A Mandy Journey - there and NEVER back again!

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
Ok so I've come crawling back to SW after putting on over a stone, yes a STONE over the Christmas period. Rats!
So I had over 4st gone, and was down to 13st 13lb. Yay!
But then Christmas happened and I'm back up to 15st 1lb. Boo, hiss!

But hey, I've lost it once, I'll get back there and keep going this time. My daughter's Confirmation is in March and I want to look the best I can for it, so no more Ms Stuffalotafoodin!

Breakfast was a no go today, as I woke up with a dicky tummy, no doubt due to all the fatty foods I've been feeding it since Christmas. For lunch I had minced beef hash, and I'm planning either more hash, or some curry and rice for dinner with added veg. Not a lot to choose from to be honest, as my food shop is tomorrow, and I'm determined to pick up everything I need to make this a wonderful SW week.

Feeling very confident today, and in control. Really looking forward to having a couple of Alpen Light bars later on with a cuppa. I did my food shop today and bought LOADS of fruit and veg for the week, so I'm sorted food-wise. I just have to make sure I stay on track and don't lose my momentum.
I'm not going to be here moaning this time next year about all the time I wasted. I WILL be at target, and I WILL be fabulous! Well...more fabulous lol

Another great food day today. The main reason I love using Alpen Light bars as my B choice is that I can have two of them, which feel naughty, but really isn't. I had one with fruit and a cuppa for breakfast, and one with a yogurt and cuppa for a treat tonight...yum.
Main meal today was Minced Beef Hash, which is still a firm favorite with me. Have plenty left over too, and have WW wraps in to go with it and at 5 syns, it feels naughty too, but itsn't! I truly do love SW!

I was walking down to collect my little one from playgroup this morning and realised that even after all the weight I've lost so far, I still feel like a second-rate citizen, which is stupid, I know, but every time I see a slim, good-looking woman, I almost wish I had a tail to put between my legs as I avoid eye-contact and slink away hoping they haven't noticed me. Very Quasimodo of me! This is something I really have to work on. After all, it sure would be heartbreaking if I lost all this weight and became a slim, good-looking woman, only to still feel ashamed of myself. This is actually my biggest fear, and I'm glad I can say it here, as I know anyone reading this can relate and sympathise.

2013, let's be having you, I'm fed up feeling this way. I'm fed up looking this way, and I'm fed up of kids using me and my weight to tease my own children. It's not on. I want to be a mother they can be proud of, rather than a mother they have to stick up for.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the house and getting out for a walk with the new puppy. It won't be a fast-paced walk, as he's only ikkle, and to be honest he'd trip me up anyway haha, but it's a walk nontheless!
I may well change my B choice for bread tomorrow...I think I fancy toast and poached eggs for breakfast.
Left over Minced Beef Hash for lunch, and perhaps a SW grill for dinner.

For now, I'm going to put another book on my Kindle and go read about sheckshy men in bed lol

I WILL be at target, and I WILL be fabulous! Well...more fabulous

Too right sister.

Some people were saying in another diary they put a "before" photo of themselves to stop them from eating which to me sounded so wrong. You are carrying extra weight, it doesn't make you bad or in need of punishment. It doesn't make you less capable or less wonderful. You will only be more fabulous because you will gain confidence to really shine :)

I'll be rooting for you all the way hun :)

Another great food day today. The main reason I love using Alpen Light bars as my B choice is that I can have two of them, which feel naughty, but really isn't. I had one with fruit and a cuppa for breakfast, and one with a yogurt and cuppa for a treat tonight...yum.
Main meal today was Minced Beef Hash, which is still a firm favorite with me. Have plenty left over too, and have WW wraps in to go with it and at 5 syns, it feels naughty too, but itsn't! I truly do love SW!

I was walking down to collect my little one from playgroup this morning and realised that even after all the weight I've lost so far, I still feel like a second-rate citizen, which is stupid, I know, but every time I see a slim, good-looking woman, I almost wish I had a tail to put between my legs as I avoid eye-contact and slink away hoping they haven't noticed me. Very Quasimodo of me! This is something I really have to work on. After all, it sure would be heartbreaking if I lost all this weight and became a slim, good-looking woman, only to still feel ashamed of myself. This is actually my biggest fear, and I'm glad I can say it here, as I know anyone reading this can relate and sympathise.

2013, let's be having you, I'm fed up feeling this way. I'm fed up looking this way, and I'm fed up of kids using me and my weight to tease my own children. It's not on. I want to be a mother they can be proud of, rather than a mother they have to stick up for.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the house and getting out for a walk with the new puppy. It won't be a fast-paced walk, as he's only ikkle, and to be honest he'd trip me up anyway haha, but it's a walk nontheless!
I may well change my B choice for bread tomorrow...I think I fancy toast and poached eggs for breakfast.
Left over Minced Beef Hash for lunch, and perhaps a SW grill for dinner.

For now, I'm going to put another book on my Kindle and go read about sheckshy men in bed lol

Hello lovely. You should never feel like a second class citzen! Hold your head up high you are doing brilliantly!

Hey Fran, before photos don't serve any purpose for me but to remind me of how awful I really looked. And then I start getting a bit depressed and wanting chocolate lol
Besides, you can't starve yourself skinny. Well, you can, but the minute you relax your guard it'll all pile back on and more. I'd much prefer to eat myself skinny!

Sarah-Lou, thanks so much, chicken xx

Well, another very good food day here, and a great water day too!
I didn't get my poached eggs on toast, as there were no eggs (d'oh!), but I do have some in now, and am planning on a SW grill for breakfast tomorrow. Nom nom.

Didn't get around to walking to puppy either, as I was awake really late last night and went back to bed for a while at lunch time. It turned into the most epic nap you've ever seen, and I didn't stir until 4pm. Hubby had dinner ready soon after, which was lovely!

I did get the house clean though, so plenty of body magic scrubbing floors and whatnot. My lovely mother has promised me a new electric omellette maker tomorrow, so I'll be taking a walk to Aldi with her for that :D
Can't wait to try it out.

I feel like I'm totally in the zone now, and am delighted to be back and in control. Looking forward to WI on Tuesday, but am feeling a bit "crampy" if you know what I mean, so perhaps Aunt Flo is on her way to pay a visit, which means I may not have the best loss... C'est la vie! It'll show up eventually.

Well, another very good food day here, and a great water day too!
I didn't get my poached eggs on toast, as there were no eggs (d'oh!), but I do have some in now, and am planning on a SW grill for breakfast tomorrow. Nom nom.

Didn't get around to walking to puppy either, as I was awake really late last night and went back to bed for a while at lunch time. It turned into the most epic nap you've ever seen, and I didn't stir until 4pm. Hubby had dinner ready soon after, which was lovely!

I did get the house clean though, so plenty of body magic scrubbing floors and whatnot. My lovely mother has promised me a new electric omellette maker tomorrow, so I'll be taking a walk to Aldi with her for that :D
Can't wait to try it out.

I feel like I'm totally in the zone now, and am delighted to be back and in control. Looking forward to WI on Tuesday, but am feeling a bit "crampy" if you know what I mean, so perhaps Aunt Flo is on her way to pay a visit, which means I may not have the best loss... C'est la vie! It'll show up eventually.

Aww mandy! I hate AF i swear she only turns up to make me gain when ive had a great week! Lol

I know, it's horrible! I've been all over the place with my cycle due to the depo injection though, so at the moment I'm waiting for them to "return". No sign of it yet, but having the cramps, so hopefully they're not too far behind. I just want to get back into a normal cycle, and then I can go back on some form of birth control!

I used to do the WI at my group, and the amount of women who gained or STS after a really good week, due to AF was awful. I always felt really sorry for them, so I know exactly what to expect.

Hi Hun great diary, they may not return if your on the depo I've been on it 4 years and only spot now and again but still get cramps etc. xx

Oh they'll be back. I'm a serial depo-user haha. Last time it did take two years for them to come back after 3 injections though. I had to come off it due to a 6-month bleed this time, along with having some laser surgery and endo, they didn't really know what was causing the bleed, but as soon as I came off the depo it stopped. I'd rather have none than have them constantly though!

Another great day! I'm a roll, me-thinks! Had my lovely SW grill this morning when I got up after a nice sleep in. My hubby is a great man...a great man...I have to keep reminding myself of that when I see the mess he creates lol
I brought puppy out for a walk today too, and got my omellette maker and food processor off the Mammy... she's a wonder-woman!
Strangely STARVING day today. After my grill at 11am, I had an apple and a pear and a mugshot at 2pm, and a big dinner of home-made beef burger in wholemeal bun, with cheese, mayo, ketchup and onion, along with SW garlic chips and veg. WHAT DIET?!
Now chilling out, listening to music, contemplating spending my remaining syns on an Alpen Light bar and a hot chocolate (Options, of course!). Orange is my fave hot choc flavour...nom.
Seriously, I totally understand when people do a double take when I tell them all the food I'm allowed to eat, and I can also understand when they shake their heads and say "How are you losing weight, eating all that?!". Haha. SW is fab!

Feeling wonderful. I guess when you're in control of yourself you feel more comfortable in yourself.
Drank a litre of water earlier, and for the first time this week I'm allowing myself some diet coke...
Not craving crisps or sweets at all, strangely. Usually when I restart after a week or so off plan I spend all that first week dying for something nice. The Alpen bars satisfy me, I suppose. Just sweet enough to fool me into thinking I've had a treat.

Looking forward to getting back into a 16. As I mentioned earlier, I put on a stone over the Xmas and I went back into an 18. Shame, as I'd bought myself some nice things to wear out, which didn't fit when I went to put them on! When I get this stone off, and get back to where I was, it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump into a size 14... I'm hoping to be in a 14 by March, for my daughter's Confirmation. That would be lovely. And the good news is that I got a 50 euro voucher for a shopping centre for Xmas off the MIL that I'm saving to buy something nice to wear for that day, which means I might have a few extra euro for a hair trim and some nice gel nails. Yay...bring it!

I think my Mum is struggling a bit with the plan. I bought her a countdown for Xmas because she said she was determined to do it this time, but whenever I ask what she's eaten, even though she's sticking to it, she keeps saying "it was tasteless". I'm doing the best I can with suggestions, but I think we all remember starting off and cutting out the butter from the mash, and cutting down on the sauces and stuff...everything did kind of taste a bit bland. But I'll let you in on a little secret -- nowadays I can't STAND having butter in my mash....it's HORRIBLE! She'll get there. I've suggested running an egg through her mash, and using herbs and spices for some nice, natural flavour, but she's unsure..."I don't have any of that stuff". She lives right across the road from a supermarket...she could get it if she really wanted.

But you know what they say -- if you really want to lose weight, you'll make changes, if you don't you'll make excuses!

Another great day! I'm a roll, me-thinks! Had my lovely SW grill this morning when I got up after a nice sleep in. My hubby is a great man...a great man...I have to keep reminding myself of that when I see the mess he creates lol
I brought puppy out for a walk today too, and got my omellette maker and food processor off the Mammy... she's a wonder-woman!
Strangely STARVING day today. After my grill at 11am, I had an apple and a pear and a mugshot at 2pm, and a big dinner of home-made beef burger in wholemeal bun, with cheese, mayo, ketchup and onion, along with SW garlic chips and veg. WHAT DIET?!
Now chilling out, listening to music, contemplating spending my remaining syns on an Alpen Light bar and a hot chocolate (Options, of course!). Orange is my fave hot choc flavour...nom.
Seriously, I totally understand when people do a double take when I tell them all the food I'm allowed to eat, and I can also understand when they shake their heads and say "How are you losing weight, eating all that?!". Haha. SW is fab!

Feeling wonderful. I guess when you're in control of yourself you feel more comfortable in yourself.
Drank a litre of water earlier, and for the first time this week I'm allowing myself some diet coke...
Not craving crisps or sweets at all, strangely. Usually when I restart after a week or so off plan I spend all that first week dying for something nice. The Alpen bars satisfy me, I suppose. Just sweet enough to fool me into thinking I've had a treat.

Looking forward to getting back into a 16. As I mentioned earlier, I put on a stone over the Xmas and I went back into an 18. Shame, as I'd bought myself some nice things to wear out, which didn't fit when I went to put them on! When I get this stone off, and get back to where I was, it's only a hop-skip-and-a-jump into a size 14... I'm hoping to be in a 14 by March, for my daughter's Confirmation. That would be lovely. And the good news is that I got a 50 euro voucher for a shopping centre for Xmas off the MIL that I'm saving to buy something nice to wear for that day, which means I might have a few extra euro for a hair trim and some nice gel nails. Yay...bring it!

I think my Mum is struggling a bit with the plan. I bought her a countdown for Xmas because she said she was determined to do it this time, but whenever I ask what she's eaten, even though she's sticking to it, she keeps saying "it was tasteless". I'm doing the best I can with suggestions, but I think we all remember starting off and cutting out the butter from the mash, and cutting down on the sauces and stuff...everything did kind of taste a bit bland. But I'll let you in on a little secret -- nowadays I can't STAND having butter in my mash....it's HORRIBLE! She'll get there. I've suggested running an egg through her mash, and using herbs and spices for some nice, natural flavour, but she's unsure..."I don't have any of that stuff". She lives right across the road from a supermarket...she could get it if she really wanted.

But you know what they say -- if you really want to lose weight, you'll make changes, if you don't you'll make excuses!

Hello lovely. Another fab day under your belt. I dont tend to eat breakfast as i find it makes me hungier throughout the day. But the food is there to be eaten and enjoyed so if your hungry eat. Thats the best thing about sw!

With regards to your mum its tricky. I love butter. I can literally eat bits of it with a spoon but the only thing i can advise is keep suggesting things to her.

Here are a couple of things i like in mash and maybe they can help her.

Mustards in mash the taste amazing!

Spring onion and crispy bacon or cabbage mixed in makes it taste yummy.

A teaspoon of mayo can make mash tastes really creamy with lots of pepper and garlic.

Mature cheese and horseradish in mash is devine. Especially with steak!

Maybe she could try adding sweet potato, pumpkin, swede, butter nut squash or carrot to her regular mash. Theyre are 20 different yummy combos that can be made from those veggies.

Maybe try getting extra light flora. It isnt butter but when mixed into mash you cant taste much difference and im a low fat spread a phobe!

Hope these help!!

Xxxx

Thanks for all those lovely suggestions! I will pass along the SW wisdom tomorrow lol
Yeah I feel great having all these good food days... SW's a Godsend, isn't it? Can't believe it's only been in the ROI for 2 years!

Thanks for all those lovely suggestions! I will pass along the SW wisdom tomorrow lol
Yeah I feel great having all these good food days... SW's a Godsend, isn't it? Can't believe it's only been in the ROI for 2 years!

Sw is brilliant. I hope they help. Personally i now prefer flavoured mashes compared to just one with butter and milk.

I usually just run a spring onion through the potatoes... I don't mind not having gravy or anything like that.

Minks, I can't believe you're nearly at target! Well done, girl! You must be so, so proud of yourself... I know I am very proud of you! Seems like forever ago when we got chatting on here. It's good to see you doing so well, and I'm loving the pics and food in your diary. Slimspiration, for me! :D So have you got any pics of your journey in the Inspirational pics forum? I'd love to see the new you!

Minks, I can't believe you're nearly at target! Well done, girl! You must be so, so proud of yourself... I know I am very proud of you! Seems like forever ago when we got chatting on here. It's good to see you doing so well, and I'm loving the pics and food in your diary. Slimspiration, for me! :D So have you got any pics of your journey in the Inspirational pics forum? I'd love to see the new you!

Awwww thanks sweetie :) its crazy to be honest, never thought I'd get this far but somehow I have woo! I haven't done the journey in pics yet,I want to when I hit target so a couple of months time hopefully!
How you doing anyway!? Sounds like you are well in the zone right now which is awesome. Are you back at group or going it 'alone'? Although you'd never be alone cause you have us :) Hope you are having a good night sugar xx

Oh I'm still in my group. Trust me, I need it. I left for a few months and only managed to maintain by having a good week/bad week thing going on. If I were to leave again, I'd lose the plot haha. My Mum joined with me last week, but she's having a bit of a hard time getting her head around it, so I sat down this evening and done her out a 5 day menu, with breakfast, lunch and dinner laid out, color coded into free, superfree and hex's. I also done her up a shopping list. But I'm betting she'll have some excuse ready for why she can't eat such-and-such or she couldn't possibly buy all those ingredients. She won't understand that the bulk of it (the herbs, spices, sauces, and such) she won't have to buy again for ages. Slimming World IS expensive, but she'll be saving on take-aways and rubbish!
I wish I'd had someone to do this for me when I started, but I walked into that group by myself and had nobody around me for support for ages....until I found this site, and you lovely lot!

Had a good day today. Not great, but not bad either. I missed breakfast, and that's why it wasn't great. But I was just so busy cleaning that it never struck me to feed myself until around lunch time, by which time I was STARVING. Good job I had a Slender Choice ready meal (chicken curry - 2 syns) in the freezer. It was delish, and filling, and it included the 1/3 SF. Dinner was a Tesco southern fried chicken fillet (7 syns) with SW chips seasoned with jerk, and processed peas...I just LOVE the processed peas, and since starting SW I've not really had them, since they're not SF. So I had no SF with dinner (naughty me!).
Planning on a cuppa in a minute with two Alpen Light bars to finish off the evening.

Tomorrow is WI! Woot! Wonder if the scales will be kind?! I think I'll bag up the ingredients for soup and make it in my mother's in the morning, since I'll be there from 9.45am until I have to pick Fia up from playgroup at 12.30pm. Plus she'll get the added benefit of seeing how it's made and I'll even split it with her lol

Actually, today wasn't so bad. I'm still in good form, and still "there" in my mind. I have let the water slip a bit though, only managed about 2 pints today, which isn't good enough. Tomorrow!!!

Back