A new dawn, a new day, a new diary.

Ooh yes, I saw that too! When I went shopping they were all out of the Primula though. I'll have to try and remember it for next week as it did look lovely!

Having a very bad day today, I'm trying very hard not to eat my feelings and cry :( Sometimes people can just be deliberately awful. But I am going to eat plenty of fruit instead of going to Tesco and getting chocolate, even though I have 3 shops right on my doorstep, and concentrate on work instead.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight, I fancy something pasta-ry (that's now a word lol). Might go for spaghetti bolognese, since I don't think I've had that with actual spaghetti for ages!

Breakfast: x2 bananas and x2 special k bars (hexB 1&2)
Lunch: Mushroom and spinach omelette
Dinner:
Snacks: apple, x2 pears, x2 apples,
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

Last edited:
Having an absolutely awful day today, just everything going wrong that can. I tried not to let it get to me but it has tonight, but with people yesterday and the today ugh. Especially when I went to WI and had gained 1.5lbs. I'd been on plan all week too, which is annoying. I genuinely thought I'd lost at least 1lb.

Anyway, had a good day up until tonight when I decided to get a large pizza and sit and eat most of that, some wedges and a bar of chocolate. Going to have an early night and hopefully wake up and have a better day tomorrow.

Wednesday

Breakfast: banana, x2 special k bars (hexB 1 and 4.5 syns)
Lunch: baked beans on toast (hexB 2)
Dinner: pizza, wedges and chocolate (probably several million syns lol)
Snacks: apple, pear
Drinks: 4.5 liters water with nas squash

Trying to get back in the zone today. I'm going to stop doing green this week and go back to EE, not sure how long I'll manage that as I do love my second hexB, but I used to do it this way so I can manage it. See if it makes a difference on the scales at least. Started out with a packet of oats, that I looked up mid-mouthful to find were 9.5 syns. Ouch. Thought they'd have a few syns but not that many, thankfully I only had that one packet. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow so I think tomorrow will be largely off-plan, it's going to be a long day so probably will only have dinner at home unfortunately. Thursdaybreakfast: mixed berry porridge oatswith chia (9.5 syns)lunch: boiled egg and toast (hexB)dinner: baked potato, with 30g cheddar (hexA), lf quorn sausage, mushrooms, baked beans and onionssnacks: x2 Apple, x2 pear, orange, popcorn (3 syns)drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

Last edited:
Oh no , who's upset you? :(
Hope you're in better spirits now?
Sorry to hear you had a gain, but stick with it
And hope things are a bit brighter for you now x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, much better thank you! Trying not to dwell on things because it just gets me down so I'm Sticking with it and feeling all around more positive again!

Had a fairly off plan day yesterday due to the hospital, I left so early and didn't get back until evening so had breakfast and lunch out and dinner was just some pasta as I had no energy left in the evening. Today has been much much better, had an SP day although I hadn't planned it, but couldn't manage breakfast as I was feeling pretty poorly. Shouldn't have anything standing in my way this week though, no meals out or anything.

saturday

lunch: mushroom and spinach omelette, apple
dinner: lentil and quorn bolognese with 30g cheddar (hexA)
snacks: x4 alpen light bars (hexB 1&2), pear, orange, x4 Oreos (10 syns), mini bag of popcorn (3 syns)
drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash

I put the spinach in raw toward the end. Tbh you can't really taste it in it, I just like having a few extra veggies where possible.

I''m into my last week of university now. I'm trying to finish up my final project, so I think this week will be pretty stressful. I already have a sore head today and am craving chocolate like you wouldn't believe, none in the house though which is probably a very good thing. I'm having to work from bed because of a bad hip and back and I do hate being stuck inside on such a nice day too. Plan on having a fruit salad in the garden at 3pm to get myself out of the house for a bit and break the monotony.

Sunday

Lunch: baked potato, cottage cheese, spinach, tomato and cucumber
Dinner: x2 toast from 400g (hexB 1), scrambled eggs, lf quorn sausages, baked beans and mushrooms
Snacks: grapes, blueberries and pineapple, apple, pear, x2 alpen light bars (hexB 2), x4 Oreos (10 syns)
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk

Last edited:
I haven't really eaten today as I'm feeling rather nauseous. I seem to be getting nowhere with my final uni piece and now I've got a week to finish it so I'm stressing out quite a bit. I've been working on it for months and it just seems to be stagnant. I'm hoping I'll have an epiphany rather soon lol. I'll try and eat something proper for dinner tonight.

Monday

Lunch: x2 alpen light bars (hexB)
Dinner: sweet potato wedges, roasted veggies, quorn roast, homemade tzatziki
Snacks: pear, x4 Oreos (10 syns),
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, diet mango crush drink, 250ml ss milk

Last edited:
Feeling a lot less nauseous today so while I didn't manage breakfast in having a proper lunch. I really don't think I've lost weight again, which is worrying me. I had my doctor recheck to see if my thyroid levels have changed just in case, but I'm certain I've not lost again. I now have a holiday at the end of August to look forward to do I really really want to lose a lot more before then!

tuesday

lunch: x2 bread (hexB) with quorn fillets, cucumber, homemade tzatziki and 25g crisps (6 syns)
dinner: 45g rf halloumi, grilled mushrooms, tomatoes and homemade spicy rice with 1 tsp nandos garlic sauce stuff (0.5 syn)
Snacks: pear, apple,

Last edited:
I have had a couple of weeks where I have put on and it has been suggested I don`t eat enough. Now I think my portions are big so I have upped the syns a little. Will see what that does this week.

Keep going Reander

Thank you Nanny Doreen. It's so frustrating when it goes the wrong way isn't it!

I had a STS this week which was disappointing, but we had a different consultant which was actually quite helpful. He suggested that maybe my portions are too big now I've lost a bit. Two family members had actually suggested that to me too, so maybe it's a valid point. My problem is my anti-depressants increase appetite, I'm usually crazy hungry :( and I only eat when I am hungry... Either way I'm going to try and have smaller portion this week to see how it goes. He also suggested switching up meals a bit... TBH I'm not terribly creative when it comes to switching things up, I like the having the same old stuff lol, but I did have something different last night. Oh and to also try and have half speed food with each meal instead of a third.

Can't remember what I had to eat yesterday... drawing a blank. I did make myself a mushy pea curry when I got in from WI, which was actually nicer than I thought it was going to be, not mushy pea-y at all lol. I'm quite sickly today so meals have been mostly stuff that can be shoved in the microwave, not ideal as I didn't have any speed with lunch, but it's not something i'll make a habit of and it's all on plan.

Thursday

breakfast: banana, alpen light bar (hexB 1)
Lunch: Baked beans on toast (hexB 2), apple
Dinner: garlic veggie kiev thing (7 syns), carrots, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, and roasted butternut squash with tagliatelle (weighed)
Snacks: alpen light bar (hexB 1 continued), apple, nectarine, x2 alpen light bars (6 syns), x3 babybel light (hexA) and grapes
Drinks: tropical crush diet drink, 3 litres water with nas squash

Setting some goals to check off each day:

Half a plate of speed foods at meal times where possible [:checkmark green:]
Weighing/measuring pasta/potatoes/rice/noodles etc [
checkmark%20green.gif
]
Trying something different []

Last edited:
Also adding onto my goal list, I want to try and eat breakfast every day, see if that makes a change at all. I'm not a breakfast person AT ALL but it's worth a shot. A proper breakfast at that, since if I eat breakfast atm it's usually a banana and an alpen bar. I'll try and move back onto porridge or something.

I have started making the overnight oats, they're really good, filling too :)
I don't usually have 'breakfast' either, well not at 'breakfast' time....it's usually mid to late morning :)
And sometimes lunch is like an hour or 2 later as well !

I've tried the overnight oats but with a shape yogurt instead. I wasn't a fan though, which is a pity because they looked nice and they were easy.

Well breakfast went out of the window as I had an awful night, finally fell asleep around 6am and woke up at 11.30. So not much point in doing breakfast as such, if I get hungry late tonight I suppose I can have breakfast then?! Have an awful head, lots of work to do and a fire alarm that keeps beeping and no batteries for it, grrr. I do think it's going to be one of those days today :rolleyes:

Think i'm gonna pull out the slow cooker and make some lentil, tomato and red pepper soup to snack on/have as meals tomorrow. I'm in the mood for a nice vegetable soup but since i'm out of most stuff at the moment i'll have to make do.

Friday

Lunch: scrambled eggs, x2 toast from 400g (hexB), brown sauce (1 syn), mushrooms, tomatoes and veggie bacon (1.5 syns)
Dinner: pasta, broccoli, cottage cheese bake with 30g cheddar (hexA)
Snacks: apple, pear, x 2alpen light bar (6 syns), x3 babybel light (hexA), grapes, raspberries, blueberries

Last edited:
Ooh dear, I made a whole week of meal plans and it's really not gone to plan :eek: So much for baked potato tonight, all the taters we have left are tiny little things and I can't be bothered to scrub them!

Need something quick and easy and even though I've been shopping I have no inspiration tonight. In fact all I want is my bed lol.

I do love wedges, and did consider it, but had no energy to be scrubbing them lol. Had an invention of broccoli, mushrooms, pasta and cottage cheese bake. It was okay, not sure if I'd repeat it!

Off to the cinema this afternoon, I really do fancy a bit of popcorn so if I get a chance I'll stop at Tesco on the way and I'll get a bag of it from there as I know it's fewer syns.

Saturday

Lunch: x2 slices bread (hexB), quorn fillets, cucumber, cottage cheese
Dinner: quorn burger (egg, kidney beans, quorn mince, onion, garlic, mushrooms and seasoning) in a lettuce 'bun' with 2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (1 syn) with wedges and roasted peppers and tomatoes
Snacks: x2 pears, 3/4 bag of popcorn (16.5 syns :eek:),
Drinks: 3 litres water with nas squash, 250ml ss milk, mango crush diet soda

Last edited:
I saw Pitch Perfect 2 - pretty good for a sequel. I probably did eat too much popcorn, but it was less syns than the cinema stuff, so not all bad. Well done on the 4 stone award by the way! That's amazing :D

Made another invention for dinner quorn bean burgers, actually turned out nice and had them in a lettuce 'bun', so it was syn free! Also managed to finish my final piece for uni - 568 words over the limit tho, oops. Guess i'll be spending tomorrow trying to edit out superfluousness! Still have another 1000 words to write on my creative process (ugh!) and bibliographies normally take me a few hours too. Think i'l be buying in some diet coke for a caffeine kick to keep me awake haha.

Oh and checklist which I forgot yesterday, but did actually try to stick to today:

Half a plate of speed foods at meal times where possible [
checkmark%20green.gif
]
Weighing/measuring pasta/potatoes/rice/noodles etc [
checkmark%20green.gif
]
Trying something different [
checkmark%20green.gif
]
Eating a 'proper' breakfast [:roadblock:]

Last edited:
No breakfast again as I was in a rush, and I was pleased I turned down cakes visiting family. I'm now feeling particularly stressed about this last piece of uni work and I have a feeling I might end up being naughty today. I'm going to do my best not to but I feel something inside me that has the willpower is broken today lol. I've been typing for hours and hours now and getting nowhere fast and feeling snacky.

Sunday (green)

Breakfast: x2 alpen light bars (hexB 1), apple and a half
Lunch: x2 bread (hexB 2) with quorn fillet pieces, cucumber, cottage cheese and 30g pringles (7 syns)
Dinner:
Snacks:

Back