A new approach

finnsmum

Back up to nearly 17 stones again.

I'm full of self-loathing and am pretty unhappy.

However, I have 2 lovely kids, a job and a supportive partner who to my surprise doesn't seem to care what size I am.

I love junk food and I live on crisps, biscuits and chocolate.

I'm not doing a full on diet. I just end up putting it all on again plus some. I'm going to make one change a week and see what happens.

This week it's 20 minutes walking everyday. As it's my first week I'm going to give up crisps too.

hi finnsmum good luck on ur healthy eating, the 20 mins walk should help- i lose more when i've walked all week, instead of giving up crisps could n't you allow urself 1 bag of lower fat crisps i have cheese & onion pom bear snacks they are lovely 75 or 95 cals depending what pack they come from then at least ur still getting a treat any way good luck xx

Thats a good approach, make the 'diet' fit you, not the other way around. You will be surprised that in a very short time you will lose the taste for the junk. I didn't think I could live without biscuits and chocolate; I can. I can't live without wine though! Oh well, can't win them all.

Good luck with your new life.

hello and good luck :)

I could have written your post myself! I started a lot heavier than you are now, so now we are around the same weight!

Yes, don't think diet, think lifestyle change...it works for me :) I weaned myself off crisps with ryvita minis, now I don't eat them either :)

I too have a hubby who doesn't mind my size, i am lucky!..but I'm doing it for ME and for my health..so sick of looking and feeling like I did..still got lots to lose, but something has clicked and i feel that i'm going to do it!

its not easy hun, but it is so worth it! Keep posting, I look forward to chatting with you :)

Back