A 'message from beyond'??

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Russiandoll, 15 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Just had to share this with you.

As you know, I had a shaky moment because of my recent small weight losses yadda yadda ... anyway, I read some lovely encouraging, supportive messages on here and then signed off and decided to have my AAM for lunch as I found it 'a bit much' WITH my evening soup.

So, I brought my teaplate of salad leaves and cottage cheese (and yes AKB - more celery: I AM a masochist! ;) ) and sat down at the table. I looked at my little plate of 'goodies', sighed and said out loud 'What do you reckon guardian angel?'. (I often 'talk' to my guardian angel - yes, I am a bona fide nutcase :) )
    I thought it would be nice to have a bit of music to listen to and switched on the stereo. I bought an ELO CD a few days ago on Ebay and it was in the player so I flicked it to 'random' and pressed 'play'.

I was gobsmacked when the first song to play was 'Hold on tight to your dream' ... I listened to every word intently and I have to say that a bunch of lyrics have never meant so much to me. A total coincidence or a message from my guardian angel?? Don't know - but it worked whatever it was.

To everyone - if you get the chance to listen to that song then do .... we should all 'Hold on tight to our dreams'.
    Gill-cdthing likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i must be a nutcase too then (no surpises there says hubby) i talk to them too and its amazing what happens,
  4. janeylouise1

janeylouise1 Janeylouise1

What a great story Debbie.
  5. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    If that isn't fate giving you a helping shove then I don't know what is :D

I'm so pleased you have found your resolve again Debbie :)

Our sucesses are not routed in the good times, they are based on how we deal with the tough times. I know you'll get to where you want to be because you are so strong and have learnt such a lot about yourself. ;)
  6. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante and exercise
    Firmly believe in fate and things higher so yes - i think a sign and message for you to carry on with the superb journey you have begun.
    What a wonderful and uplifting thing to happen :)
  7. AKB

AKB Full Member

Excellent Debbie - absolutely chuffed for you! Relieved to know that although you have questionable tastes in salad items you like good music:D

That ship ain't going anywhere without you honey!
  8. bigbluefurrymonster

bigbluefurrymonster Full Member

I love ELO... Mr Blue Sky cheers me up when i'm down

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  9. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    That's in my top 10 all time greats :D
  10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Lovely story Debbie!

I read that coincidence's are God's way of being anonymous.:)
  11. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

That could be so true, I often speak to mine too, but havent ever told anyone.

I am a firm believer in Fate so yes, I reckon this was a message sent to you.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.