A new Eaten Mess

Didnt go swimming as appears our leisure centre is not open for public swimming in the evenings, so another upset for dd again today! Managed to refrain from eating one of the huge choc chip muffins i bought as part of a sorry (er bribe) and refrained from OH's offer of wine :)

Just going to pop down some meal ideas for the next week

lunches:

Cold Meat, Boiled Eggs and Salad
Jacket Potato Beans and Cheese with salad
SW Breakfast
Pasta and Pesto, he cheese, salad
Prawn and Egg Pitta with Salad
Stuffed Aubergine
Potato Skins and Salad
Speedy Soup

Dinners:
Chilli Con Carne and Rice
Steak and Kidney Pie (root veg mash topping not lovely pastry ha!)
Hunters Chicken (topped bbq sauce, bacon and hea cheese) sw chips and salad
Sticky 5 Spice Gammon, Noodles, Green Beans, Babycorn
Homemade Burgers and Coleslaw
Harissa Mackerel, Cous Cous and Greek Salad (feta, olives, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes)
Tagliatelle Carbonara

EatenMess said:
Didnt go swimming as appears our leisure centre is not open for public swimming in the evenings, so another upset for dd again today! Managed to refrain from eating one of the huge choc chip muffins i bought as part of a sorry (er bribe) and refrained from OH's offer of wine :)

Just going to pop down some meal ideas for the next week

lunches:

Cold Meat, Boiled Eggs and Salad
Jacket Potato Beans and Cheese with salad
SW Breakfast
Pasta and Pesto, he cheese, salad
Prawn and Egg Pitta with Salad
Stuffed Aubergine
Potato Skins and Salad
Speedy Soup

Dinners:
Chilli Con Carne and Rice
Steak and Kidney Pie (root veg mash topping not lovely pastry ha!)
Hunters Chicken (topped bbq sauce, bacon and hea cheese) sw chips and salad
Sticky 5 Spice Gammon, Noodles, Green Beans, Babycorn
Homemade Burgers and Coleslaw
Harissa Mackerel, Cous Cous and Greek Salad (feta, olives, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes)
Tagliatelle Carbonara

Those dinner ideas are fab! I miss pastry so much :(

I'm planning low syn Thai chicken and rice tonight and lamb steaks with roasted veg for dinner tomorrow - think I will use olive oil for syns as you can't beat it on roasted veg!!

Hi! Well done on your WI. All the food looks lovely!! I think I'm going to do a giant batch cook today and there's some good ideas there lol

Well done on the loss eaten and congrats for saying no to the choc chip muffins!!

Those dinner ideas are fab! I miss pastry so much :(

I'm planning low syn Thai chicken and rice tonight and lamb steaks with roasted veg for dinner tomorrow - think I will use olive oil for syns as you can't beat it on roasted veg!!

I used to think just the same but honestly Sparty try them with balsamic vinegar splashed around isntead of olive oil and they are Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! :)

Thanks everyone - i'm feeling like i'm in such a good frame of mind now!

Tuesday 12th June

B -
Large fruit salad (1/2 red grapefruit, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, 1/4 orange, cherries) and a mug of green tea

L - Butchers Ham, 2 Boiled Eggs, Red Cabbage, Carrot, Tomato, Cucmber, Sweetcorn, 1 TBSP Salad Cream (2), 2 x Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell, Sparkling water

D - Homemade Chilli (tinned toms, e lean mince, beef stock, onions, mushrooms, garlic, celery, carrot, kidny beans, tom paste,chilli powder, worecestershire sauce, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, smoked paprika) rice, hea cheese

Syns - French Fries 4, Mikados 4

Last edited:
Wednesday 13th June

B -
Rhubarb and Vanilla FF Yoghurt, topped with 1 banana and sliced strawberries, green tea, 2 x glasses of water

L - Crispy Jacket Potato, Ham and HEA Cheese, Huge Side Salad (red cabbage, cucumber, carrot, celery, tomatoes, sweetcorn) Salad Cream (2), green tea, 1 x glass of water

D - Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Mushrooms, Tinned Tomatoes, Slice of Wholemeal Toast(5), Diet Cherryade

2 x Green Tea

2 x Alpen Lights, heb

Salt and Vinegar French Fries, 4

Another 100% day :) 3rd in a row

Last edited:
Thursday 14th June

B -
FF Rhubarb and Vanilla Yoghurt, 1 x Alpen Light (3.5)

L -
Butchers Haslet (2.5), Salad Cream (2), Sliced Tomato on 1 heb Wholemeal Toast

D -
Gammon Steak, Fried Egg, Pineapple Salsa, Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges (again yep ha ha, they are gorgeous AND the butcher had no new potatoes in which was my original plan :-( )

Velvet Crunch - 4

Been shopping today and completely stocked up! re-stocked herbs etc that were low, loads of fruit and salad, plenty of veg for now. Also got 8 portions of Fresh Salmon fillets in Asda for just over £6.50 - BARGAIN! Have tuna, tinned pink salmon, bacon, prawns, pasta, rice, tinned toms, light coconut milk, fresh herbs, baked beans, frozen peppers and sweetcorn, cheese, parmesan, chorizo - plenty!! :)

Been to butchers and got lots of el mince, chicken breasts, gammon steaks, and pork chops, 30 free range eggs, ham, haslet and spring lamb chops yet to be picked up

Oh and bought some skinny lizzy sausages in Morrisons to try as they were reduced - haven't had them before!

Friday 15th June

B -
Huge Fruit Salad (1.2 pink grapefruit, 1 apricot, i slice honeydew melon, 8 cherries, 5 strawberries) sparkling water

L - Butchers Haslet (2.5), pineapple salsa (lots) (pineapple, cucumber, red onion, chilli flakes, line juice, fresh corainder mmmm)

D - Homemade Cheeseburgers, (1 in wholemeal roll heb), cheddar (hea), tomato and red onion salsa, homemade coleslaw, salad (red cabbage, sweetcorn, celery, cucumber, peppers)

Velvet Crunch (4.5)

Saturday 16th June *****note to self, do not drink wine as then you get he bloody munchies and spoil a good week :-( !!! *****

B - 2 slices of Honeydew Melon and 5 chopped straberries covered in f/f rhubarb and vanilla yoghurt , green tea, 1 glass water

L
- Prawns, Boiled Egg, Homemade Coleslaw (1/2), Pineapple Salsa, Hartleys Cranberry and Raspberry Jelly (1/2) 1 glass still water, 1 glass sparkling water

D- Salmon and Veg Stir fry with Noodles (green beans, mixed peppers, babycorn, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chillies)

Velvet Crunch - 4, Curly Wurly 6
2 x Alpen Lights heb (not having hea as had double amount of cheese yesterday tut tut!) x

Last edited:
Sunday 17th June

B
- 2 x Skinny Lizzy Sausages (2) (very impressed with these!) 2 eggs druy fried in fry light, baked beans and lots of grilled tomatoes, green tea

L - Large Fruit Salad (melon, pineapple, grapes, cherries, apricot) and Yoghurt, 2 x Alpen Lights , green tea

D - Tagliatelle Carbonara (1.5 syns) (crispy bacon, mushrooms, leeks, garlic, creme fraiche, egg yolks, black peppers, he cheese, basil) served with broccoli , Mango for afters, green tea

10 x Mikados = 5

WEIGH IN TOMORROW - EEEEEEK. Apart from wine on Friday this week has been good, really enjoyed it - just hope there's a loss, Although i can already see a change in my body shape and my jeans feel a little less snug! (and snugs putting it mildly!) lol x

Well done Eaten - brilliant news!! :)

Argh I have had a terrible few days - had a major let down on friday and ate all the things I know I shouldn't the whole weekend. Im so annoyed with myself :( I'm trying to be realistic about SW so about to update my food blog and be honest although i don't want to. Maybe this will shame me into doing it properly - its only been one week and I have done terribly. I'm up on my weekly syns by 68.5

So now I am going to have to try and make up some of the syns this week - WI tonight so not looking forward to that! Also I am going to ascot at the weekend and a pub lunch for my dads bday so will prob be in the same position next week too.

Hi Sparty - well the Well Done is short lived for me too! I lost 1lb this week and i suppose that set me back so yesterday was full of self sabotage, ice cream cone, bottle of wine and indian takeaway!

I'm in a right old mood with myself today - so i need to stick to plan! I'm sure i will - just having probs with OH - long story but exceptionally draining and i'm not sure how much more of this i can put up with, but I know i always do and never just go with my head - always my heart!

I'll check your food blog out if i can find it and have a wee nosy! Sounds like you need the support so don't give up! x x x

Eaten 1 lb loss is great, it's way better than 1 lb on!! Don't be so hard on yourself girl, ur doing great!!

Eaten - maybe this week try and be extra good for a few days so the mini self destructing binge won't have too much impact?? How about going for a half hour walk after dinner or something like that.
I lost 1lb too this week (thank my lucky stars!) but I think my binge will show next week so I am being extra careful x

Thanks Sparty! I'm going to attempt to walk dd to school and back everyday (as long as it's not heavy rain) - the walk to school here is very tough, 2 very large hills to negotiate on the way and one very steep one on the way back too! It only tales 10-15 mins but boy is it hard ha ha! (especially for someone who's only ever lived in pretty flat Lincolnshire lol!) x

Well done on your 1lb too! :) x

Thanks. I am going to start getting off the train one stop early and having a 15 min walk in the mornings. Will let you know how I get on :)

Where did you go?

Sooo sorry just had time away from the intenet!

Unfortunately my OH has been in crisis and things at home have been upside down! Thankfully after seeing the GP he is getting the help and treatment he needs and now i am feeling better, i'm back! :) Will carry on my diary from today! xx

Back