - there and NEVER back again!

Oh I'm still in my group. Trust me, I need it. I left for a few months and only managed to maintain by having a good week/bad week thing going on. If I were to leave again, I'd lose the plot haha. My Mum joined with me last week, but she's having a bit of a hard time getting her head around it, so I sat down this evening and done her out a 5 day menu, with breakfast, lunch and dinner laid out, color coded into free, superfree and hex's. I also done her up a shopping list. But I'm betting she'll have some excuse ready for why she can't eat such-and-such or she couldn't possibly buy all those ingredients. She won't understand that the bulk of it (the herbs, spices, sauces, and such) she won't have to buy again for ages. Slimming World IS expensive, but she'll be saving on take-aways and rubbish!
I wish I'd had someone to do this for me when I started, but I walked into that group by myself and had nobody around me for support for ages....until I found this site, and you lovely lot!

Had a good day today. Not great, but not bad either. I missed breakfast, and that's why it wasn't great. But I was just so busy cleaning that it never struck me to feed myself until around lunch time, by which time I was STARVING. Good job I had a Slender Choice ready meal (chicken curry - 2 syns) in the freezer. It was delish, and filling, and it included the 1/3 SF. Dinner was a Tesco southern fried chicken fillet (7 syns) with SW chips seasoned with jerk, and processed peas...I just LOVE the processed peas, and since starting SW I've not really had them, since they're not SF. So I had no SF with dinner (naughty me!).
Planning on a cuppa in a minute with two Alpen Light bars to finish off the evening.

Tomorrow is WI! Woot! Wonder if the scales will be kind?! I think I'll bag up the ingredients for soup and make it in my mother's in the morning, since I'll be there from 9.45am until I have to pick Fia up from playgroup at 12.30pm. Plus she'll get the added benefit of seeing how it's made and I'll even split it with her lol

Actually, today wasn't so bad. I'm still in good form, and still "there" in my mind. I have let the water slip a bit though, only managed about 2 pints today, which isn't good enough. Tomorrow!!!

Sw is expensive when you start because you have to stock up. But when things are on offer like alpens or mullers you can buy more and save in the long run. And 20 jars of herbs and spices that cost you 20 qiid will last 6 months and makes all the difference plus with sw you can batcj cook so easy and every 6 weeks she vould have enough meals in the freezer to last that week and she would only need to pick up perishables and fruit and veg.

Your mum needs to try to look at it as a longtern forever lifestyle change rather than a short term thing as sw is expensive short term but over the long termbis beru economical xx

My thoughts exactly! I hope she comes around eventually. Her Xmas present was a countdown, and if she's not going to do it right, I could have bought myself one instead lol

Good luck for tomorrow love. Parents are there to drive us mad, I swear. I look forward to annoying Nate like this.

Hi Mandy, Great diary, sounds like you are doing really well. Loved that phrase you used in one post - 'if you really want to lose weight, you'll make changes, if you don't you'll make excuses!' - so true! might have to pinch that one for the front of the fridge!

Re your mum and butter, do you have lakeland over there? If so, you can get Butter Buds, which are half a syn each - it's a little sachet of powder which tastes a bit like butter - you can stir it through your mash. Some people swear by them, but like you, I've gone right off the taste of too much butter.

Good luck for WI x

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update my diary last night, but I was like an extra in a zombie movie, after 4 hours sleep the night before, so I ended up in bed by 8.30pm.
So I went to WI yesterday and managed a loss of 3.5lb. Not as much as I usually manage on a restart, but a great loss nonetheless. Now out of the 15s and back into the 14s. Hoping for another good loss this week, and to be back in the 13s in no time! After WI yesterday it was a bit of a fight with myself not to have a treat night like I used to. So I settled for two cookies with a tbsp of nutella in the middle lol. It took the edge off my craving for sweeties and still allowed me to stay in control.
My Mum lost 3lb too, and that was with two nights out. She was a bit iffy, as she's heard of my 5-6lb losses when restarting, but at the same time she knew she wasn't doing it 100% (a missed meal here and there, and just not eating enough all round!), and when I explained it to her she was actually happy and I could see a little light called Determination spark in her eyes. I've given her a menu plan for the week ahead, and two recipe books as well, so she is armed and ready.
Not half as many people stayed to group this week as did last week, so I'm thinking the initial January rush is over. And thank God for that. The way I look at is our Consultant has more time to spend on the dedicated slimmers now, rather than the resolution slimmers.

Hi Spanx, thanks for the reply and the thoughtful advice. Unfortunately we don't have that store here, but I know you can get those butter buds on ebay. I never bothered with them, and I'm not even going to mention them to my Mum lol.
She'll get the hang of it, eventually. It always takes time to wrap your head around the SW plan... it is all very confusing when you start up. But within the month she'll know what syns are in her favourite foods, and she'll be flying. I've been on (and sometimes off!) SW since Sept. 2011, so I know it like the back of my hand. She will soon!

Well today is a really bad day in Mandy Land for food. It's the day before the food shop, so we're really down to the bare minimum. I think I've got one Alpen Light bar left, which will be my treat later. I'm up too late to worry about breakfast, so I'll just hang on another hour and have a nice lunch instead. I've a tin of Tesco Irish Stew in the press that's been begging me to eat it all week haha. Dinner is a horse of a different colour. I have some LM sausages in the freezer which I might just use up with some chips and veg. The kids will be having freezer surprise lol (a mix of everything left over in the freezer - nuggets, fish fingers, wedges, waffles, that kind of thing).

It's a horrible day, weather-wise here, and for some reason that always makes me feel so lazy about everything.

Well done on the loss babes! That's fab, and awesome that your mum lost too :)

Totally know what you mean about feeling lazy when the weather is pants, I have the 'get up and do something, NO IT'S CRAP OUT!' head argument a lot :D

Hope your day has been good and roll on shopping delivery tomorrow ay!! Xx

Had a good food day today, despite there being slim-pickings in the house lol. Ended up having poached eggs on toast with flora light for lunch (4 syns) and a big plate of home-made stew and mash for dinner. I'm gonna have that Alpen Light bar in a while with a cuppa. Which will leave me at 7 syns for the day. Not too shabby.
Haven't really done much today apart from the cleaning, the laundry and the cooking. It was a real lazy day. Tomorrow is food shop day though, and Thursdays are always busy. To start, I have a 1.5mile walk to Fia's playgroup, and then go back up the town to meet my mother, and then back down to pay the bills, and then back up for the bus to the Tesco Extra (it's miles away), that place is mahooosive, so it'll take about two hours to get walk around it. By the time I get home and get it all put away I'm fit for nothing lol.
Knitting group is on tomorrow night, but not sure whether I'll go or not. I don't want to be tempted into spending silly syns on alcohol afterward when I'm so in the zone. What I might do is just have a really nice dinner and sit down to a movie with my man. Might even spend some syns on a wispa bar :p
Feeling very good about not having a treat night last night. It was the best (although difficult) decision to make. I have 8 weeks until the Confirmation, which is really no time at all, and I want to lose as much as possible between now and then. 2 stone would be wonderful! Although that's probably hoping for a bit much lol. Even to get back to where I was before Xmas, 13st 13lb, would be fab!

Anyway, I'm not taking another treat day until the Confirmation. Now I've said it, I have to stick to it lol

Jeez! I'm tired just reading your day!
What did make me laugh was when you said about knitting club. I thought, ooh what a good distraction to stop you thinking about food. And then you mentioned alcohol?! What is it, knit one, pearl one, down one?! :D xx

Hahaha Minks, I snorted my tea when I read that! No haha, knitting club is on from 6.30pm til 8pm, and then myself and my new friend usually head to the pub for "one or two" that usually turns into five or six! There was one night I didn't stumble home until 6am!

Fran, I'm glad I've bitten the proverbial bullet and gotten rid of treat night too. Don't get me wrong, I will still have something nice, just on a small-scale rather than a big one. Like my two cookies with nutella last night. I got a little of what I wanted without going mad.

Jo -- that mad busy day? It's tomorrow's plans lol today I've not done much at all, apart from house-wifery and bits and bobs of crochet lol
I'm in the process of learning to knit as well... it's soooooo sloooooowwwww.. Crochet is a hundred times faster!

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday as I was busy doing up orders for headbands/earwarmers. I love being busy.
So yesterday was manic up until lunch time when I got home with the shopping. I kind of went a little mad with the food shop yesterday and ended up spending over 200 euro! Won't be doing THAT again!
I actually used all of my syns last night, which felt odd, on one of those new Mars bars and a pack of Treble Crunch crisps. But I still had my B choice, so I also had two Alpen Light bars and a Muller Light. It felt like a right pig out!

I also started taking some tablets called Bladderwrack as they're supposed to give you a bit more energy and help you sleep at night. Apparently they also help with weight loss, but I'm not convinced. Wait and see, I suppose. I just hope they can help me with the sleep and energy issues. Tired of being tired!

Hubby has followed some silly internet instructions on how to clean out your playstation (with a hoover?!!) and now it won't work....typical. I give him the space of a day before he loses the rag! And when he's going around like a bear with a sore head, it'll no doubt put me in bad form lol

Today, I got up and done the 3 mile round trip to collect Fia from playgroup (himself dropped her down this morning) and bought some more yarn for orders. I need to get these done asap, as I'm actually now broke after spending so much on the food shop...haha.

Well, no rest for the wicked. Back later!

wow, good luck on your first brilliant weight loss =] i have been reading your whole diary and your doing really well! you will get rid of the xmas weight before you know it and you will look amazing for your daughters confirmation =] a 3 mile round trip! wow that sounds tiring... go you for doing it though... i look at the weather outside and think...nahhhh haha. im the same as you the weather puts a downer on everything was meant to start the c25k but the SNOW messed up my plans. these alpen bars everyone is talking about them... are they really that good? lol these tablets your taking are they tablets you have just brought for yourself or been given by the doctor because i feel like i never have any energy at all... Food shopping is expensive! i can relate when you say you spent so much... i shop weekly and its just ridiculous on how much money i spend, its fruit and veg and meat that make my bill so high...
any keep going your doing fab!!! xxx

Back