A "Nearly There" thread, with pictures.

Yambabe

Bad Girl
Forgive me my narcissism, but I just wanted to hear you all say some nice things to me! :eek:

Anyway, this was me in December 2009, weighing in at 15 stone, as I'm only 5' 1.5" this put me in the morbidly obese BMI bracket. My top was a size 22-24 and my bum was a size 20.

Apr10.jpg

I've tried most diets over the years with varying degrees of success, so after a month of calorie-counting in Jan of this year without losing so much as an ounce I started the Exante VLCD at the beginning of Feb.

This is me today, now 4 stone 4 lbs lighter, in a size 14 top and size 10 jeans. :D

Jul10035.jpg

I'm still not quite at a healthy BMI but I'm getting there - bit slower now as I have reintroduced food and am learning to have a healthy relationship with it rather than a destructive or obsessive one. I am however fairly happy with the way I look now and starting to focus much more on toning up some of the still-floppy bits and getting healthy rather than what the scales say.

I'm kind of hoping that as well as you saying nice things to me ;) my pics might possibly help to inspire some of you who are at the beginning of your weightloss journey or feeling a bit down about where you are at.

I never thought I could do this, but I have. :) And it feels fantastic! :D

Brilliant love, well done. I love success stories and what great pictures, you look fantastic. Well done. :bliss: :bliss:

Congratulations, what a change you look brilliant! Such an inspiration.

Is that really you??

Wow, You look totally different. I wouldnt recognise you as the same person. You look 20 years younger too. Well done. Hopefully you will live 20 years longer to enjoy being thin.

Belle:D

Well done you ... you look great !! :clap:

wow you are looking as sleek as that car ,
well done
are you like me going to the car shows to please the other half

Thanks everyone, I feel better now! :eek:

Mayy no, I enjoy the car shows too although I prefer bike shows. At that particular show (American Classic Vehicles at Tatton Park) we were both exhibiting our motorbikes (see pic on the left for mine!) as they are US models rather than UK ones.

I proper love you Yam - am proud of your achievements and hope that you are really enjoying being so much smaller, fitter and younger!!!!
Bren xxx

LOL cheers Bren!

Looks like we may both be ending up as Exante poster girls before too much longer, they contacted me this week about putting me on the website as a success story! :eek:

Thanks everyone, I feel better now! :eek:

Mayy no, I enjoy the car shows too although I prefer bike shows. At that particular show (American Classic Vehicles at Tatton Park) we were both exhibiting our motorbikes (see pic on the left for mine!) as they are US models rather than UK ones.

We go to those american shows as hubby has an American chevy astro van , we are hopefully off to billing show this weekend

well done you look amazing keep up the good work your an inspiration.

Back